Prospect Info: Simon Bourque

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
You guys laughing at the character things is kind of pathetic. Character is actually something very important when selecting a young players.

Players with character live beyond the expectations placed in them. Remember Gallagher? Remember Subban??(he lived beyond what we expected from him at his draft day)

Players withouth character, despite all the talents in the world, live below the expectations placed in them. Remember Andrei Kostitsyn(good journeyman NHL, but clearly not elite as he should have been)? Remember Chouinard?

So yeah, MB, TT, really like the way they draft, the build this team, we will be a good young team who contend for a long therm under their reign.

Character is probably the only quality that is being shared by all the players having success in this league

its probably the single weirdest and dumbest things I've ever witnessed on here is the making fun of character. lol. Do people even know what character is?

Why in god's name would you not want a player with character? Why in the hell do you think Gallagher was our best forward in the playoffs? I just hope to god that the ones who think character isn't important are teenagers. Still pretty pathetic.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
its probably the single weirdest and dumbest things I've ever witnessed on here is the making fun of character. lol. Do people even know what character is?

Why in god's name would you not want a player with character? Why in the hell do you think Gallagher was our best forward in the playoffs? I just hope to god that the ones who think character isn't important are teenagers. Still pretty pathetic.

Every team values character. I think this current group just refers to it so habitually that people make fun of it.

Also, there are times that they take a stab at certain players who are more known for their skill than character. For example, I doubt reway or nygren were drafted for their character.

At the end of the day, I just don't put all my stock into a what management says in the media. If MB tells us through the media that he's done for the summer, or that the team is in transition, I take it with a grain of salt. I see it as an attempt to temper external expectations in case things get crazy on the market.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
If you want to know more about him.

Exclusive Interview With Habs Prospect Simon Bourque
Click here!

Entrevue exclusive avec le prospect du CH Simon Bourque
Cliquez ici!

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
yZrSLq9.png

Bork having a pretty decent year so far!!!

Revive the hype

edit: or im alone on this:laugh:

Last edited:

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
LHJMQ post (18/10/16)

could tell this guy was going to be solid for us from the last two years, he is still very under the radar in our prospects pool, but he's slowly getting the recognition he deserve, making LHJMQ first page on how good he is as the pillar of the Oceanic.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Took 90 min to have the first post, clearly habs fan have very little knowledge about this prospect. No sure why though, seem like an interesting player and a quebeker on top of it.
Next Patrice Brisebois ? lol

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Took 90 min to have the first post, clearly habs fan have very little knowledge about this prospect. No sure why though, seem like an interesting player and a quebeker on top of it.

Well, to be honest I didn't see him play much since his draft year.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Ill tell you why nobody is excited about him

Beaulieu put up the same numbers in the Q and even went in the first round in 2011, and is struggling to find his niche at the NHL level 5 years later

so while i still think both players are good and everything

its safe to say we're all keeping our eyes on Sergachev and Juulsen for the time being

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Ill tell you why nobody is excited about him

Beaulieu put up the same numbers in the Q and even went in the first round in 2011, and is struggling to find his niche at the NHL level 5 years later

so while i still think both players are good and everything

its safe to say we're all keeping our eyes on Sergachev and Juulsen for the time being

i concur

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Simon Bourque with an assist tonight in a 5-0 win over Moncton Wildcats. Saint John clinched first overall in the QMJHL this season with 100 point season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Let's go Dogs!

Imagine a Memorial Cup:

- Host represented by Windsor Spitfires (Habs prospects Mikhail Sergachev & Jeremiah Addison)
- QMJHL represented by Saint John Sea Dogs (Habs prospect Simon Bourque)
- OHL represented by London Knights (Habs prospect Victor Mete) OR Owen Sound Attack (Habs prospect Michael McNiven)
- WHL represented by Everett Silvertips (Habs prospect Noah Juulsen) OR Medicine Hat Tigers (Habs prospect Matt Bradley)

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I've watched him play quite a bit and while I liked what I saw and think Simon Bourque could eventually play for a while at the NHL level (and that he's a very good sixth-round pick), I seriously question his ultimate NHL upside.

I look at his game and, honestly, Bourque does not have many glaring holes to his game. The one thing that I don't like is that he does not possess a single attribute that I would consider more than 'above-average' for the NHL level, neverming 'great', and that absence of a defining trait (be it a really hard shot, physicality, uncanny hockey sense, etc.) can often mean the difference between a serviceable NHL D-man and a AHL guy.

Personally, I see him as being a similar type of D-man prospect as a guy like Mathieu Carle, a defenseman prospect for us from the 2000s for those who remember him. That said, I really hope Simon Bourque makes me eat my words and ends up becoming a quality fixture on our team.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
You just reminded me of Morgan Ellis, who was supposed to be Josh Gorges but with more size.

Never saw Gorges in Ellis. Morgan was a fairly big guy who played a physical game in his own end. Had a good shot from the point but was inconsistent and wasn't a particularly smart player.

Bourque, like Gorges, is a smart player offensively. Knows when to jump in the o-zone and get open to get clean shots on quality scoring chances. Doesn't have a good shot from the point, however. Smart in his own end, blocks shots and can make a good first pass but not particularly physical. Plays with passion. Was always a leader on his team, was an assistant at 17 year old on a memorial cup team with Rimouski and captained his team the following 2 seasons. Far from a sure shot to make the NHL but has some good things going for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad