Post-Game Talk: Should we be worried?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I missed the last 2 periods so can't really comment on the overall game but, and I know it's way too soon to judge, I don't like what I've seen from Henrique at all. Ideally you'd like to see a flash or two even as he adjusts to a new team and he hasn't flashed anything, he's been frighteningly ineffective. Granted, I've only seen 4 periods from him but it's been bad in this early juncture.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I missed the last 2 periods so can't really comment on the overall game but, and I know it's way too soon to judge, I don't like what I've seen from Henrique at all. Ideally you'd like to see a flash or two even as he adjusts to a new team and he hasn't flashed anything, he's been frighteningly ineffective. Granted, I've only seen 4 periods from him but it's been bad in this early juncture.
Apart from the Draisatl line basically every forward today was ineffective. But yes, he's not gotten off to a strong start.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Drai is as on ice cerebral as either. Understanding your point that they all are. But you finished that oddly.

Drai was again playing 4D chess out there today so just saying..
I emphasizied those two not because they are smarter players but rather because they are more obviously smart players. But somehow I did expect you would have something to say on the matter :naughty:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Honestly after the start this team had... it's all gravy now that the team has crawled back from the depths they were in and at least have a fighting chance at a playoff run now.

After those 1st two games the Oilers had vs the Canucks... I was basically writing the team off as a "not this year" team that likely wasn't even going to make the playoffs so they've already surprised me by putting together an astonishing 16 game win streak to get back into the running as a strong playoff contender.

I have really no idea what to expect from this team at this stage... they could miss the playoffs or win the Cup. Such a Jekyll & Hyde team that I don't know which outcome is more likely.

Reactions: bellagiobob

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Campbell has the highest playoff save pct of any Oilers goalie who's ever played more than 2 minutes of playoff hockey.

Campbell also has a career playoff save pct of 92.0% over 18 games.

Campbell should absolutely be an option when the Oilers make the playoffs.

Reactions: Oilhawks

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Really? Faceoff percentage is one of the most overrated stats IMO
Not when it’s that one sided. If the Oilers don’t play like donkeys, with that huge advantage it would have lead to more possession and opportunities. Games most often are 55/45ish, this one being as lopsided as I can remember.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I didnt even realize it went to Shutout. I shut it off immediately after the goal. One thing Im really noticing about Skinner is that his glove hand and movement to glove side is very weak. Other teams will pick that out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad