Sitwell Enterprises II, Teams Open!

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
We could create a thread here for the draft. When it's your turn you just post who you want to draft. People just need to be really active on the forum for a couple of days/nights and it should get done 10 rounds no problem.

I think the problem there though is that if you have one person who can't be on the forums for a day, then the whole league is waiting a day for one selection. I think the priority list is the best way to go.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
We could create a thread here for the draft. When it's your turn you just post who you want to draft. People just need to be really active on the forum for a couple of days/nights and it should get done 10 rounds no problem.

Actually that gives me an idea.

We set the draft at a time when most people can get online. If someone cannot get online at that time, or all of that time, they will send me a list of their draft priority, that way I quickly look through and pick their top player for each round. That way we have less spreadsheet work to deal with and it potentially gets done faster.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Whats wrong with having 29 GMs submit their draft priorities to the commish via PM? Hell, we can take it slow and do 1 round per day for the first 5 rounds or so. There's no rush to this league.

Especially something that would require as much detail and coordination, there's no reason to rush it.

xVx Santillo

Oct 31, 2012
Guys what do u think if we can use yahoo or Tsn live draft would work for this? Think it can do a 30 league fantasy draft online that would make it SO much easier and more fun

The best part is though we find a date and time the most can be on and the ones that can't can pre-rank their players...saves loads of work, it's clean to keep track of and really easy and not complicated at all..it can be like our data base for the draft

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Whats wrong with having 29 GMs submit their draft priorities to the commish via PM? Hell, we can take it slow and do 1 round per day for the first 5 rounds or so. There's no rush to this league.

Especially something that would require as much detail and coordination, there's no reason to rush it.

One Round per day probably wouldn't be too bad. Or do each round as quickly as people are able to submit their players in the thread. May not even have to do draft priority at all if we choose to take it slowly.

HaroldDruken

XBOX ONE
Sep 14, 2012
Actually that gives me an idea.

We set the draft at a time when most people can get online. If someone cannot get online at that time, or all of that time, they will send me a list of their draft priority, that way I quickly look through and pick their top player for each round. That way we have less spreadsheet work to deal with and it potentially gets done faster.

I like this idea as well.

Stockey

Let's Go Buffalo!
Dec 1, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I dont really like the draft priorities because drafts and strategies change on the fly!

1 round a day, "live draft" if anyone wont be on hf for some reason throughout the day THEN they can give commish their priorities.....

(im opposed to EVERYONE giving priorities and just "auto drafting", id like there to be some sort of order, it would be more fun)

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Okay, so it seems like this is agreed upon.

1. One round per day
2. Draft is live during the day, otherwise an inactive GM will have their draft priority sent for that round
3. Each new round will feature a new set of draft priorities
4. Draft will take approximately 10 days, then the league will finally begin.
5. First advance would be two weeks after the beginning of the draft.

Not set in stone, but this seems like what people would most want.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
^^^^^^
Fine with me. I suggest getting as many trades in per day as possible. Not sure the game can handle processing 300 trades in one advance.

I think we should just leave prospects out of the draft to be honest. It would only make things more complicated.

And just to be sure, we're using our Sitwell teams with NON-random rosters right?

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
^^^^^^
Fine with me. I suggest getting as many trades in per day as possible. Not sure the game can handle processing 300 trades in one advance.

I think we should just leave prospects out of the draft to be honest. It would only make things more complicated.

And just to be sure, we're using our Sitwell teams with NON-random rosters right?

I would prefer keeping our previous teams, but I suppose if enough people want to switch then we can do that again.

And no way should we do random rosters. I think having the general identity of the team intact but with different stars is the way to go.

xVx Santillo

Oct 31, 2012
I would prefer keeping our previous teams, but I suppose if enough people want to switch then we can do that again.

And no way should we do random rosters. I think having the general identity of the team intact but with different stars is the way to go.

I want MTL jerseys! lol i call dibs on them! if we switch

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
I'm ok one way or the other, but I feel like people should be able to draft whoever they want with their 10 picks. If someone wants to take youth a couple years away in lieu of taking an established player, then that's their choice.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Anyone think it is a good idea for people to start getting their draft priority ready?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Ill be making a thread for the "Bluth Fantasy Draft League" (Title pending) in about 3 hours. As soon as I'm done with my chem test

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad