Confirmed with Link: [SJS/COL] Dubnyk for Pateryn and a 5th

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Anyone know how much cap space that adds? I know it won't be much, but more room to take on a bad contract as the 3rd team in a trade is a bonus of moving Dub.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The team announced this officially on social media which makes me think they're not planning on immediately flipping Pateryn. (Remember, they didn't announce Hoffman until they completed the second deal.)

If they don't plan on immediately flipping Pateryn, and instead acquired him with the hopes of playing him, that leads me to believe Vlasic's injury is a bit more serious than they previously thought.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Should point out that taxi squad requirements say that we have to have one goaltender there. So Melnichuk has just been recalled to the taxi squad, because we have no other goalies under NHL contract.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Should point out that taxi squad requirements say that we have to have one goaltender there. So Melnichuk has just been recalled to the taxi squad, because we have no other goalies under NHL contract.
You think sawchenko or harvey gets signed to an NHL contract so they don't have to leave Melnichuk on the taxi squad?

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
If this team actually wants to compete this year, having two back-ups with zero nhl experience behind a very volatile Jones isn’t the way to do it. Pick a direction.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I'm surprised an nhl team team traded for dubnyk. He looked worse than jones.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I'll take it. So The sharks turned their own 2022 5th into Minn's 2022 7th and a 2021 5th along with Greg Pateryn. Draft picks are always good, maybe they can move Pateryn for a pick as well.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
If this team actually wants to compete this year, having two back-ups with zero nhl experience behind a very volatile Jones isn’t the way to do it. Pick a direction.

They have, the picked the refresh with the ability to still push for the playoffs.

The 0 nhl experience thing means nothing, lots of playoff contenders go into seasons with backups and some times starters that have barely any nhl experience.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This suggests that they aren’t sold on Jaros or Claesson if Vlasic has to be out awhile.

Or it could just be a contract to counter Dubnyk’s

Time will tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad