Sidney Cosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
KariyaIsGod said:
You are dumb. He clearly has far more potential then Forsberg had but who knows if he will fulfill it. Nobody thought Forsberg had the skill to break anybody's records and he hasn't, but Crosby is already well documented as having the talent in him to do so. As you said, is only a matter of whether it translates to the ice.

Hey, maybe you're the moronic poster who can't see past his own avatar?

Excuse me? You accused me of being a fan of a different team, and were wrong. So that makes me dumb/moronic? Its clear that Crosby has more potential than Forsberg did? Huh? Crosby is in Canada, Forsberg was in Sweden. That right there counts for a lot of the hype. I seem to recall Forsberg setting quite a few records himself over in Sweden. If Crosby clearly has more potential then Forsberg did, then he must be some sort of demi-god in human form. Forsberg had the potential, it just wasn't as hyped as Crosby's is. And all the comments about Crosby being well documented as having the talent to break probably the most unbeatable record in sports.....is silly. There is no way that you can guage how well Crosby well perform at a higher level. He still has a few years before we can see how his game will translate into the NHL game.......that IMO, is where we will see what he is truly capable of. For example, Simon Gamache tore up the Q in scoring, but now......he is sitting in the minors. He will most likely be on the Preds club next year, but its been quite awhile since he was drafted and all indications of his play in Juniors.......showed him to be a top line talent. How will the rough NHL game affect Crosby? We will all find out in a few years, and I think that in the first two years of a players NHL career is when it is the most readily apparent where a player's career is heading.

Bottomline: Crosby has potential, obviously, but until I see him play against NHL talent........I'm not going to claim he can break anyone's records.

go pierre hedin said:
What do you base this on?

Crosby has more assists then he does goals. He's also 6th in the league in terms of shots... and this is a guy who controls the game when he's on the ice (for the most part).

His linemate Dany Roussin has more shots then he does.

I base it on the games I saw of him in the WJC, which was all of them. I don't have the benefit of seeing him on a daily basis, but I did see him play in all of the WJC games. THe kid can make amazing passes, and like I said, holds on to the puck in a Forsbergesque type manner. However, from what I saw, he leans torwards taking the shot if he has a decent chance on net, whereas Forsberg almost always leans torwards the pass. This is not a bad thing, I actually prefer the shooter to the playmaker :p.

Last edited:

KariyaIsGod*

Enoch said:
Excuse me? You accused me of being a fan of a different team, and were wrong. So that makes me dumb/moronic? Its clear that Crosby has more potential than Forsberg did? Huh? Crosby is in Canada, Forsberg was in Sweden. That right there counts for a lot of the hype. I seem to recall Forsberg setting quite a few records himself over in Sweden. If Crosby clearly has more potential then Forsberg did, then he must be some sort of demi-god in human form. Forsberg had the potential, it just wasn't as hyped as Crosby's is. And all the comments about Crosby being well documented as having the talent to break probably the most unbeatable record in sports.....is silly. There is no way that you can guage how well Crosby well perform at a higher level. He still has a few years before we can see how his game will translate into the NHL game.......that IMO, is where we will see what he is truly capable of. For example, Simon Gamache tore up the Q in scoring, but now......he is sitting in the minors. He will most likely be on the Preds club next year, but its been quite awhile since he was drafted and all indications of his play in Juniors.......showed him to be a top line talent. How will the rough NHL game affect Crosby? We will all find out in a few years, and I think that in the first two years of a players NHL career is when it is the most readily apparent where a player's career is heading.

Bottomline: Crosby has potential, obviously, but until I see him play against NHL talent........I'm not going to claim he can break anyone's records.

I accused you of being a fan of a player and you clearly are.

Obviously, there is no reasoning with you anyway.

To you, Crosby is no better a future than Maxime Talbot...

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
KariyaIsGod said:
I accused you of being a fan of a player and you clearly are.

Obviously, there is no reasoning with you anyway.

To you, Crosby is no better a future than Maxime Talbot...

Read up. You distinctly said this:

"He didn't say he was better than Peter, he said he could potentially be which makes perfect sense to anyone who isn't an Avs fan "

Thats a team.

And yes there is reasoning with me. I do believe Crosby is one of the best talents to hit the scene in the last few years. That he is the next "great one" really cannot be determined by his play in the juniors. He is already having troubles with physcial play, which will only escalate in the NHL. Hope that makes ense.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
KariyaIsGod said:
He didn't say he was better than Peter, he said he could potentially be which makes perfect sense to anyone who isn't an Avs fan :)
ive not heard that he is one the most physical power/ scoring forwards in his league. i would think any forsberg comparisons would have to begin with forsbergs toughness and strength - im not calling crosby a sallyann....ive just never heard once that he was a physical player. that would end any potential comparisons to peter forsberg.

Reactions: w e l o s t b o y s

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Enoch said:
He is already having troubles with physcial play, which will only escalate in the NHL. Hope that makes ense.

where is he having trouble with his physical play at...he might not be the most physical guy on the ice, but he is one of the strongest though. I don't know where you got this info at????????????????????????????

JamieG

May 25, 2003
Visit site
Go to the the main Crosby thread

Go to the last page of the main Crosby thread and read my links to the articles posted today. He's actually going to skip games because he can't handle physical play and he's threatening to go to Europe because of it.

This is a major knock on him and it's only going to escalate with time.

KariyaIsGod*

JamieG said:
Go to the last page of the main Crosby thread and read my links to the articles posted today. He's actually going to skip games because he can't handle physical play and he's threatening to go to Europe because of it.

No he's threatening to sit out because he feels the refs are not calling penalties frequently enough.

That's a better form of protest than diving.

KariyaIsGod*

Enoch said:
Read up. You distinctly said this:

"He didn't say he was better than Peter, he said he could potentially be which makes perfect sense to anyone who isn't an Avs fan "

Thats a team.

And yes there is reasoning with me. I do believe Crosby is one of the best talents to hit the scene in the last few years. That he is the next "great one" really cannot be determined by his play in the juniors. He is already having troubles with physcial play, which will only escalate in the NHL. Hope that makes ense.

Fine, but Forsberg is not the Great One in fact he's far from it.

billabong55

Dec 8, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I haven't read any articles yet that have any direct quotes from Crosby himself stating he has a problem with the refs. I think before everyone goes off on him, they should wait and see what he himself has to say. I do think he should speak up and say what his feelings are on the whole situation, but until I hear it come straight from him, I think I will refrain from labelling him anything.

As for the Rimouski Organization itself, they should be ashamed. There is absolutely no reason for them to pull this type of stuff. It's unfair to the fans, and to the hockey itself. They should be fined or disiplined for speaking out against the refs, the same way any other organization would be if they pulled this stuff.

Every team has a superstar that has to deal with extra hacking and whacking to play this game. It's part of hockey. It'll only get worse in the NHL, or any other pro leagues the kid decides to play in. Rimouski is doing him no favours by trying to baby his way through Jr. hockey.

Just let the kid play and stop trying to draw so much friggin attention to him.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
billabong55 said:
As for the Rimouski Organization itself, they should be ashamed. There is absolutely no reason for them to pull this type of stuff. It's unfair to the fans, and to the hockey itself. They should be fined or disiplined for speaking out against the refs, the same way any other organization would be if they pulled this stuff.

Every team has a superstar that has to deal with extra hacking and whacking to play this game. It's part of hockey. It'll only get worse in the NHL, or any other pro leagues the kid decides to play in. Rimouski is doing him no favours by trying to baby his way through Jr. hockey.

Just let the kid play and stop trying to draw so much friggin attention to him.

Not allowing skilled players to perform is unfair to the fans and hockey itself.

Not every team has a superstar (but I know what you mean) The extra hacking and wacking, however, is part of "illegal" hockey.

The_Wiz

Apr 6, 2003
nova scotia
Visit site
nordique said:
Hopefully he's better at hockey than Theo Huxtable was at football.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah well, Bill Cosby (The Coz) was a heck of a track and field athlete at college ! I think he was an all -american. :bow:

And his nickname was "Combustible Huxtable" on The Cosby Show ! A reference to his real life track and field heroics in college. Ahhh, life imitating art, what a nice refreshing change !

Plus, he has the greatest collection of U.S. college sweatshirts probably anywhere in the world !!!!

:rolly:

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
JamieG said:

he is not sitting out because of physical play he is doing this to protest how the refs don't give players the proper calls. Players are taking runs at him that should be charging calls or intent to injure and the refs are letting it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad