SITE MIGRATION NOTICE (please read) & other related talk about format

Has the new layout of HFBoards resulted in you visiting less?

• Yes

Votes: 154 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 127 45.2%

• Total voters

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
So weird that HFboards cant host their website themselves.

1D8C04D2-1493-4C68-A92E-58E6EB6A5D7F.jpeg

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Nobody hosts their own message board. I mean, you don't code them from the ground up and launch a domain hosting service, you license a product to use. They're just upgrading the service to the latest version.

Reactions: uncleben and OddyOh

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Nobody hosts their own message board. I mean, you don't code them from the ground up and launch a domain hosting service, you license a product to use. They're just upgrading the service to the latest version.
HFboards hosts their own xenforo … and are now moving to Xenforo cloud.

I’m also pretty sure their theme was made by a banned xenforo member.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Xenforo 2.3 dropped Thursday on xenforo dot com

I’d wait a few weeks to migrate to xenforo cloud …

But there should be massive improvements with hosting speed

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
My favorite response to the way the admins nuke their own site for a couple extra ad dollars is telling people to stop complaining and just pay to be a sponsor. Like f***ing hell I am going to put any of my own money into a site that is so openly anti user to the point it makes itself unusable. I am going to go out and find my own free ways of fixing your website seeing as they can't do it themselves. Maybe the add dollars from that crockpot will buy them another bot mod to censor speech on here even more!

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Im sorry I'm a different fanbase but I've been needing to crap on these nonsense ads with someone. The full pagers are great, so I put my ad-blocker back on. It works most of the time, but struggles with the banner ads. The last 2-3 weeks I'll randomly click a hyperlink to move forums and magically open a new tab for some ad that I ghost-clicked. There has to be some form of ad being used here that the blocker is able to mostly stop, but then there is an invisible shell hanging over (at least part) of my screen that I end up clicking. Its almost always the root hyperlinks so I imagine it's some type of superimposed ad that displays on the left-hand side of the screen.

I've now resorted to idealing over the hyperlink and then inspecting the webpage to see if it's going to open some random temu ad, or if it's actually going to send me back to the main page.

Does this happen to anyone else?

stanleyorbust

Nov 29, 2009
Hfboards is so unusable with spam pop ups I barely use it anymore. What a sure way to kill your business.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad