Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Tomas Hertl re-signed (2 years, $3M AAV)

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
haha im a west coast guy and watch a lot of Sharks games. Im not saying I don't like the guy, im just saying he has never really impressed me... but 2 year 6 mill is about right. Had to go bridge with him

If you've watched him as much as you say you have and you're still coming to that conclusion, I don't know what to tell you

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
They signed him to a bridge instead of long-term partly so that they have enough cap space to make another cup run the next couple years I'd guess.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
He misunderstood the post. If Hertl got $6M per year for two RFA years, that would have been a ridiculously expensive bridge deal (whether or not Hertl as a UFA could have gotten something comparable).

That said, 2 years @ $3M is a very fair contract for San Jose, and they'll be clearing cap to cover any increase later.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Man Hertl has been great, I don't know what your problem is with him, but the kid plays a game a lot of teams want.

geeze its not like I have a problem with him haha.. I said its a good deal and I understand the money he is getting but all I said he hasn't really impressed me too much yet and im still on the fence..... but I still think him and Couture are the future of the Sharks

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
In two years they'll have the cap space to go long term.

Which is exactly why I love this deal. They pay him less than what he deserves right now so that they can take another shot at the cup run, but they'll likely end up paying him big next contract. Their situation in 2 years will be much different and they'll probably have lot's of cap space, making this deal a no-brainer.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Terrific young player. Good bridge deal, but he's just going to get better and better and that next contract is going to be expensive. They'll have more cap-room next time up though, so a bridge deal right now definitely makes sense.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
That's $3m/yr, first of all... I invite you to watch a Sharks game and then call Hertl 'overrated'. He's criminally underrated on these boards, to everyone but those who actually watch him.

Next time read the content properly before asserting something toxic.

Yes, as a pens fan, he was the best player for the sharks in the finals along with donskoi. Anyone who calls hertl overrated clearly never watched him play.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Wow, that's cheap. Smart move by SJ, will have plenty of cap space to extend him long-term when the deal is up.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
haha im a west coast guy and watch a lot of Sharks games. Im not saying I don't like the guy, im just saying he has never really impressed me... but 2 year 6 mill is about right. Had to go bridge with him

He's a possession driver and a first line forward.

Here, take a look at this graph, it'll make you look silly. He's #48.

CmFcnBdUoAAGU_q

He's also top4 in Pts/60 on the Sharks.

He also uses his "big ass" to create space for the Joes: http://www.fearthefin.com/2016/2/16/11030464/tomas-hertl-uses-his-big-ass-to-enter-offensive-zone

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00