SITE MIGRATION NOTICE (please read) & other related talk about format

Has the new layout of HFBoards resulted in you visiting less?

• Yes

Votes: 154 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 127 45.2%

• Total voters

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Boys, I mean there is like 75 million posts on here, they gotta keep the lights on. It's a free forum to join and participate in, but there's costs involved that aren't tiny because it's so big. What is supposed to happen, the spirit of Buffaloed and Fugu monetize the costs through divine intervention?

I know it's annoying but give me the business case for bothering to keep it running otherwise.

The answer is a ton of sponsors, which seems to be an annoying answer too, but it's gotta at least break even. If the ads are, and presumably they are, the answer to use it or lose it, then what?

I guess they could be less intrusive is what people are going for right? I don't actually know, I don't get them, a golden parachute gift from mod days. I don't think HF as an entity has a lot of control over that. If our admins could nuke it tomorrow they would, but it's higher up then that.

I don't know the answer.. I just know that crapping on the folks involved here on like a day to day level is unfair. That I know 100%. They are all just hockey fans that love HF too.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
8B5556A1-B6BC-40B9-9227-AD8A1B5F10C3.png

The stupid black box doesn’t play videos.

It feels like trolling. Like I’m threatened with annoying videos but they never play.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Did these witches really pull this off?!?
I'm on brave, anyone getting this shit that uses brave?!
Screenshot_20240105-191150.png

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
1710533950386.png

google search like this probably works better than the default xenforo search.

Does anyone know if the xenforo search is down from the recent cloud downtime ?

while on the topic, site owners should complain to xenforo cloud that no message was presented when going to hfboards.com

how simple would a index.html file with a "we are backing up the server" message.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
View attachment 836567

google search like this probably works better than the default xenforo search.

Does anyone know if the xenforo search is down from the recent cloud downtime ?

while on the topic, site owners should complain to xenforo cloud that no message was presented when going to hfboards.com

how simple would a index.html file with a "we are backing up the server" message.
The search function does not appear to be working properly. My only successful search query was 'xenforo' and this post was the only result. I assume results pre-update are unavailable.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
So are the owners of the site just pocketing the money from their site breaking ads and not bothering to maintain their servers or something? lmao this place is falling apart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad