Silly things you thought about wrestling as a kid

Bench Clearer

Aug 10, 2023
I always wondered about what would happen if the nWo completely took over WCW. What was supposed to happen afterwards? Would they all just wrestle each other? At age 10/11 this legitimately bothered me.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Bench Clearer

Aug 10, 2023

I hope I didn't just see the Ultimate Warrior murdered!

My older cousin originally thought Warrior HAD been murdered and the one who later returned was a different guy. Swore by it for years. I think a lot of kids wondered about stuff like this. When I saw Undertaker's first Wrestlemania match on home video against Jimmy Snuka I could have sworn it was a different guy.

Reactions: Coffey and Brodeur

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
I always wondered about what would happen if the nWo completely took over WCW. What was supposed to happen afterwards? Would they all just wrestle each other? At age 10/11 this legitimately bothered me.

I remember them just coming out and beating the f*** out of a different non-NWO affiliated wrestler week after week and then spray-painting NWO on their backs.

Bench Clearer

Aug 10, 2023
At first, I thought all tag teams were either related or best friends since they were little kids. I was surprised when I found out years later how some of them didn't really even get along behind the scenes.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
My brother showed me wrestling when I was 6 and he told me it was fake and emphasized it before showing me anything so I didn't hurt myself trying to do stuff they did. He said years later that he did it not for my safety but so mom and dad didn't yell at him :laugh:

- With that said, I always thought Daniel Bryan was super f***ing annoying once he won the briefcase in 2011. I was pissed that he kept getting world title and WWE title matches because he was so f***ing annoying. He grew on me with Team Hell No though.

- To add on to the above point, I remember when the Rock came out on Raw 1000 and said Daniel Bryan looked like "the product of a homeless lumberjack banging an oompa loompa." I was 8 so I didn't know what "banging" was and thought he meant they literally crashed into each other and merged into Daniel Bryan.

- Someone else touched on it above but I thought the blood was ketchup or capsules or something. I didn't think these crazy bastards sliced their own forehead.

- I got so sick of Great Khali vs. Mark Henry matches every other week during and shortly after Mark Henry's Hall of Pain run. They'd always promote it going "Battle of the behemoths, who will win?!?!?!?!" and I'd always be thinking "bro, Henry has beaten this dancing goof like 8 times in 5 minutes."

- I used to be obsessed with John Cena's shirt colors. I really wanted him to start wearing yellow at one point and by the time he did, I stopped obsessing over Cena's shirt colors.

- My brother would try and show me Diesel matches and I fell asleep every time.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
When i saw Rick Flairs matches, i always though: He is cheating!

Because he didnt fall on a flat full back, but only to one side. And i thought, that helped him to be in better shape as his opponents. Only after 10 years i saw somewhere, it was because his accident.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
My older cousin originally thought Warrior HAD been murdered and the one who later returned was a different guy. Swore by it for years. I think a lot of kids wondered about stuff like this. When I saw Undertaker's first Wrestlemania match on home video against Jimmy Snuka I could have sworn it was a different guy.

I know when Warrior came back that the idea the new warrior was an imposter was a pretty big rumor with the fanbase. And this was before the internet. Main reason for this is I believe when the warrior came back he was off the roids so while he was still big, he looked a bit smaller.

Reactions: Bench Clearer

Bench Clearer

Aug 10, 2023
I know when Warrior came back that the idea the new warrior was an imposter was a pretty big rumor with the fanbase. And this was before the internet. Main reason for this is I believe when the warrior came back he was off the roids so while he was still big, he looked a bit smaller.
One popular internet rumor stated that Kerry Von Erich was the Warrior for one night only when he returned at Wrestlemania 8 because he had shrunk a bit and had shorter hair.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
- I thought Kane was gonna show up at my house and kill everyone because he ripped the cage door off and basically killed Undertaker. Had nightmares for weeks about that guy.

- Mankind genuinely scared the shit out of me

I was legitimately afraid to go down into my basement because the room with the furnace was far too dark, resembling a boiler room where you never quite know where Mankind was lurking. I was nostalgia-watching his WWF debut months with my 9-year old daughter who learned that same fear. She also has emetophobia (fear of vomiting) so seeing him utilize the Mandible Claw only made things worse for her. Had to show her some modern Mick Foley interviews to get her to want to watch wrestling with me again.

I legitimately thought Mankind was going to kill Shawn Michaels at IYH: Mind Games. That's an excellent match to re-watch. Two fantastic performances from a couple guys who you wouldn't immediately think would work well together.

I was in attendance at Badd Blood. Seeing that Hell in a Cell match conclusion in person made Kane instantly my favorite wrestler. I just re-watched that event a few weeks ago and I still get goosebumps and all giddy when the lights drop at the end of HIAC. I was the only person I knew who was upset when he lost the World Championship belt he won from Steve Austin in a first blood match on the Monday Night RAW that broadcast the next day.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
The Undertaker vs. Undertaker match had me f***ing amazed as a kid..

It happened at Summerslam in '94 IIRC so I was only 3 or 4 years old but I just couldn't figure out how or why two undertakers existed.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Undertaker vs. Undertaker match had me f***ing amazed as a kid..

It happened at Summerslam in '94 IIRC so I was only 3 or 4 years old but I just couldn't figure out how or why two undertakers existed.
I remember this also tripped me out in video games. I would pick Undertaker then the computer would fight me as Undertaker and my mind was blown.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I thought Matt Hardy was actually crashing those shows after Lita and Edge started f***ing (I was like 12)

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I thought it was legitimate competition, well after I stopped believing in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. I’d say around 10 years old. I had an uncle who thought so until the day he died in his 80’s.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I knew it was scripted, but I was very confused when Big Bossman was hanged on live TV. It looked too real to me. Not that I thought he was legitimately dead (although still not entirely sure), but I just wasn't sure how they pulled that one off, and seeing it on TV was very unsettling.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
When I was like 5 or so I thought the heel AWA wrestlers would just randomly go around town beating people up. Like you could be walking down Portage Avenue in downtown Winnipeg and Baron Von Raschke or Jerry Blackwell would just come up and beat the shit out of you.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
When I was like 5 or so I thought the heel AWA wrestlers would just randomly go around town beating people up. Like you could be walking down Portage Avenue in downtown Winnipeg and Baron Von Raschke or Jerry Blackwell would just come up and beat the shit out of you.
I'm 43-years old and still think that if i walk alone down Portage downtown i might get beat up...but not by either of those guys....

• Haha
Reactions: jetsmooseice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad