Should we allow more than 8 trades per team, per draft?

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
There is absolutely no viable reason to limit trading to 8 when this issue is brought up again in 2017. I would imagine that particular rule was to limit the number of trades DURING the draft. It doesn't take into account people who want to work out trades after the draft to tweak the fit of their rosters.

I have zero issue with limiting the number of assets to 4 per deal. No reason why you need to move 6 players in one deal.

Obviously people are going to vote no here to make sure the rule was upheld as it stands now, because I broke a rule and rewarding that makes little sense. I've got zero issue with people wanting to adhere to the rule because it does exist.

But, prior to ATD 2017, there is no real reason to limit the # of trades. We saw people make a plethora of deals without impeding the draft in any meaningful way, and the deals I made to get me to 8 (and subsequently to 9) were made after the draft, which hurts no one.

If people want to draft and never make a deal. Fine. That's their prerogative. If people want to make 13 deals and they are sensible, what is the problem? Every detail of the trading process will be brought up before the next ATD. We already know that people were able to make timely deals that added excitement and suspense to the process. I look forward to hearing why people don't GM's to make more than 8 deals throughout the draft, both during and after.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00