SKA St. Petersburg 2013/2014 season talk

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Relax, buddy. It's hardly the first time Kovy can handle something most people, even pros, simply can't. LOL
cLSGqiw.gif

Point wasn't what the was drinking, but rather that he and Rads had their "own rules" in the team. Jalonen isn't the kind person to watch that kind of thing which doesn't speak well for his future.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
I seriously doubt any team doctor would bring a bottle of cola to a player.

Why not? Is it prohibited? This is what Kovy said and I don't see any reason not to believe him.

Cola drinks and energy drinks are too different things. I once made the mistake of bringing a half liter bottle of Coke instead of more suitable liquid when I played floorball in in the mid-90's and I almost threw up a couple times and was laughed at by the other guys(even before they were laughing "it's your stomach, man"). If you've ever participated in somewhat demanding team sport, you'd know that water or plain orange juice is a lot better option than Cola drinks. There's far too much sugar in the latter.

I play football every Sunday and never had problems with cola or other beverages like it. Have you checked yourself for gastritis.
Too much sugar? Isn't it what you need when you run away glucose in the third period?

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Point wasn't what the was drinking, but rather that he and Rads had their "own rules" in the team. Jalonen isn't the kind person to watch that kind of thing which doesn't speak well for his future.

Sorry, but I think you mix up hockey with a fitness class

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I play football every Sunday and never had problems with cola or other beverages like it. Have you checked yourself for gastritis.
Too much sugar? Isn't it what you need when you run away glucose in the third period?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/76582-gatorade-vs.-soda/

Any drink that's composed primarily of water can quench thirst, but when water is combined with too much sugar, as you'll find in soda, the sugar slows down rehydration. When you need to rehydrate quickly, a specially formulated sports drink such as Gatorade will do the job better than soda or plain water.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
For some reason I read this as "mix up hockey as a pro sport". :laugh:

Bingo! For some reason you read what wasn't written; for some reason you condemned hockey players in the consumption of too much sugar; :laugh:
I don't know how it is going in SM-league but in the KHL's regulations there is no a clause listing beverages allowed to drink ;)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Bingo! For some reason you read what wasn't written; for some reason you condemned hockey players in the consumption of too much sugar; :laugh:
I don't know how it is going in SM-league but in the KHL's regulations there is no a clause listing beverages allowed to drink ;)

You completely missed the point.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You completely missed the point.

Gretzky was famous for drinking Cola, healthy or nor, it's been done for years. Kovy didn't have it's own rules, I'm absolutely certain everyone is free to drink Cola, or Pepsi, or whatever on the Devils bench.

It's obvious a glass of beer isn't very good for professional sportsman either but it's a long running tradition for football players in the UK and nobody has any issues with it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Gretzky was famous for drinking Cola, healthy or nor, it's been done for years. Kovy didn't have it's own rules, I'm absolutely certain everyone is free to drink Cola, or Pepsi, or whatever on the Devils bench.

It's obvious a glass of beer isn't very good for professional sportsman either but it's a long running tradition for football players in the UK and nobody has any issues with it.

Who cares about what they did in the 80's, sports nutrition etc. has developed a lot from those days. Nevertheless, that was not the original point! :rant:

NJDevilsZG

I'll drive team bus
Nov 3, 2010
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm pretty sure Kovy did not get any exceptions from Devils, if we count out couple of times he was not cleanly shaved for a game. He was falling in line like anyone else.
So it's not like one cannot make him respect the team. It's what one chooses to do ...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm pretty sure Kovy did not get any exceptions from Devils, if we count out couple of times he was not cleanly shaved for a game. He was falling in line like anyone else.
So it's not like one cannot make him respect the team. It's what one chooses to do ...

NHL is such a tightly run ship that it's almost impossible to "go solo". He has a history of doing that outside it.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
To get back to topic:

SKA are in training camp in Worb / Switzerland since Monday and face Barys Astana there next Tuesday.

Eugene Power

Jul 17, 2013
Montréal
I'm going to Russia this September and I'll be in St-Petersburg on the 16th for the opening season!

Do you know when the single game tickets will be in sale and where can I buy them?

Thank you!

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
For all the haters:

List of all KHL winners

2009 Ak Bars Kazan
2010 Ak Bars Kazan
2011 Salavat Yulayev Ufa
2012 Dynamo Moscow
2013 Dynamo Moscow

No SKA! And the team never won any league title. Best for KHL would be if all teams had that modern marketing and business model of SKA. They clearly want to make ice hockey a more popular sports and KHL an overall better product.

PS:

What wins the league from teams like Slovan Bratislava or Dinamo Riga who barely get a decent team together?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Agree with Vicente, KHL is there to challenge NHL not SHL, SM-Liiga, NLA.

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
For all the haters:
What wins the league from teams like Slovan Bratislava or Dinamo Riga who barely get a decent team together?

Harsh words, but true....I hope that sooner or later all KHL teams (not necessarily the actual ones) will have budgets comparable to SKA's. Then it will be fun!

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
there's a reason, why no smart team and no smart nation would not want to join this league. Just from the roster that ska has one can have 2 very solid team in the KHL, forget the ceiling that was broken years ago, forget the competition...

vorky says - KHL is meant to compete with the NHL, do you see people cheating and getting away with it in the NHL? - I don't

I hope ska will always loose in the play offs, this is disgusting. And yeah - there's Anzhi for every Zenit, Denisov waives hello))))

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad