Should the Leafs STRIP Tavares of C If They Get Bounced again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danarqhy

Oct 27, 2022
Check Republic
youtube.com
Unacceptable to come out looking like a wet far in game 1 when your backs should be against the wall to shed the playoff choker label the team has. Some of this is the effect of having such a milquetoast personality as leader of the team, the Leafs never seem to come on hot out of the gate and always find themselves behind the 8 ball.

Should they strip the C off Tavares and give it to someone that can better inspire the troops going into battle if they get bounced again?

I think they should, a message needs to be sent that enough is enough and it's time for some accountability.

Mar 26, 2010
Tavares is gone after next season anyway. His contract is up. I don’t see any circumstance that he gets re-signed. Toronto will cut all ties with him 100%.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
seinfeld-newman.gif

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Unacceptable to come out looking like a wet far in game 1 when your backs should be against the wall to shed the playoff choker label the team has. Some of this is the effect of having such a milquetoast personality as leader of the team, the Leafs never seem to come on hot out of the gate and always find themselves behind the 8 ball.

Should they strip the C off Tavares and give it to someone that can better inspire the troops going into battle if they get bounced again?

I think they should, a message needs to be sent that enough is enough and it's time for some accountability.
No, his contract is almost over anyways.

It won't change anything, there is no leadership in that room anyways.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
No and they won't however he's not coming back after next season anyway. Someone else whose always praised over there is gonna have to take the heat then.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I don't think it'd be beneficial. It would be a distraction more than anything. Media people would keep talking about it and players would be thinking about it.

I say let him play out the final year with the C and then let him walk. Hopefully Matthews is ready for the role... :eek3:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’m not in the room, so I haven’t the slightest idea as to what their vibe is and how Tavares may or may not factor into it.

Best to let the ones with the actual knowledge of the team dynamic make that call

Reactions: byrath
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad