Slafkovsky vs Marner for a playoff run

Slafkovsky or Marner for a playoff run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Until Slaf plays some playoff games I don't know how you couldn't pick Marner. He's the better player right now, regardless of his past playoff performances.

Though I do think Slaf continues to become a monster as he grows. Really like the player. But these are some seriously loaded poll options, especially since we don't even know what Slaf's prime will look like.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Mar 26, 2010
lol is this a serious poll.

Trying to compare a bust 19 goal scorer to Marner. Come on.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
39% of people took the guy who Isn't going to be in the playoffs.

and you wonder why HF boards is seen as anti Leaf.

39% of voters are not serious people

What a joke. Get in the playoffs first then talk about playoffs. This is Stutzle - Matthews all over again.

Why does a player need to have played in the playoffs to be taken over Marner? Marner has already shown many times that he's not good in the playoffs. It won't difficult for a player to perform better than Marner in the playoffs.

Bedard and B. Tkachuk have never played in the nhl playoffs. Would anyone really take Marner over either of them for a playoff run?

Reactions: SheldonJPlankton

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Mitch Marner has put up 663 points in 572 games over the course of his career. Slaf is 20, still developing, and development is never linear.

I would love for Slaf to be able to put up even 3/4 of Marners point production.

Stop with this stupidity.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
what it comes down to me for is which has the better chance.

Does Marner further adapts to playoff hockey like he has the past two playoffs or is Slafkovsky as a playoff rookie going going to do what not blast past the playoff hump that many young players experience when they get a taste of the playoffs.

Right now the easy bet is Marner.

I do think prime Slafkovsky will be better then prime Marner though.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Why does a player need to have played in the playoffs to be taken over Marner? Marner has already shown many times that he's not good in the playoffs. It won't difficult for a player to perform better than Marner in the playoffs.

Bedard and B. Tkachuk have never played in the nhl playoffs. Would anyone really take Marner over either of them for a playoff run?

It's extremely difficult for a player to perform better than Marner in the playoffs when they don't get there, impossible in fact.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Last year in the playoffs Marner had 14 pts in 11 games

Year before that 8 pts in 7 games.

I don’t even know why I’m bringing this up. I’m comparing these stats literally to nothing. Because that’s what Slaf is in the playoffs. Literally nothing.

Make the playoffs twice then argue when Slaf goes ppg+ in two playoff appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad