Injury Report: Siegel Twitter: McLaren going for X-rays. Results: fractured pinky, out 2 weeks.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Ashton Carter slash apparently.....doh:facepalm: Cawtuh Ashton son of Brent:p:

Others who were noticeable by their play were Kadri, who scored the opening goal on a defensive zone turnover and Raymond, who beat James Reimer on an odd man break in his attempt to earn a spot on the roster.

Carter Ashton also drew some attention with his feisty play, nearly dropping the gloves with Marlies teammate Jesse Blacker, taking a run at blueliner Carl Gunnarsson and slashing the hand of Leafs enforcer Frazer McLaren.

“I think with any young player, that you have to be noticed.†Carlyle said. “That’s the best message we can send as a coaching staff that you have to do something to separate yourself and that was a prime example right there.â€

McLaren left the ice following the incident and Carlyle indicated that the enforcer was going for x-rays to determine the extent of the injury.

“There’s a high compete level in these scrimmages and stuff is going to happen around the net with sticks flying around and I’m not going to shy away from it.†Ashton said

The Leafs play the first game of the pre-season schedule Sunday when they face the Philadelphia Flyers at the Budweiser Gardens in London, ON.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mike...ed-In-Blue--White-Game/120/53957#.UjW_r8asjTo

Last edited:

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Depth...

With it being back to the long 82 game season we will see lots of injuries. A lot of the kids will see playing time just from depletion. Carlyle says he will ask more this year,more ususally means trying harder in all situations,thus more injuries.

Colbourne,Broll,D'Amigo,Blacker,Holzer,Carter should all see 10 to 20 games this year.I think Reilly will surprise and make the team this year.

McLaren's pinky is Broll's big break.

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
I love this kid and have to imagine randy does as well. Playing hard and making an impression.

Last edited:

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
There's a fine line. No need to go over the top with drilling the captain and slashing someone else, if that is indeed what happened.

He's in a tough spot. The only way he can make the team is playing physical. He should probably stay away from running some of the top line guys, but bottom pairing guys like mclearn are fair game.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I love this kid and have toimagine randy does as well. Playing hard and making an impression.

There's a fine line. No need to go over the top with drilling the captain and slashing someone else, if that is indeed what happened.

Yes, playing tough isn't slashing someone's hand. That's being careless and selfish. I doubt he meant to cause injury, but what if it's Kessel's pinky next?

A good clean check, dropping the gloves (with an appropriate partner), those things are great, slashing is a penalty every time.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
That sucks. Now there is only Clarkson and Fraser to fight the heavyweights right now. Broll or Devane? If I were them and playing against Phily tomorrow, I would make a "statement". Opens up a possible spot for an Ashton as well.

It's fine for Ashton to go around hitting guys, but to do it intelligently is the thing Carlyle will look at.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
You do not want to make him angry...
20120409_kkt_ah3_904_extra_large.jpg

:sarcasm:

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Frazer McLaren - Possible broken pinky

Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 2h
Fraser mclaren goes to x-ray for a possible broken finger after getting slashed. #TMLtalk

Took a slash from Carter Ashton during the scrimmage. Looks like Ashton needs to injure others to play his way onto the team :laugh:

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Maybe we'll see David Broll or Jamie Devane a little bit sonner than expected

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 2h
Fraser mclaren goes to x-ray for a possible broken finger after getting slashed. #TMLtalk

Took a slash from Carter Ashton during the scrimmage. Looks like Ashton needs to injure others to play his way onto the team :laugh:

Pity the fool when Fraser gets back.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
Am I a dick if I think that this makes the team better if McClaren stays injured? I hope LTIR is in the future for him because he is the most useless hockey player on the team and we have Orr to fill his role already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad