Post-Game Talk: Sigh, Flames lose 2-1, at least we're still winning the series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Calling it now this is going to game 7. I think the Flames will come out flat at home and get down a couple goals, get their game together but won't be able to score more than one. 3-1 Canucks.

Yea I'm pessimistic but that's the vibe I get.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Calling it now this is going to game 7. I think the Flames will come out flat at home and get down a couple goals, get their game together but won't be able to score more than one. 3-1 Canucks.

Unless we get the first goal, then that's how I see it too

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
the top line needs to stop trying to be the sedins with the tic tac toe stuff... just ****ing shoot

like CBC said we got away from the forecheck once we had that lead, just rookie mistakes

I put blame on Hartley. He knows his two star players are hurt, and he must know Backlund's line and Stajan's line have better possession right now. NOPE let's give injured Monahan and Hudler crucial powerplay time, and leave about 30 seconds of it for the other unit. At least he wisened up in the final minute after almost 3 hours and played Backlund's line.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta

Nah, I think they end this in 6 at home. They won't wanna go back to Vancouver and they'll get the boost from the C of Red.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I'd say Hudler looks more hurt than Monahan.

He's on for 20 seconds or so and looking to get off.

That said, the line had a decent game last game and Jiri had 2 points. So let's hope this was just a one off.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'd say Hudler looks more hurt than Monahan.

He's on for 20 seconds or so and looking to get off.

That said, the line had a decent game last game and Jiri had 2 points. So let's hope this was just a one off.
Key words, power play. They've been by far the worst line 5v5. And that's with Gaudreau playing good and trying to drag them out with him.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Sucks we lost obviously, but Van is a good team guys, no one was giving us anything. They played a better game and deserved the win. We'll win game 6 at home, closing out a team is super hard and this was a great experience for us.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Key words, power play. They've been by far the worst line 5v5. And that's with Gaudreau playing good and trying to drag them out with him.

Good point.

Ok, I don't recall anyone mentioning this but me, but, having a week off?

Monahan has said he's 100% and his time on the ice pretty well confirms it. So, for me . . . Well I'm not completely discounting the possibility of injury, but I wonder if there was something to having them fall out of sync by a week off.

I think there's a stronger possibility of a Hudler injury. In fact I'd say it's pretty well guaranteed.

Monahan, I'm not so sure it's just a funk at the worst possible time spurred (at least some) by the week off before the playoffs.

Gaudreau to me has that crazy amount of competitiveness where he can't be held off the score-sheet for long and it drives him nuts to be not in top form. But he is by far the best of the 3.

Anyway, yeah, wouldn't mind seeing a line shuffle. Better in game 6 than 7.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Sucks we lost obviously, but Van is a good team guys, no one was giving us anything. They played a better game and deserved the win. We'll win game 6 at home, closing out a team is super hard and this was a great experience for us.

I'm hoping that they storm the gates at home like they did in game 3 and 4.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm hoping that they storm the gates at home like they did in game 3 and 4.

We will. We all need to remember how young our team is, closing out a team is extremely hard for any team. We will be a better team because of this loss. I'm very confident about next game, tbh I didn't think we would win tonight. Next game take the hounds off the leash!

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Inexperienced team usually means a nervous one. Flames will win if they play their game, if they play like this game put a fork in em.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
At the end of the day, being up 3-1 in the series doesn't make it any easier to win the next game. Lesson learned. What we do know is if we skate and play hard, the Canucks can't contain us. We can beat them. The crowd gets the boys playing that much harder.

And if we can win it Saturday, some of our hurt guys get a few extra day of rest, which could be crucial. Hopefully this game is a wakeup call.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I expect Game 7 OT until proven otherwise, but do agree game 6 at home is a far better opportunity for us to win than g7 in Van. We played a decent road game in parts, but allowed far too many shots. Their d was turning the puck over like crazy though, hopefully that continues in game 6 and we don't waste those chances.

I agree that Hudler, Mony look really bad for the most part and being up 3-2 in this series without a single 5 on 5 goal from our top trio is nothing short of miraculous. They need to step up (and I don't think there's much chance that Hartley separates them for more than a shift or two) and grind out a win Sat.

I'm nervous, but cautiously optimistic.

Espeon

Apr 4, 2015
No one has came out and said anything but yeah there is no way either of them are 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad