Sick of Bickell

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He's dominating his 10 seconds a game out there for sure. Why can't people admit that Bickell is a replaceable player? Hawks fans fall in love with physicality as if its what wins games. Hitting players after they've gotten rid of the puck doesn't do a lot. They're NHL players, they aren't scared to go back and get a puck. Maybe it takes a slight physical toll on some guys, maybe some guys don't care. He's someone who will hit some and go to the front of the net sometimes, that's a replaceable skill. Why on earth we'd trade him over Sharp is a mystery.

He is replaceable yes but we don't have someone to replace him and that is the issue. We have players coming up and signed that appear to be able to replace Sharp/Versteef/Oduya/Rosi/Timo in a decent capacity. No one is arguing that Bickell is the new baby jesus or irreplaceable but what you are missing is that you need to have a player or players on your roster that can do what he does without hurting other parts of their game. McNeil might be the closest but he is not close enough to trade Bickell. A player like Bickell is part of our blueprint. Bickell is overpaid by about a million dollars and that is not that much. Sharp on the other hand will have a higher return and frees up 1.9 million more in cap space.

Brandon Mashinter

Would replace Bickell at far less cost and unlike #29 he would show up every night and give honest effort

Further proof that you have zero idea what you are talking about. You seriously just claimed that a AHL player could easily replace Bryan Bickell. Mashinter could not replace Bollig much less Bickell.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I beg your pardon? Didn't know you were still butt-hurt from our White Sox prospect discussion last summer. :laugh:

Nah, so far I'm right actually. (still early on though) But it's just what I noticed from reading the boards. At least I'm not as bad as the other poster who told you "Your first intelligent argument will be your first" or something like that. :laugh:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Nah, so far I'm right actually.

Lirl, you were arguing that Rodon was on the cusp of being one of the ten best pitchers in the world. Twelve innings of a 1.70 whip and 6 walks per 9 makes you think you're right? :biglaugh:

But it's just what I noticed from reading the boards. At least I'm not as bad as the other poster who told you "Your first intelligent argument will be your first" or something like that. :laugh:

You butchered the quote, but that was a comment I made to someone else. I later apologized over pm, since it wasn't nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Watching a guy like Joel Ward play and Bickell play it is an embarrassment what we get from Bickell

Ward is what Bickell should be ,, If only Bickell gave 100% every shift like Ward

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I always viewed Bickell as like a poor man's Wayne Simmonds. At least Bickell can kick his ass though :laugh:

Pretty hilarious that Bickell makes slightly more. Great contract for the Flyers

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
He was okay through two rounds, although not a fraction of the playoff beast his apologists were promising.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
I guess the myth that Bickell is a terrific performer come playoff time has been dispelled.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I guess the myth that Bickell is a terrific performer come playoff time has been dispelled.

No. Some people won't be convinced - they will insist he's playing great but some of us are just 'haters' or else they will point to another player who hasn't played well, either.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Bickell needs to start scoring, but idk what the hell you people are watching if you think he isn't showing up.

Confirmation bias is a powerful thing, my friend.

They've decided Bickell is bad, therefore they will accept all evidence in support of their agenda, and ignore all evidence to the contrary.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Confirmation bias is a powerful thing, my friend.

They've decided Bickell is bad, therefore they will accept all evidence in support of their agenda, and ignore all evidence to the contrary.

Lol, the only "confirmation bias" is people who have decided that Bickell is an essential impact player and refuse to acknowledge anything that points to this not being the case.

Bickell needs to be better than he's been so far this playoffs.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Lol, the only "confirmation bias" is people who have decided that Bickell is an essential impact player and refuse to acknowledge anything that points to this not being the case.

Bickell needs to be better than he's been so far this playoffs.

Yep, just as Sharp needed to be better last post-season.

Obviously, as we know, that one poor post-season from Sharp ensured that all claims of him being a playoff performer were false. :laugh:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Yep, just as Sharp needed to be better last post-season.

Obviously, as we know, that one poor post-season from Sharp ensured that all claims of him being a playoff performer were false. :laugh:

If Sharp routinely sleepwalked through the regular season and apparently "earned his pay cheque" during the playoffs, criticism of his lukewarm play would be more than justified.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
saying he Needs to be better and/or putting up more Points is fair and right, but saying he isn't showing up is just not true.

Nothingman*

you are basing this only on stats... much like Vermette was a bad trade, right?

Kinda have to since he isn't posting much in the way of stats during RS. That is what he was paid based off of too.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Everyone knows Bickell isn't worth his contract. He is still playing decent and providing a much needed physical presence though. Keep posting stats all you want, but you are missing the big one, the one that leads the entire NHL per game this playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad