Proposal: (SJS) Meier, 4th round pick '23 to (TOR) for Knies, 1st round pick '24, 2nd in '25, and Kerfoot.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Has any GM said they would draft Knies in the first round with their pick?
So...... Where's this ranking or quote of Bob McKenzie? or are you just speaking for him because if that's the case it's pretty tough to take you seriously

and when the hell have any GMs said they would take other teams prospects with their 1st if they could go back? any examples? This even a question that GM's get? Why would any other GM be asked if they would use a 1st on Knies?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Every fanbase has fans that overrate their players/prospects. Regardless, you shouldn't let a random trade proposal thread bother you and 'sicken' you so much. It means absolutely nothing.

You think some Leafs fans are arrogant, but all you're doing in here is whining and trashing people's opinions and ideas with a complete holier than thou attitude.
I’m not trashing anyone. I reply to the same nonsense when people say Knies is seen as a better prospect than Holtz because it’s simply not true.
But yes , I shoukd t worry about it because I knkw the source of where that opinion is coming from amd that in the end it doesn’t matter because it’s a moot point . Leafs can’t touch a Meier deal with that package

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I’m not trashing anyone. I reply to the same nonsense when people say Knies is seen as a better prospect than Holtz because it’s simply not true.
Why is Knies being compared to Holtz anyways? just because NJ is in on Meier too? I guess it comes down to who SJ values more and who can put together a better overall package. I dunno why you get into pissing matches between biased fans

Edit* not sure why I said that I get into pissing matches with biased fans all the time

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
So...... Where's this ranking or quote of Bob McKenzie? or are you just speaking for him because if that's the case it's pretty tough to take you seriously

and when the hell have any GMs said they would take other teams prospects with their 1st if they could go back? any examples? This even a question that GM's get? Why would any other GM be asked if they would use a 1st on Knies?

Read my post a few posts back... was a consensus 1st round pick in a re-draft from a SN article.

Pronman also said he is the #42 prospect (of all drafted prospects) in his opinion as of this week.

He was #59 (of all drafted prospects) at the start of the season by Daily Faceoff.

#26 (of all drafted prospects) by The Hockey Writers a month ago.

But definitely not a first in a re-draft.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Read my post a few posts back... was a consensus 1st round pick in a re-draft from a SN article.

Pronman also said he is the #42 prospect (of all drafted prospects) in his opinion as of this week.

He was #59 (of all drafted prospects) at the start of the season by Daily Faceoff.

#26 (of all drafted prospects) by The Hockey Writers a month ago.

But definitely not a first in a re-draft.
was this meant for me?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Was just pointing out that he is definitely a 1st rounder in a re-draft and there are a lot of rankings to back it up since I doubt the person you were responding to will come back.
he wont because he was just making up what he was saying. has zero to back up what he was saying. I'm not really surprised, if you go to almost any Leafs related thread outside the Leafs board you will see GirardSpinorama doing his thing

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Not sure who the consensus is, but here

Pronman had Knies at 15 in a re-draft.
Hockey media is motivated to hype up prospects of a large fan base in order to get views and clicks.

• Haha
Reactions: notbias

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Say bu-bye to Meier Leaf fans . Or let me guess . They are adding RoR and Meier ….
1st , 2nd and a 3rd for RoR …

Last edited:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Then you have really nothing lol. Hockey media/internet rankings isn't what GMs look at to value prospects. Find me something that NHL GMs/scouts states that Knies is a first round pick or anywhere near Holtz.

How do you not know of Bob Mckenzie's annual draft rankings that consolidates info from actual NHL scouts? Owen Power leads first ranking of 2021 draft prospects compiled by TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie - TSN.ca

He doesn't do one for drafted prospects though. But to not even know of Bob Mckenzie's draft rankings lol.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Lol here's your post.

Cool.Again,too bad SJ wouldn’t .Kinda makes trading hard.
OP is also a 2024 1st. That package is shit compared to others.
And why trade your best prospect on a rental?
Let me guess what straw you will grasp at … You can flip him in the off-season and get assets back…Im sure every team will offer good value knowing you have to move him….
Or even more funny , say that the Leafs will extend him ….Show me a cap compliant roster that does not have at least 5 rookies and or league minimum scrubs / ELC that looks like half a AHL roster.
Or “just” need to move Nylander (ya because that makes the Leafs much better ) or Brodie plus Murray …because lots of teams are dying to land an always injured overpriced goalie .
- SJ won't do it because I say so
- Leafs package is shit
- Why would the Leafs even do it?
- You're just grasping at straws
- Leafs fans are funny
- Leafs team would suck
- Leafs players are overpriced and bad

I don't know man, that entire post was just you trashing someone for having an opinion.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Lock up the thread. Many of Toronto's assets have been spent. I can't imagine Toronto trades their 2023 and 2024 in one trade deadline.

Good night

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Then you have really nothing lol. Hockey media/internet rankings isn't what GMs look at to value prospects. Find me something that NHL GMs/scouts states that Knies is a first round pick or anywhere near Holtz.

How do you not know of Bob Mckenzie's annual draft rankings that consolidates info from actual NHL scouts? Owen Power leads first ranking of 2021 draft prospects compiled by TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie - TSN.ca

He doesn't do one for drafted prospects though. But to not even know of Bob Mckenzie's draft rankings lol.
wtf does Holtz have to do with Knies? just because NJ is in on him too? okay cool Holtz has more value then Knies but is this a 1-1? no it wont be 1-1 so what does it matter? what matters is who can put together a better overall package. can other teams beat Toronto, sure why not but it all comes down to what SJ values most

LMFAO that article is from December 15 2020 do better, it's February 18th 2023.... get with the times

Show me an example of other teams GMs speaking about other teams prospects and if they would have selected them in the 1st round or not. you cant because it doesnt happen.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
This was never realistic. A few teams can afford to keep Meier past being a rental so how would the Leafs offer even be in the same ballpark?

bEcAuSe FiAlA wAs FlIpPeD fOr PiCkS.

Pipe dream, always was.

Reactions: themelkman

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
The Leafs don't really need saving from bad contracts but a rising cap would allow them to have breathing room in the future. The shedding of names like Kerfoot, Muzzin, Brodie in the next 1-2 years already allows them some room but the cap will help as well. A lot of people forget that a lot of the big contracts signed pre-covid were inked because the league knew a new TV deal was coming that would jump start the cap in a big way before covid ended up changing the economics of the game for a calender year+.
Yup, you dont get it.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Which pipelines are worse?
There's tons of undrafted players stagnating at ppg in college hockey (even without Cooley and Snuggerud). At least 90% of them are never even gonna play an NHL game. For examply another Matthew, my rather underwhelming countryman Matthew Verboon. Now what does Knies separate from all the other college guys with stagnating scoring? Again, to have any sort of value, Knies not only has to play an NHL game at some point (which again is more than most stagnating college ppg guys achieve) but be a difference maker at NHL level. At the moment that projection doesn't seem overly realistic. At this point it would be a gamble at best to trade a valuable piece in exchange for a potential bust like Knies. The prospect Grier is gonna get in exchange for Meier is probably an almost sure fire NHLer with high upside.

Since you mention Verboon I just saw where he is scoring at a point per game pace as a senior for Colgate and has made a lot of progress since his first two nondescript seasons with the Raiders.

Is there something to see in terms of his career trajectory or is he more likely headed back to Europe following hos college career?

As for Knies, an NHL scout friend who watched the Gophers last weekend feels his game is NHL-ready now.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Since you mention Verboon I just saw where he is scoring at a point per game pace as a senior for Colgate and has made a lot of progress since his first two nondescript seasons with the Raiders.

Is there something to see in terms of his career trajectory or is he more likely headed back to Europe following hos college career?

As for Knies, an NHL scout friend who watched the Gophers last weekend feels his game is NHL-ready now.
Nothing to see with Verboon. The same probably goes for Knies. PPG in college playing with Cooley doesn't scream NHL ready unless we're talking about a goon. But hey, maybe he's Beniers 2.0 who also had a rather lackluster college career.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Nothing to see with Verboon. The same probably goes for Knies. PPG in college playing with Cooley doesn't scream NHL ready unless we're talking about a goon. But hey, maybe he's Beniers 2.0 who also had a rather lackluster college career.

HUGE difference between Knies and Verboon.

Knies is a 20-year-old playing in one of the top two college hockey leagues in the country - and has dominated since he's stepped on campus. He was taken in the 2nd round of the NHL Draft; after dominating in the USHL for two seasons and TWICE being selected to the USA U20 team.

Verboon is having a nice season as a senior after a mediocre college career, playing in one of the weaker leagues in college hockey and turns 23 tomorrow.

Similarly, calling Beniers' college career "lackluster" shows a lack of understanding when it comes to college hockey. In two seasons he was one of his team's leading scorers on a Wolverines team that reached the Frozen Four. He was +50! Oh, and was also one of the youngest players on a gold medal World Junior team.

If Knies is Beniers he's quite a player.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2009
I love these threads; sure you get some of the less than astute Leaf fans, but more interestingly you get to see the bottom's of the barrel's of the rest of teams Fanbases as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad