Confirmed with Link: [SJS/NSH] Sharks acquire Scott Hannan for a 7th (Could turn into 6th)

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
If (big if) Todd decides to play Hannan when everyone's healthy, then it will probably be Braun that sits. Demers seemed to solidify his spot in the lineup just before Murray was traded, as Braun was the one who was scratched. I don't want Braun or Demers sitting for Hannan under any circumstances, but Braun would be the lesser of two evils.

osgoodshlatters

Apr 30, 2007
San Jose
If (big if) Todd decides to play Hannan when everyone's healthy, then it will probably be Braun that sits. Demers seemed to solidify his spot in the lineup just before Murray was traded, as Braun was the one who was scratched. I don't want Braun or Demers sitting for Hannan under any circumstances, but Braun would be the lesser of two evils.

I would bench Irwin way before i would bench Braun. Irwin has been a turnover machine lately and having a lot of trouble making the first pass out of the zone when the other team has a strong forecheck going.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I would bench Irwin way before i would bench Braun. Irwin has been a turnover machine lately and having a lot of trouble making the first pass out of the zone when the other team has a strong forecheck going.

I agree. I don't want Hannan in, but I'd say Irwin before Braun. Irwin hasn't necessarily been bad, but he hasn't been good. His breakouts have been really poor these last few games. He's either been giving it away, or he's been completely handcuffing the forwards.
I could see the coaches keeping Irwin in instead of Braun though just because he's left-handed (though Braun could play LD).

I also could totally see TMac using a Stuart - Hannan pair. :shakehead

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley

I agree. I've seen the same issues. I am excited by how well he's played, but he definitely needs some seasoning.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Is Mark Smith coming back too?

rc50.jpg

See the 3 amigos need a reunion.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Hannan's problem is he doesn't have the hockey IQ for it. He was successful by obstruction which is basically banned in the NHL now. His positioning is fairly sound, but he is not particularly good at predicting a players next move (like Vlasic is brilliant at). He's a poor skater, and fairly small. He just lacks the tools. I don't think Robinson is going to have much of an impact on him at this point aside from sheltering him.

Hannan might be marginally more effective in the playoffs ironically where obstruction is less penalized. However, hopefully he never see's a game in the playoffs anyway, so I just don't see the point of acquiring him.

The best we can hope for imo is that he retires after this season in teal. Even then, I'm hesitant about that as he chose to leave and made a point of jumping ship as fast as he could. I like to see the guys we draft and develop, like Clowe, retire in Teal if possible, but Hannan not so much. Don't dislike the guy, I just don't really care.

Did draft Hannan, did develop Hannan. Huge part of the earlier Sharks. I think it would be great to see him retire in teal.

He left because of Ron Wilson, not because of the Sharks or SJ.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Did draft Hannan, did develop Hannan. Huge part of the earlier Sharks. I think it would be great to see him retire in teal.

He still left, and did so happily. I don't have anything against the guy, I just don't hold much reverence for him at this point.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

Plus he got a big contract from the Avs. It was the right decision to not re-sign him.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
dont pay much attention to hannon. though i hope irwins offensive output wasnt a flash in the pan. its dropped off significantly. hes also taking less shots. possible opposing coaching adjustments?

JodyShelleysNo1Fan

Feb 22, 2007
Not feeling Hannan at all. He is basically a Murray when the puck is on his stick and he better not be getting ice time at the expense of Braun/Demers/Irwin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad