Confirmed with Link: Sir Patrick Roy named Isles head coach!

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I will never forget the 86 playoffs against the Rangers...I remember thinking "who the F is this scrawny kid with the white mask"?
That…

And then there’s the guaranteed Cam Neely slapper from the blue line goal playoff after playoff loss vs Bruins

Reactions: Habs and Tyson

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm too young to remember 86 but his best performance that I remember is actually in 94.

It was against Boston in the playoffs at the old garden. He made 60 saves, and muller stole it in overtime.

He got appendicitis in that series though, and the Habs ultimately lost in 7.... but for a moment, it felt like Roy had picked up where he left off in that 93 cup run.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That…

And then there’s the guaranteed Cam Neely slapper from the blue line goal playoff after playoff loss vs Bruins
Ray Bourque also could score at will vs Saint Patrick.................his record vs the Bruins was not pretty, especially in the playoffs.
Unfortunately he had some awful playoff performances, to go with those really good one's....

Wish him luck with the Isles, just not against us......

Reactions: Runner77

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If Roy never got Isles job he been a good fit in LA. His connection to Blakie and Luc. Bergs is there also knows him well. That been interesting! Kings job came up couple weeks after Roy signed on with Islander

Reactions: tazsub3

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
If Roy never got Isles job he been a good fit in LA. His connection to Blakie and Luc. Bergs is there also knows him well. That been interesting! Kings job came up couple weeks after Roy signed on with Islander
The old fox Lou , saw that both ottawa and la are possible targets and I think he acted like earlier than them . He never been shy of letting a coach go late in the season …. Even if that coach was winning :)

Ray Bourque also could score at will vs Saint Patrick.................his record vs the Bruins was not pretty, especially in the playoffs.
Unfortunately he had some awful playoff performances, to go with those really good one's....

Wish him luck with the Isles, just not against us......
Don’t remind me ! The trauma of the my teen years ….. yes 93 came . But the crush the Bourque nealy moog bruins was not part of it !

Reactions: BLONG7

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
The old fox Lou , saw that both ottawa and la are possible targets and I think he acted like earlier than them . He never been shy of letting a coach go late in the season …. Even if that coach was winning :)

Don’t remind me ! The trauma of the my teen years ….. yes 93 came . But the crush the Bourque nealy moog bruins was not part of it !
I'd like see Roy end up in LA instead of NYI. With his buddy Blake. Imagine the upset with Dubois.

Reactions: tazsub3

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Roy will be Habs head coach someday. That was an insane reception last night. The Montreal fans love Patrick. Not fair not to give him a chance.
We'll see how he does with his current job. If he rage quits again, or if he loses a lot, we may be happy not to give him the chance. Might be a situation where you want a somewhat shared role, as with St-Louis, you probably want some strong assistants to make up for the lack of high level coaching experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad