Confirmed with Link: [SJS/NSH] Sharks acquire Scott Hannan for a 7th (Could turn into 6th)

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
7th rounder? Not much of a loss. Thought there was some weakness on defense, but don't know if Hannan addresses this.

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded trading Murray for Hannan...

Last edited:

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Hopefully its a 7th in 2020.

If Hannan ever see's the ice in San Jose we lose a 6th round pick for nothing. If he doesn't see the ice we lose a 7th round pick for nothing.

It's just a 6/7th, but its still basically throwing it in the garbage.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012

If Hannan ever see's the ice in San Jose we lose a 6th round pick for nothing. If he doesn't see the ice we lose a 7th round pick for nothing.

It's a 6th if he plays in the playoffs a 7th if he doesn't play in the playoffs. Why are you so upset about trading a 7th for a depth Dman?

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
it's a 6th if he plays in the playoffs a 7th if he doesn't play in the playoffs. Why are you so upset about trading a 7th for a depth dman?

PROSPECTS!!! HUR HUR HUR HUR! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Personally, what I would mind more is the quality of d-man. If the Sharks acquired someone like Filip Kuba (off the top of my head), someone who is a clear upgrade over Tennysone and would easily justify being the #5-6 guy all on his own, I wouldn't have minded paying even a 4th or 5th for him.

A player like Hannan shouldn't be seeing any ice time. Petrecki would probably be better than him.

DuckEatinShark

GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose

I think the condition is only in the playoffs. So he can get reactivated and play in the regular season and still only pay a 7th.

It's no big loss either way anyways. If he's a serviceable defenseman in the playoffs (a la Lukowich), a 6th is fine.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
It's a 6th if he plays in the playoffs a 7th if he doesn't play in the playoffs. Why are you so upset about trading a 7th for a depth Dman?

I'm not upset, I just am not hearing any reasoning from anybody on why this is a good thing. Sure it wasn't a terribly costly stupid move, but it is a stupid move.

I think people here are having romantic notions about getting the band back together. Hannan was terrible 3 years ago, he's gotten significantly worse since then. He's much worse than Murray, statistically. I would literally rather ice Petrecki, Tennyson, anyone because at least, even if they suck, they are probably improving. Hannan is only getting worse.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Stuart...Hannan...So basically DW's last ditch effort to save his job is to put back together the 03-04 squad?? :sarcasm:

What's next? Korky finally comes back from Russia? :laugh:

Requin

Lurkedylurk
Jan 10, 2007
San Luis Obispo
Guys I am the happiest of the happys right now. You don't even know. I'm freaking out. :vhappy:

Okay so I might possibly admit that maybe he is not very good and stuff. But dude, my favorite Shark ever just came home. Best 1-day-late birthday present ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad