Confirmed with Link: Sir Patrick Roy named Isles head coach!

Jul 6, 2016
Until he doesn't get his way, then he flips the chessboard over and walks away - to me that's all he's proven in the NHL as coach. Maybe he has changed - let's see what his tenure on Long Island tells us.

As of now, Habs didn't miss the boat, they avoided being weighted down by an anchor. As for the Sens, f*** the Sens
I prefer that type of coach than one who had only pee-wee coaching knowledge under his belt.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Bro quit the Q thinking he’d get a bunch of NHL offers but only the mid Isles called :laugh:

Likely only because Lou still thinks it’s the 90s so Roy is the only name he knows

or maybe he wants a hard-ass no nonsense coach, so he gave Roy a shot? Roy isn't Keenan or a total scumbag like some other notorious coaches, I think he's going to be fine. Maybe now that he's older a bit more calm now too.

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
I prefer that type of coach than one who had only pee-wee coaching knowledge under his belt.
Naturally, because nothing helps young players' confidence and team spirt like watching thier leader throw a fit and storm off. I meanl, what better way to teach them about resilience and teamwork than demonstrating how to bail at the first sign of trouble?. Pee-wee coaches take notes!

I hope Roy has turned over a new leaf, like his stint with the Remparts' may suggest - but I'll wait for n>1. If not, well, maybe – and that's a big maybe – he could sort of fit with a more experienced team (Islanders).

Reactions: Tyson

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
1. Larry Robinson and Patrick Roy are night and day different. Larry can coach here anytime.

2. Your whole MSL is a spineless company man is based on nothing.

3. Pezz probably will get dealt at some point. That’s what happens with scrubs. But the whole MSL doesn’t want a physical team makes no sense at all.

4. I have zero problem with a coach chewing someone out. But you don’t have to do it in front of the cameras.

Being a jackass and bashing players on the TV is not alpha in any way. They can’t control him? Then why the f*** would you hire him? You’re supposed to be working together.

And again, last time he was in the NHL he stormed off on Sakic for not doing things his way. Sakic promptly built a contender and won a cup.

Why the hell do we want this guy again?
Roy is a narcist, nothing good comes from them.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
He is not an athlete anymore he is a coach. Team comes first not the coach, I guess the same comment could be made when he quit the team.

But I think the team failed him his last game. You don't leave your allstar in to get shalacked like that, that was unnecesary. Did you feel the same way about Drouin when he quit the team and needed a timeout? Maybe if Roy had a safe space he would have been fine lol

Why do you assume he's the same person he was when he told Ronald Corey to go f*** himself?

Reactions: 1909

Jul 6, 2016
Naturally, because nothing helps young players' confidence and team spirt like watching thier leader throw a fit and storm off. I meanl, what better way to teach them about resilience and teamwork than demonstrating how to bail at the first sign of trouble?. Pee-wee coaches take notes!

I hope Roy has turned over a new leaf, like his stint with the Remparts' may suggest - but I'll wait for n>1. If not, well, maybe – and that's a big maybe – he could sort of fit with a more experienced team (Islanders).
Roy just coached during the last 16 seasons: the Quebec Remparts during the 13 seasons + 3 as HC of the Avs.... Last year in Quebec he won the league Championship + Memorial Cup.... Kids between 16 and 20. If a guy knows how to deal with young players and develop them, it's him

But I think the team failed him his last game. You don't leave your allstar in to get shalacked like that, that was unnecesary. Did you feel the same way about Drouin when he quit the team and needed a timeout? Maybe if Roy had a safe space he would have been fine lol

Why do you assume he's the same person he was when he told Ronald Corey to go f*** himself?
And Roy was even more succesful with the Avs as goaltender. More wins. Better average and %.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsQC and Habs

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Roy just coached the Quebec Remparts during the last 8 seasons or so.... Last one a Championship + Memorial Cup. Kids between 16 and 20. If a guy knows how to deal with young players and develop them, it's him

And Roy was even more succesful with the Avs as golatender. More wins. Better average and %.

Roy's only mistake was not slapping Tremblay/Corey in their faces on the way out. Alpha Power Move ;)

Reactions: 1909

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Roy just coached during the last 16 seasons: the Quebec Remparts during the 13 seasons + 3 as HC of the Avs.... Last year in Quebec he won the league Championship + Memorial Cup.... Kids between 16 and 20. If a guy knows how to deal with young players and develop them, it's him

And Roy was even more succesful with the Avs as goaltender. More wins. Better average and %.
Too bad he went to a team with the worst prospect pool in the league and no young players.

And yeah I hope he was more successful with the Avs, he went from a team with Damphousse and Brisebois to a team with Sakic, Forsberg, Ozolinsh, Blake, Foote in the dead puck era.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Too bad he went to a team with the worst prospect pool in the league and no young players.

And yeah I hope he was more successful with the Avs, he went from a team with Damphousse and Brisebois to a team with Sakic, Forsberg, Ozolinsh, Blake, Foote in the dead puck era.
Don’t forget the $$$ - Avs were a top-3 spending team in the league

Reactions: le_sean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad