Should we allow more than 8 trades per team, per draft?

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
This is to give everyone a chance to have a simple vote. A voice to hopefully expedite getting to the end of the tunnel on a very minute detail of the draft that 90% of people clearly weren't aware of to begin with.

Should my trade with Monster B be allowed to go through, even though it was my 9th trade vs the carryover rule of 8 being the max per team, per draft? The trade passed many GM's voting in favor of allowing it to begin with.

Yes, if you approve of allowing people to make unlimited trades.

No, if you want to keep the maximum # of deals limited to 8.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
The rule was made at the start of the draft.

You cannot change rules at the end of the draft

Regardless of everyone else's trading activity it is unfair

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I voted no in general, but in your case I think the trade should be allowed.I'm surprised someone caught on this, Columbo level right there.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I voted no in general, but in your case I think the trade should be allowed.I'm surprised someone caught on this, Columbo level right there.

Surprised? You shouldn't be.

This was something almost nobody even knew existed and now it's a massive problem. MB and I weren't out to screw anyone, or purposely break the rules. But here we are.

ResilientBeast

Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Surprised? You shouldn't be.

This was something almost nobody even knew existed and now it's a massive problem. MB and I weren't out to screw anyone, or purposely break the rules. But here we are.

Regardless the rule was put in place at the start of the draft

Trading is to be reasonably fair and balanced and lopsided trades will need to be re-worked or dropped. This is at the discretion of the trade committee.
Each team may make up to 8 trades.
A submitted trade counts towards the maximum, even if it is vetoed (exception - first time GMs). Don't submit lopsided trades.
No more than 4 assets per team may be traded at a time.
Swapping all positions before the draft doesn't count as a "trade" for the purposes of the above rules.
Trading while on the clock is allowed. However, using your entire clock to openly shop a pick annoys your fellow GMs, so do it sparingly. If GMs abuse trading on the clock, a rule could be added against it

It's in each draft thread it doesn't matter if other gms don't read it. It's a rule

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

It's in each draft thread it doesn't matter if other gms don't read it. It's a rule

You're from Canada, but I'll use an American example of how this is largely nonsense. If nobody knows it exists, how can anyone follow it?

My example. ObamaCare. 2000 whatever pages, that nobody in the public was allowed to read before it passed Congress. Or should i say, rammed through Congress, but i digress. I guess people just have to trust the folks who make law?

How in the heck can anyone adhere to rules they don't even know exist?

This isn't a case of LL drafting a player, and then 10 picks go by and he wants to change his pick. Nobody is doing anything to hurt other GM's or impede the process of the draft in any way.

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island

Have to agree. Much like any rulebook, there's always a few rules that nobody remembers or notices because they don't get invoked very often. They're still rules nonetheless.

ResilientBeast

Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
You're from Canada, but I'll use an American example of how this is largely nonsense. If nobody knows it exists, how can anyone follow it?

My example. ObamaCare. 2000 whatever pages, that nobody in the public was allowed to read before it passed Congress. Or should i say, rammed through Congress, but i digress. I guess people just have to trust the folks who make law?

How in the heck can anyone adhere to rules they don't even know exist?

This isn't a case of LL drafting a player, and then 10 picks go by and he wants to change his pick. Nobody is doing anything to hurt other GM's or impede the process of the draft in any way.

:laugh:

You understand how that comparison is garbage right?
Obamacare 2000 pages

ATD rules there are 9 rules, there were votes about trading where this was decided. If you can't be bothered to read 9 rules at the start of the draft boohoo for you.

The rules are there for a reason and just because you happened to pass the limit doesn't mean you should get a pass.

I knew it existed and it was on my mind once I crossed 4 trades. So stop with this no one knew nonsense. There's a reason jarek had a counter in the OP of the Trade thread.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
This is to give everyone a chance to have a simple vote. A voice to hopefully expedite getting to the end of the tunnel on a very minute detail of the draft that 90% of people clearly weren't aware of to begin with.

I would love to hear how you got this figure. How many people actually posted that they were unaware of the rule?

I was going to close this poll because this really should be an anonymous process, but obviously the people who voted already don't mind their opinion being public. It also seems that we have our answer as all 4 GM's that have voted are against.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I'm not taking a position on the trade, but I don't buy that "almost nobody knows this existed." The rule was written in the exact same place as the rule against trading more than 4 assets at once, a rule that everyone followed all draft.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'm not taking a position on the trade, but I don't buy that "almost nobody knows this existed." The rule was written in the exact same place as the rule against trading more than 4 assets at once, a rule that everyone followed all draft.

I knew the rule existed but it wouldn't have crossed my mind to check it :laugh:

peter_falk_columbo_2.png

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Just cancel the deal already. Whatever. I'm sorry I broke the damn rule. I'm sorry i go to the trouble of being extremely active, which is part of the reason why I got to 9. I'm always looking to improve my club.

People have a problem with it. Let's unify the masses. No more *****ing and moaning. Make the ATD great again! We do need an ATD wall built though for illegals like myself. It's just going to cause the ATD to be unsustainable in the long haul. ;)

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Yep. Wow. Very expressive word. 3 letters. I probably would have went with speechless. Many more letter + 2 syllables.

OR if you wanted to get REAL crazy, you could go with "I'm inarticulate"!

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
People have a problem with it. Let's unify the masses. No more *****ing and moaning. Make the ATD great again! We do need an ATD wall built though for illegals like myself. It's just going to cause the ATD to be unsustainable in the long haul. ;)

Let it be known that this is the moment 87 went off the tracks :laugh:

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Not at all. Van goes off the tracks, and suggests people are out to get him and quits. That is childish if we're keeping score. I use some sarcasm and a few choice words in my displeased posts. But am content with the results. A rule was broken. I ****ed up. I'm sorry. I take the sole responsibility.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Trump is quite good for making sarcastic remarks in life. I WISH i had the ability to tan like him though. My God, he must be beating women off him with that glow ;)

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
Let's not dig this hole any deeper, folks. 87, you're one of the most engaged GMs in the draft and you made an honest mistake. I don't think anyone likes how this has played out, but it is what it is. It would be a real shame if this incident soured you to the process.

We've all had our disappointments. Long ago, I almost quit the draft after Nalyd and I had built a terrifically talented team in ATD#8 (back when I was a rookie) only to see it ripped up one side and down the other by a generation of GMs who were comically concerned with grit, Cup counting and "that old tyme hockey". I'm glad I decided to give it another go.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'm not soured at all. I completely understand the objection to what went on. I completely disagree that capping trades makes any sort of sense. BUT, the rule was in place, and I overlooked it. So, we are where we are. I am a person of responsibility. You have to be as a husband and father. I may not like this particular issue being as big as it has gotten, but I have zero problem with admitting I'm in the wrong and waiting until the proper time to rectify it.

I'm not going to take my ball and run home. Especially not after I put in God knows how many hours into yet another edition and feel like this is by far my strongest entry. If people dislike me because I'm passionate, and maybe go over the edge from time to time with comments or arguments, then fine. If it costs me votes, so bet it. I'm not a politically correct individual and will at times use coarse language and ruffle feathers. That's just who I am. I'd rather we have more of those types in the ATD, and the world in general. Especially in the ATD, where overall participation has lagged now for multiple seasons. We used to run 5 and 6 draft threads deep, now we don't even get close to finishing 3.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I'm not soured at all. I completely understand the objection to what went on. I completely disagree that capping trades makes any sort of sense. BUT, the rule was in place, and I overlooked it. So, we are where we are. I am a person of responsibility. You have to be as a husband and father. I may not like this particular issue being as big as it has gotten, but I have zero problem with admitting I'm in the wrong and waiting until the proper time to rectify it.

I'm not going to take my ball and run home. Especially not after I put in God knows how many hours into yet another edition and feel like this is by far my strongest entry. If people dislike me because I'm passionate, and maybe go over the edge from time to time with comments or arguments, then fine. If it costs me votes, so bet it. I'm not a politically correct individual and will at times use coarse language and ruffle feathers. That's just who I am. I'd rather we have more of those types in the ATD, and the world in general. Especially in the ATD, where overall participation has lagged now for multiple seasons. We used to run 5 and 6 draft threads deep, now we don't even get close to finishing 3.[/QUOTE

If it eases the blow somewhat here, I didn't think you upgraded your club after the trade despite Fredrickson being easier to employ than Bowie.

If anyone should be crushed, it's me since Gardiner could have been my ticket to a deep run possibly, who knows. In a way I'm relieved, and I don't mess with Firsov - Delvecchio - Jagr.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00