Should Subban Have a Hearing? [CONFIRMED: No Hearing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Does he miss the head? The intent looks very bad and I have no issue with discipline, but I want to see another angle

Reactions: Duke749

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
That looks bad but Benn was unharmed?

We need another angle.

Yeah so much of the DOPS - especially in the playoffs - is how long the other guy stayed down and/or how much time he missed. Caps/Canes have had a few similar ones. Kuznetsov caught an elbow to the head in G2 that would have been a suspension if he had stayed down, but it went uncalled. Ovi had a borderline hit in the same game where the Canes guy skated away fine and he just got a minor.

The intent should be what’s penalized. You shouldn’t be waiting to see what happens to the other player before you know what penalty/suspension is incoming. And I see intent on this Subban hit regardless of Benn’s state afterwards.

Reactions: ElGuapo

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
The intent should be what’s penalized. You shouldn’t be waiting to see what happens to the other player before you know what penalty/suspension is incoming. And I see intent on this Subban hit regardless of Benn’s state afterwards.

Why did I know someone was going to tell me this?

Yes, I completely agree that it looks like Subban was intending to hurt Benn from this angle.

I'm reserving my judgment until we see more angles.

The video is someone holding their phone up to their TV, for f***'s sake.

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Doubt anything will come from this but yeah that's the first thing I thought as well, that this was a carbon copy of Kucherov's hit. Subban just didn't get all of Benn, that's all, so he bounced right back up.

Clear intent though, that much is obvious.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
I’ll wait to see a video that’s not filmed on a phone 5 feet away from the tv in a tilted fashion before I make my judgement.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Why did I know someone was going to tell me this?

Yes, I completely agree that it looks like Subban was intending to hurt Benn from this angle.

I'm reserving my judgment until we see more angles.

The video is someone holding their phone up to their TV, for ****'s sake.

You knew somebody was going judge a play on a hockey message board from the video that was provided? Damn son what’s your retainer, I could use a guy like you.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Dallas player seems less vulnerable than the CBJ player and the contact seems to be around the shoulders more than the head. I don't know. I think it will amount to nothing.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
You knew somebody was going judge a play on a hockey message board from the video that was provided? Damn son what’s your retainer, I could use a guy like you.

I said Benn was not injured on the play, therefore someone had to tell me that intent is what really matters.

I should have been more clear in my original post.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Benn had plenty of time to get up and then ducked as Subban was coming. Give me a break people.

So intent doesn't matter?

Subban still drove his elbow hard into the boards, right after Benn ducked his head. Didn't miss by much, either.

I mean even Anne Frank could see what he was trying to do there. :help:

(A cookie for anyone who gets that reference :laugh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad