SKA St. Petersburg 2013/2014 season talk

doctorgreg

Feb 11, 2013
Belarus
Is there anyone on this board that admits to being a fan of SKA? You know, long time, not just after Kovy went there.

I'm a Dinamo Minsk fan due to geografical reasons (I live in Belarus), but SKA is probably my second favourite team. And it doesnt matter that they spend too much money, cause, IMHO, to earn money in the future you have to spend it today.

York

Jul 21, 2013
Is there anyone on this board that admits to being a fan of SKA? You know, long time, not just after Kovy went there.

There are. I support the SKA many years. You have a problem? Kovalchuk is a good player, but without him the team had enough fans.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
There are. I support the SKA many years. You have a problem? Kovalchuk is a good player, but without him the team had enough fans.

It's just that haters seem more vocal here. :laugh: Kovy's arrival could potentially mean glory hunters/bandwagon fans, just curious if there were any actual Russian fans of SKA.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
It's just that haters seem more vocal here. :laugh: Kovy's arrival could potentially mean glory hunters/bandwagon fans, just curious if there were any actual Russian fans of SKA.

It's one of the few Russian clubs that have not just hockey fans, but also hockey ultras.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

St.Petersburg isn't exactly small. What are all those fans are supposed to do? Hate their team because of the money? That's ridic.

I think you exagerate the idea of "hating". It's just the typical decision by a fan whose team is not on the ice. Which team would you choo se to cheer for. The star-ladden-rich-we-buy-players-in-bundles team or their random opponent. Most of the time ppl cheer for the outsider. I also will applaude any team that can beat SKA in the playoffs, but there is definitely no hate. On the contrary I'm happy we have SKA in the league and look up the game against SKA in my calender.

swosh

Im pink hair niггa
Jul 3, 2013
Prague
+ They stole Kovy, highlighted KHL, prove statement "budget doesnt play", they play "hockey", preparing Salak to Sochi

- They stole Cervenka, opulent budget

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
SKA have got so many haters? I have heard something about that Peterburg is more hated than Moscow in Russia..? :sarcasm:
Anyway, after Atlant, and naturally Slovan, SKA is my favourite KHL club. :handclap:

THAT is definitely not true. Moscow is the undisputed no.1:naughty:

York

Jul 21, 2013
SKA have got so many haters? I have heard something about that Peterburg is more hated than Moscow in Russia..? :sarcasm:
Anyway, after Atlant, and naturally Slovan, SKA is my favourite KHL club. :handclap:

I'm think SKA has more haters than any other hockey club in Russia. Read the comments after every game SKA on Russian forums.

But I do not care :laugh:

VladNYC*

I'm a SKA fan. Zenit too. Sorry guys, I really loved Leningrad. That said, i'm not some sort of rabid Ultra where I can't appreciate what other teams are doing. I'll still root for other Russian teams in the Champions league and appreciate other teams in the KHL.. I know a lot of guys wouldn't be caught dead rooting for Spartak, CSKA, etc against foreign teams but that's not me. Yes SKA is hated. They are like the Yankees without any of the Championships :laugh: But people in St.Peter love the team and support it. Watching Tikhonov play with Kovy has been amazing. That said, there isn't enough Dynamo Moscow fans. They are the best team in Europe, are playing an amazing soviet style hockey and can probably give most teams in the NHL a whooping on the big ice.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
I'm a SKA fan. Zenit too. Sorry guys, I really loved Leningrad. That said, i'm not some sort of rabid Ultra where I can't appreciate what other teams are doing. I'll still root for other Russian teams in the Champions league and appreciate other teams in the KHL.. I know a lot of guys wouldn't be caught dead rooting for Spartak, CSKA, etc against foreign teams but that's not me. Yes SKA is hated. They are like the Yankees without any of the Championships :laugh: But people in St.Peter love the team and support it. Watching Tikhonov play with Kovy has been amazing. That said, there isn't enough Dynamo Moscow fans. They are the best team in Europe, are playing an amazing soviet style hockey and can probably give most teams in the NHL a whooping on the big ice.

They what? Znaroks-Vitolins forecheck heavy Dynamo is Soviet style hockey now?

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
BazmNYxCYAAoMlb.jpg

Interestingly enough the team had to take metro in Moscow.

And absolutely nobody recognized them. That's how insanely popular the game is in the birthplace of Russian hockey and why Sochi is so important to the people of Russia.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
And absolutely nobody recognized them. That's how insanely popular the game is in the birthplace of Russian hockey and why Sochi is so important to the people of Russia.

And? Moscow is like 90% immigrants... :rolleyes:

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Interestingly enough the team had to take metro in Moscow.

Moscow subway in a rush hour is so abysmal, that I think the second coming of Christ would have passed unnoticed there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad