Skate rating: Graf, Bauer, Mission

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstu

May 6, 2004
Battochio30 said:
Well I have had Graf 502's with Tblades for less than a year and I absolutely hate them. I don't know what it is about them, but I just don't feel good in them. I will probably go back to my old Nike Quest V12's. Most comfortable skate I have tried on in ages. A price drop to $199.99 CDN doesn't hurt either.

Where did you get V-12's for that price?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Nationals has had them on sale a few times (V-12s) first with the Z-Air Comps, then a week or so ago.

The Grafs are fairly expensive. Roughly $500 Canadian now around me (the 700 series) you can also go the E-bay route, but I am always a big fan of trying stuff on and using your LHS. For US prices try hockeymonkey.com they are the only US store I know of that carries Graf on-line.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
EazyB97 said:
Nationals has had them on sale a few times (V-12s) first with the Z-Air Comps, then a week or so ago.

The Grafs are fairly expensive. Roughly $500 Canadian now around me (the 700 series) you can also go the E-bay route, but I am always a big fan of trying stuff on and using your LHS. For US prices try hockeymonkey.com they are the only US store I know of that carries Graf on-line.
Wow... $500 is a big pill to swallow... I dond't think I should be shelling out more than $300 imho

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Then I'd say look for last years close-outs. Go to your LHS and check out what they have. Buy the best fitting skate in your price range. Proper Fit will outweigh any technological advantages. 50 grams isn't alot to start off with, even less when its basically crippled in a skate too wide or narrow.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
My last 2 pairs have been grafs with t-blades and I love them.

Know this, Graf does not sponsor any NHL players, nor do they give away free skates, if you see an NHLer wearing grafs, they payed full price, and they aren't getting paid to wear them.

Graf is the only company that does that.

Vito

Aug 10, 2005
I have been wearing Grafs for the last 2 years and they are awesome. I just wish I bought them sooner, CCMs were killing me.

Graf has been smart about staying with their traditional design that works and not trying to impress us with hyper design or techno features.

Important things to know about Grafs:

They are tilted slighly more forward. That posture is advantageous to forwards, not so much d.

The boot is cut fairly low, so if your ankle sits high above ground you will find CCM boot more supportive.

The toe cap is small in height, so expect more tightness around the toes. To me its a number one advantage.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
you should buy Easton's 1300c like i did, i installed t-blades too. :jump: For a whide foot Nike's flexlite are the bomb! the skate flexe's(duh!) so when you skate they give an extra push after the movement is done,and to answer the initial question, Graff is the way to go, super light, especially the 702, not very pretty but neither are the Missions or the BauerXXX.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
therealdeal said:
My last 2 pairs have been grafs with t-blades and I love them.

Know this, Graf does not sponsor any NHL players, nor do they give away free skates, if you see an NHLer wearing grafs, they payed full price, and they aren't getting paid to wear them.

Graf is the only company that does that.

Spoken like a true sales rep! I'll verify that I've heard the same thing from one of Graf's master fitters a couple of years back. This should say it all.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Graf doesn't sponsor anyone, but it's not like it makes a huge difference. Teams pay for their stuff anyways, so its of no cost to the player. Very few players are actually sponsored. I prefer Graf because they have the most skates, for different foot types, at different price points.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
EazyB97 said:
Graf doesn't sponsor anyone, but it's not like it makes a huge difference. Teams pay for their stuff anyways, so its of no cost to the player. Very few players are actually sponsored. I prefer Graf because they have the most skates, for different foot types, at different price points.

you like them for the right reason then...When Sergei Fedorov left Nike and went to Graf he was expecting more than getting his skates paid for. What he got was a message from his agent telling him that they don't pay Jagr to wear em, so why would they pay Sergei?? I was told this by a source inside the Graf company. It shouldn't make a huge difference, but it just goes to show that these guys are making a living on their skates and some are taking less money because they prefer GRAF's product. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad