Should the Rangers re-brand?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
More Alternate and Retro Jerseys for sure.

I think it's just good business to have more products out there.

Hats, Jackets, Coasters.

Get in the game.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I loved the Liberty jerseys too--sorry I never bought one.

And let's go back to whites at home!

You can always pick one up on ebay. Personally I like looking at them more than wearing them. The giant crest is like having a pizza box on your chest. Not nearly as comfortable as the regular home/away sweaters.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
You can always pick one up on ebay. Personally I like looking at them more than wearing them. The giant crest is like having a pizza box on your chest. Not nearly as comfortable as the regular home/away sweaters.

Honestly, don't like paying that kind of money (for a new jersey). I only have one--Gretzky's, wore it once, swore I wouldn't wear it again until the Rangers won another Cup.

Although if I could find a Richter lady liberty cheap, I'd consider buying it.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Really not a fan of the "New York" jerseys. Love the color scheme, just think it's lame that all it says is "New York". Now if they slapped the Liberty head on those.. :nod:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

So true :laugh:

This is also an issue for me with the Winter Classic jersey. It's even worse with that one. When I lean in, while wearing the Winter Classic jersey, it feels like I am wearing armor

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I'd say no as someone who works in this kind of field. Some brands are just cemented the way they are - that's something to strive for, not to shirk away from IMO. Coke's logo has essentially been the same forever. Apple has altered colors but hasn't ever actually changed their mark. Compare that to Pepsi and Windows for example, which change all the time.

Like other people in here, I'd say keep tweaking the thirds as cool new concepts come up, maybe rotate the stadium series jerseys in now and then if possible for a little treat, but keep the mains essentially the way they are. They're timeless.

This is a good point. Having a universally recognized logo is one of the strongest forms of advertising and it doesn't cost you anything.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Definitely, this team needs a re-branded logo. Something like a pitbull buttf***king a komodo dragon while firing a rocket launcher off the top of the statue of liberty at Osama bin Laden. And the pitbull is wearing the classic NYR sweater in a nod to tradition.

What do you guys think?

:laugh:

I would buy one.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Stick with the tradition, 3rd jerseys are for the variety. This team is not the Islanders.

*Bob Richards*

i like the third jerseys from the winter classic...so pretty.

the normal blue and white are flawless the way they are...change nothing.

I shelled out some bucks for that thing because I thought it was so pretty. :laugh:

Apocalypse Dude

"Value"
Jul 25, 2012
Nova Scotia
Definitely, this team needs a re-branded logo. Something like a pitbull buttf***king a komodo dragon while firing a rocket launcher off the top of the statue of liberty at Osama bin Laden. And the pitbull is wearing the classic NYR sweater in a nod to tradition.

What do you guys think?

10/10. Would imagine again.

And to who ever said change the 3rd's base colour to red..... no. There's a reason they're known as the Blueshirts.

Dec 13, 2010
there's 24 teams in the NHL that would kill to have a look as iconic and beautiful as the Rangers, why screw with it?

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
I've always been a staunch traditionalist. Especially with O6 teams. And IMO, part of the Thrashers and Coyotes troubles are/were their unwillingness to develop their brand around their original choice of sweaters.

That said...

I love the Heritage and Winter Classic jerseys. I really think they killed it with those designs.

I wouldn't be upset if NYR went with those two jerseys full time for a 10 year stretch, then back to the original jerseys to start the 100th season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00