Post-Game Talk: Sixty Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Thought we’d tie it up after that Laf goal but I liked the fight. Winnipeg is solid and Hellebuyck made some very nice saves.
Me too, Winnipeg announcers kept saying if the Rangers got within one, it would be an amazing finish by 2 great teams. He got his wish, we almost got ours. Wouldn't that have been amazing?

Reactions: BleedBlueNYR

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I don't care we lost. Hellebuyck is a wall. I care we didn't crash the net when we're getting goalied, it seems like we fall pray to this sometimes.

I really really am bothered by Zibs but that's nothing new. It's rekindled and exacerbated with every loss though.

It was an even game. They finished more than we did. We've had some tough puck luck

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
we lose when opposing teams 1C shits all over our 1C in terms of production

we also easily score 2-3 more goals against a non-walrus goalie

Panarin Tro Laffy
Kreider Wennberg Ros
Cuylle Zibs Kakko
Vesey Goodrow Rempe

KAM Fox
Gus Schneids
Jones RooweedleI
I hate to say it, but Zibby does need to be put on the third line, temporarily of course. Maybe that'll wake him up. Nothing is a given. And it seems like he's kind of taking for granted his seniority and thinking his offensive prowess is better than anybody else's. I love my Zibby but man, he needs to wake the hell up.
On a positive note, wouldn't that be some shutdown third line.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Not really upset with the results. Jets just don’t give up a lot of goals, and have a Goalie playing in god mode. Shesty had little to no room for error. Even giving up 2 goals would have been a challenge. Move on to the next game..
I don't want to take anything away from Hellebuck, but other teams have figured him out. Otherwise he would be undefeated and with a 1.00 gaa.
What is inexplicable to me is how Rempe wasn't in the lineup. That is exactly the type of player you need in a game with a goalie like this. He's not God's gift to the NHL but he definitely could have made a difference.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah. That’s my issue with even-strength Kreider too, sort of. I want him digging around the net more, aggravating the goalie. Hitting too, would be nice. But I don’t think it’s in his nature. People say he changed his game following the Carey Price thing, but did he? Really? Was he ever a particularly aggressive player? I think he was probably a bit more straight-line when he came up. But his game evolved.
He got called a lot early in his career for normal aggressive play.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
i see alot of hate on zibs, and yes he has bad.....but that entire loss in on krieders stick

the terrible play for the 3rd goal against, the 4th goal against was also because he shit the bed

Reactions: skipmowerman

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I don't care we lost. Hellebuyck is a wall. I care we didn't crash the net when we're getting goalied, it seems like we fall pray to this sometimes.

I really really am bothered by Zibs but that's nothing new. It's rekindled and exacerbated with every loss though.

It was an even game. They finished more than we did. We've had some tough puck luck

I missed the game but this may be a good thing for the team to learn in general. I get leaving the lines the same but perhaps against certain teams, injecting Rempe and Edstrom on the 4th line whose sole job is exactly this would be worthwhile.

How was The Chad?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I missed the game but this may be a good thing for the team to learn in general. I get leaving the lines the same but perhaps against certain teams, injecting Rempe and Edstrom on the 4th line whose sole job is exactly this would be worthwhile.

How was The Chad?
He was good. Solid defensively and not total dog ass with the puck

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I have issues with how Kreider plays in the offensive zone five-on-five. That said, he’s fine. He and Mika cover a ton of ground in the NZ and basically smother their opposite numbers. They’re a true shutdown line. In the O-zone they do some weird things but the hate they both get seems misplaced to me.
I'm not about the hate, but I AM about the disappointment, more in Mika than Kreids. In any case we aren't paying them 15mil a year to be 2/3 of a shutdown line. They NEED to score 5v5 to earn their keep. Cuylle/Wenn/Kakko can be the shutdown line. Combined they probably make less than Kreider.

Reactions: mas0764

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
This sucked btw.

Hit the 3 other legs of my 4 team parlay. The boys cost me. Should be up +700 on the week.

Me if I run into Mark Scheifele:

ace-ventura-fight.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
What would happen if Kreider did go out of his way to be way more physical?

Would we score 59% of the goals when he's on the ice instead of 58% of the goals?
That's a nice stat but a line that scores 5 goals all year and only gives up 2 has the same stat... they are being paid to do more scoring than they are doing, especially at 5v5. For me, it's far more Zibs that is the problem. Chris has his ups and downs but he generally contributes and doesn't need to be a wrecking ball to do it. Though a big hit now and then is great for the team as a whole and he is certainly capable of it, so it can frustrating that he seems "not to bother."

Rangers fans in 2011: "Kreider should become a 30-30 guy."

Kreider: *does that*

Rangers fans in 2024: "I hate this somehow."
Well, he kind of DID take 13 years to get there... hahahaha. Still, I'll take it.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
btw i'm not mad about how they played, they played with a good pace, had some good chances which they fumbled.

I'm more annoyed at the continued performance of certain players which spells doom for us in our cup hopes.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Atax

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I hate to say it, but Zibby does need to be put on the third line, temporarily of course. Maybe that'll wake him up. Nothing is a given. And it seems like he's kind of taking for granted his seniority and thinking his offensive prowess is better than anybody else's. I love my Zibby but man, he needs to wake the hell up.
On a positive note, wouldn't that be some shutdown third line.

Why do you believe he's taking it for granted? I think he's more likely being eaten up inside by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad