Should Roslovic Be In The Lineup Right Now ? Poll

Should Roslovic Be Inserted on The 3rd line ???

• Yes, I'd very nuch like to see this.

• I think he should replace Perrault right now.

• No, I don't think he's any better than what we have right now

Results are only viewable after voting.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
From what I've seen of Roslovic, he has more talent than any of our 3rd or 4th line guys. Hes very fast, a good puck handler and playmaker, and he can "score." Reminds me of when they held back Connor from being in the lineup, and the panel here were not happy with that situation. Connor finally got back up because of an injury. I think Roslovic should be playing on the 3rd line right now.

I'd like to see Perrault being dropped back down to the 4th line, and Roslovic playing on the wing with Bryan Little. Perrault has not scored a goal in 27 games a poster was saying on here, and he did great on the 4th line before. You could scratch Tanev or Copp on the 4th line and see how this works. I think it would be a big boost for the Jets, and making a very strong 3rd line.

What do you Posters think ?? are you in favor of this ??

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I’m not as down on Perreault as some people are. I want him to stay in the lineup.
However. I think we need to be resting 3 or 4 players each game for the rest of the regular season.
We have an opportunity to keep them fresh. Let’s use it!
And, I love Roslovic’s game as well.

Reactions: Hobby Bull and GNP

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Not in favor , i like him but unless injuries happen i'm happy with line up the way it is. Sorry to be a Debbie downer

Reactions: Hobby Bull

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
Nope.
You don't break up the Lowry-Copp-Tanev line.
Little and Perrault are veterans and you don't just take them out of the lineup because they're struggling. How does that help their confidence? I could see him maybe replacing Armia but I like how Armia plays.
Now if it's for resting guys for the playoffs, then sure.
Roslovic will get his chance.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Voted "much". Mostly, I want him sharp and ready to go for the playoffs. We might need his secondary offense.

Reactions: GNP

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
In purple is Perreault + Roslovic.

NMgT6yK.png

When Roslovic was first paired with Perreault, they had a short scoring burst but shots against were steadily rising, which is kinda contrary to Perreault. After that, Perreault on the ice just meant no goals were being scored for either team, somehow. Interestingly, Perreault-Copp-Roslovic dominated in terms of shots - but still no goals. When Little was reintroduced, goals against skyrocketed. I'm of the opinion this should eventually balance out as this is a hugely small sample size, but I'm definitely intrigued by the small sample size of Perreault + Roslovic with Copp.

Issue might be finding where Little fits these days. He's definitely hampering right now. I would rest Little and insert Roslovic until playoffs.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
In purple is Perreault + Roslovic.

NMgT6yK.png

When Roslovic was first paired with Perreault, they had a short scoring burst but shots against were steadily rising, which is kinda contrary to Perreault. After that, Perreault on the ice just meant no goals were being scored for either team, somehow. Interestingly, Perreault-Copp-Roslovic dominated in terms of shots - but still no goals. When Little was reintroduced, goals against skyrocketed. I'm of the opinion this should eventually balance out as this is a hugely small sample size, but I'm definitely intrigued by the small sample size of Perreault + Roslovic with Copp.

Issue might be finding where Little fits these days. He's definitely hampering right now. I would rest Little and insert Roslovic until playoffs.
I like the idea of resting Little, too. I think both Little and Perreault could use a bit of rest. I'd like to see the Jets use their depth, including Dano, to rest some of the players that are sagging and probably banged up. Also good to have depth players sharp in case they are needed.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I’m not as down on Perreault as some people are. I want him to stay in the lineup.
However. I think we need to be resting 3 or 4 players each game for the rest of the regular season.

You can argue with PMo then. He has said that he doesn't want to rest his players. Not sure exactly what that will mean. I hope that at least Fefe and Wheeler won't be blocking shots on the PK for a few games, but who knows?

I love Rosie's game too but I also like the bottom 6 as is. PMo has role players in roles. MP is not scoring but he is playing well, forechecking, creating chances.

Even so, I hope all the PB crew get into one or the other of the b2b games. Maybe they should get both. As few regulars as possible should play in both of them. But I'm assuming the question here means Rosie in as a regular.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Im not as down on Perrault as some people are. I want him to stay in the lineup.

Great insightful post by the Turtle here !! and I agree with it.

On Perraault -- I'm not really down on him, as he's a tenacious backchecker and he hustles a lot -- but I'd like to see him moved to the 4th line-shut down line. This is where he's going to do well right now, as he's lost his scoring touch.

Players I think should be rested -- are Little and Enstrom. Bryan Little starts to come on strong in the last half of the season--especially the last 1/4 of the season, and he has been doing so lately. I'd rest Little, as he's a little prone to injury, and is on the smaller side. He'll be very valuable in the playoffs.

On Enstrom-- very fragile and injury prone-- but when healthy he can be a very sharp defenseman we will need in a long grueling playoff run. He's been resting lately, and may have a small fracture, so no hurry to get him back. He could turn out to be a big plus for us in the playoffs.

Resting Helle --for a couple games is good--as we need to get Mason some games, because if Helle goes down in the playoffs, we would be in trouble. I understand Mason is ready to go, and I'd like to see him get 2-3 games in.

In summary --I'd like to see Roslovic inserted on the 3rd line, and Perrault sent down to the 4th line and used as a backchecker, and agitator, plus he will get his scoring touch back. He may end up with Hendricks again, if he gets back.

Having Roslovic would be "big" for that 3rd line, and increase our goal production from that line, that we really need.

NOTE - As you can see from the poll results-panelists are about 80% in favor of having Roslovic in the lineup-- just like I am.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mud Turtle

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
i said yes but not because i want anyone benched just insert him to give others a rest and let him stay hungry to be in the lineup to create a spark

Reactions: GNP and FonRiesen

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I thought Little has been really good lately....huh....

Perreault is either injured or fatigued. I'm guessing injured as the guy has never played more than 60 odd games in a season. Roslo is probably an upgrade. In any case who cares for the last handful of games.

Reactions: kanadalainen

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
i said yes but not because i want anyone benched just insert him to give others a rest and let him stay hungry to be in the lineup to create a spark

Well, that's certainly one way of looking at things-"letting him stay hungry" really worked for Connor, as when he was brought back up, he's been hugely productive. Maybe this is what Maurice does to wake up and send a message to the young guys ?? If Roslovic gets back into the lineup, after having a taste of the big leagues-- I'm sure we can expect a great effort from him--"and some goals."

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
These next few games are the perfect time to let Matty work it out - less pressure in less meaningful games.
Pulling him now and reintroducing in the playoffs makes zero sense to me - he's snake bitten and need to get his mojo back in a less competitive environment.
I gotta think if he was injured, he wouldn't be playing.

If we are going to rest players, start with Wheeler, Little, Stastny and if you can drag him off the ice, Buff.
Laine also looks like he could use a break - his new man body is probably taking it's toll on his energy.

Roz will get his chance - you have to assume someone is going to get banged up in the playoffs.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I wouldn’t replace Copp or Tanev with Roslovic. They play different styles of game.

When a top 9 position opens up due to injury, fine, but not interested in disrupting our very good chequing line for Jack.

Reactions: Razzle71 and wasup

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Perreault might secretly be injured, but I would like to see Roslovic go in somewhere. I think Roslovic could centre Laine and Ehlers as early as next season.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Put Roslovic in top 9
Move Armia to 4th line
Rotate Tanev, Armia, and Copp as the 2 wingers on 4th line
Win more games

or

Put Roslovic in
Rotate resting Jets top9 forwards
Win more playoff games
I'd probably keep Copp.

Roslovic on the 3rd line.
Armia to the 4th.
Tanev out - though I'm fine with Armia sitting too.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017

Well, that's certainly one way of looking at things-"letting him stay hungry" really worked for Connor, as when he was brought back up, he's been hugely productive. Maybe this is what Maurice does to wake up and send a message to the young guys ?? If Roslovic gets back into the lineup, after having a taste of the big leagues-- I'm sure we can expect a great effort from him--"and some goals."
for sure lets hope so. he still has alot of maturing to do in his game hope he can round out and help us in the next few years

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg
I voted no as I don't see anyone coming out of the lineup except for injury.

However, I would be interested in seeing Perreault on the 4th line and Copp on Little's wing along with Roslovic. Armia would get a break.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
IMO he could be in there if needed, but isn't a clear upgrade over anyone in their current role.

To me he still looks a little lost/behind the play out there. Very much as Connor did last season. He still hasn't figured out how to fully make use of his skills at NHL speed.

The good thing is, his experience this season has given him a very clear idea of where he needs to adapt and improve, and if he works hard this summer he'll come in next year several steps ahead of where he is now.

But in terms of pure effectiveness, I don't see him as a guy that is owed a spot in the lineup right now.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I didn't vote in the poll as I feel it is leading people to vote disingenuously.

I feel like Roslo should get a game or two in to keep him sharp. I don't want him in permanently in place of Tanev - who I think is playing a really important role extremely well.

I would like him to give some guys a few days of rest and healing. I'd start by letting Perreault have a night in the pressbox to get his head right.

I'd also give Little, Wheeler, and whomever else is a bit banged up a game or two off.

Reactions: ulf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad