Should Bob Murray be fired?

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I really think Murray is balancing the cap with the expansion draft. I am a little surprised he didn't go after Vanek... maybe he did but Vanek preferred Detroit. I suspect he will pull off a decent value trade before the Summer is over.

You have to remember BM's goal is to get the Ducks into the playoffs and then see what happens. It is what it is.

John

BearFlag

Aug 12, 2013
Orange County, CA
Here's the way I see things. BM was generally doing a great job up till the 2015 playoffs, when we had the best chance to win the SC. He had traded for Kesler the previous summer and we had a great roster going into those playoffs.

Then things went down hill. Last summer we did not sign François Beauchemin and got Bieska instead. That was a terrible move and hurt us big time last season. This past year BM did not Lindholm or RakelL and now their price keeps going up by the month (as similar players get signed at higher prices). Finally BM hasn't done anything notable during this free agency period, therefore I think he's done a horrible job this past year.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Here's the way I see things. BM was generally doing a great job up till the 2015 playoffs, when we had the best chance to win the SC. He had traded for Kesler the previous summer and we had a great roster going into those playoffs.

Then things went down hill. Last summer we did not sign François Beauchemin and got Bieska instead. That was a terrible move and hurt us big time last season. This past year BM did not Lindholm or RakelL and now their price keeps going up by the month (as similar players get signed at higher prices). Finally BM hasn't done anything notable during this free agency period, therefore I think he's done a horrible job this past year.

Neither player really has any leverage to increase said price. Rakell can point to Trocheck, and BM can point to Tofollio and Hertl. Lindholm can't really point to anyone that helps him. Right now his closest comparable is Jones, who signed something similar to what we've all thought Lindhom would sign for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad