Sitwell Enterprises II, Teams Open!

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
As much as this would be cool, how would the rosters be implemented once the draft is done

Trading. The only way it could be feasible is if GMs made a list of the players from each team they picked so they can facilitate trades between each other.

Let's say I'm Detroit.

NJD: Brodeur, Elias
PHI: Briere, Coburn, Hartnell
WPG: Kane, Byfuglien

And on and on. Then I would look up each of those teams posts, see if they have any Detroit players, and make the swap. That would mean a possible 30 trades for a single team.

This could only work with 30 incredibly active GMs.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
We COULD do it where every gm picks 2/3 players from their team that can NOT be drafted. Make things a little easier

Stockey

Let's Go Buffalo!
Dec 1, 2011
Buffalo, NY
We COULD do it where every gm picks 2/3 players from their team that can NOT be drafted. Make things a little easier

No that still a lot of players that need to be drafted and traded. Maybe we only have 10 rounds. Make the game random rosters. So we have the players we drafted and players we "auto picked"

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
No that still a lot of players that need to be drafted and traded. Maybe we only have 10 rounds. Make the game random rosters. So we have the players we drafted and players we "auto picked"

I actually kind of like the idea of 10 rounds or so. And I think every player should be available. The whole fun of a fantasy draft is the possibility of getting star players you want but ordinarily couldn't get unless you're actually that team. Maybe have a 10 round draft, trade players as needed in the game, and the other 10-13 roster spots are just the depth players on the team you choose.

xVx Santillo

Oct 31, 2012
I actually kind of like the idea of 10 rounds or so. And I think every player should be available. The whole fun of a fantasy draft is the possibility of getting star players you want but ordinarily couldn't get unless you're actually that team. Maybe have a 10 round draft, trade players as needed in the game, and the other 10-13 roster spots are just the depth players on the team you choose.

If we're on same page here is we pick our teams, save 3-5 players on that team that cant be drafted than draft the remaining players for the team (keep wtv left overs on team) that be a GREAT idea

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
If we're on same page here is we pick our teams, save 3-5 players on that team that cant be drafted than draft the remaining players for the team (keep wtv left overs on team) that be a GREAT idea

I was kinda going with the opposite. I think everyone should be available: stars, depth players, minor leaguers, etc. But make it only 10 rounds (or 5 or 7 or whatever you want). It gives people the excitement of getting different star players on their team, or if you're Columbus or Florida or teams like that, you get a star player on your team in general. But once those drafted rounds are done, your teams is what you have. I think if you draft a full roster, it creates a lot of unnecessary time and effort. It doesn't make a big deal if you have Bryan Bickell or Benoit Pouliot as your 4th line LW.

Say for example I choose the Hawks as my team. I get the 1st overall pick, so I can choose Crosby, but I can also fully expect to lose Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, all those guys. Then my next pick would be 60th overall. I think this would balance the league out from the start, especially since EA's random rosters are horrible at creating balance.

Stockey

Let's Go Buffalo!
Dec 1, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I was kinda going with the opposite. I think everyone should be available: stars, depth players, minor leaguers, etc. But make it only 10 rounds (or 5 or 7 or whatever you want). It gives people the excitement of getting different star players on their team, or if you're Columbus or Florida or teams like that, you get a star player on your team in general. But once those drafted rounds are done, your teams is what you have. I think if you draft a full roster, it creates a lot of unnecessary time and effort. It doesn't make a big deal if you have Bryan Bickell or Benoit Pouliot as your 4th line LW.

Say for example I choose the Hawks as my team. I get the 1st overall pick, so I can choose Crosby, but I can also fully expect to lose Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, all those guys. Then my next pick would be 60th overall. I think this would balance the league out from the start, especially since EA's random rosters are horrible at creating balance.

Yepp

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Dibs on Chicago : )

How are seeds going to be randomly generated?

Honestly some sort of random list generator might be the most fair route. Everyone picks their team, then the order is randomized, then go from there. A tournament would be kind of long and tedious, especially to determine every draft position. You can't go reverse Bluth standings if there are non-Bluth gms. So maybe total randomization might be best.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Something I just did as a test to see if it works is I went to random.org/lists, typed in all 30 teams, then hit randomize, and just like that we have a random draft order. If that's the route we decide to take, it's literally a 10 second process once you have the teams typed in.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Lets do random teams too. We'll do a random generator on that too......

I'd rather pick my team. Granted teams aren't very important since the roster will be overturned, but I would pick a team I want based off jerseys, goal horn, and not being the Red Wings.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
If this league goes the 'draft your team' route I'd be interested, sorry to flake this way, but a fantasy draft league interests me. Dibs on the Canes (Whalers jersey every single game)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
In Summary (So Far):

-Fantasy Draft
-10 Rounds
-Random Draft order
-NON-Random Team Selection

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I am of the opinion we shouldn't start switching teams again. Just stick with the team you originally picked.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
This isn't Sitwell. The league rules will be completely different. Lets just pick new teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad