SITE MIGRATION NOTICE (please read) & other related talk about format

Has the new layout of HFBoards resulted in you visiting less?

• Yes

Votes: 154 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 127 45.2%

• Total voters

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
This style has lots of responsive failures. Exhibit A:

1711390896897.png

See the red message way off screen ?

HFboards needs a proper style.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
The problem of the focus jumping after you click a notification seems resolved (it was due to ads being inserted).

The reloading while typing is very frustrating.

This happens constantly on mobile, and is absolutely brutal. I lose easily half the comments I try to post. It’s making the site borderline unusable.

I’m a software developer myself, and this is probably the worst bug I’ve seen go unfixed on a popular site for so long.

The reloading is still an issue.

Site doing fine with mobile chrome full ads.
Speed is still good.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Has been slower of late. Initially, I thought it was the storm in Atlantic Canada but then I checked other sites, nope just over here.
Hopefully, it'll be fixed soon, not very fun atm, especially on game nights.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
https://forums.hfboards.com/threads/site-migration-notice-please-read-other-related-talk-about-format.2391279/

webpagetest . org

1712068570110.png

HFboards will need a new style for Xenforo 3.0
Consider hiring someone who knows what they are doing. The responsive style has multiple failures.

The waterfall is still comedy level.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Is it possible to ask for an experimental playoff Xenforo option for HFBoards/Leafs ?

Essentially it would be a subforum for GOAL analysis (for and against the Leafs). Each goal will be thread. It will include a video and people will discuss what happened on each goal.

The posts in the subforum wouldn't appear in mainboard's What's new. So there would be no impact of the subforum on any other member on the entire site.

These analyzed goals would be an SEO GOLDMINE. It will require ALOT of work by MEMBERS .... but they would be essentially working for free for HFBOARDS. HFBoards should see this as a unique form of Content that will drive traffic here.

WITH NO RISK.

Unique content, no risk. 2/2, WIN/WIN

I can SHOW YOU the Xenforo settings and what it will "look like".

As it is now, if the Leafs subforum makes alot of threads, they overpower the What's new that other members experience. This will help cut down on "Leafs" spam on other non-Leafs members.

EDIT.

2 steps:

1. make a subforum of the Leafs subforum ... call it .. ? Playoff Goals ? (or whatever you want).

2. set the subforum to not be included in What's New?

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> [click the subforum called Playoff Goals] -> Forum Options: Include threads from this forum when users click "What's New?"

source:

Last edited:

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
How it would "look".
My guess.

HFBoards.Leafs.Playoff.Goals.2024.subforum.not.indexed.in.whats.new.png

Of note: You would have to assign moderators / etc to the Playoff Goals subforum.

But there will be ad opportunities there. and it'll be an SEO goldmine ...

Worst case scenario ... it's unpopular and you just "dump" the threads into the Leafs subforum or delete them ... and close the subforum.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
1713541497608.png

I saw someone created the Utah NHL Team subforum, so someone knows how to do it !!!

HFB member perk ideas

- unique reactions: beyond just
1713641357610.png

Xenforo ideas:

- start off with a Playoff Goal Thread - all goals are entered into the thread. The main content goals will be threadmarked.

- Xenforo idea could be that The first post of a Goal thread can be "inserted" as a post in a gameday thread. The goal thread would exist as a thread in the \playoff goals\ subforum. A [Comment] button would direct someone to the goal thread.

Valuable video.
Penalties.
Great chances.
Memorable moments.
great Tweets
popular posts
link to Recap video.
link to NHL.com GameCenter
Complete list of NHL.com Goals and Goal threads.
Pinned thread - Content.

Game Day Thread link
Post Game Thread link

idea - content could be retrieved based on local database.

assigned members and moderators / admins can mark thread data (images, video, URLs, quotes, section of posts) for retrievability.

nhl.com API.

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Is it possible to ask for an experimental playoff Xenforo option for HFBoards/Leafs ?

Essentially it would be a subforum for GOAL analysis (for and against the Leafs). Each goal will be thread. It will include a video and people will discuss what happened on each goal.

The posts in the subforum wouldn't appear in mainboard's What's new. So there would be no impact of the subforum on any other member on the entire site.

These analyzed goals would be an SEO GOLDMINE. It will require ALOT of work by MEMBERS .... but they would be essentially working for free for HFBOARDS. HFBoards should see this as a unique form of Content that will drive traffic here.

WITH NO RISK.

Unique content, no risk. 2/2, WIN/WIN

I can SHOW YOU the Xenforo settings and what it will "look like".

As it is now, if the Leafs subforum makes alot of threads, they overpower the What's new that other members experience. This will help cut down on "Leafs" spam on other non-Leafs members.

EDIT.

2 steps:

1. make a subforum of the Leafs subforum ... call it .. ? Playoff Goals ? (or whatever you want).

2. set the subforum to not be included in What's New?

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> [click the subforum called Playoff Goals] -> Forum Options: Include threads from this forum when users click "What's New?"

source:

Oh I see, remind me again about this on monday I'm about to start a road trip. But if you have a handful of people willing to do this and contribute i'd absolutely consider making the forum for you.

• Love
Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad