Post-Game Talk: Shooting Stars, Jets win 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I also love how our defenseman are jumping up into the offensive zone and our forwards are covering when they do. Appleton made a great defensive play by covering for a defenseman jumping in.
This has made a big difference having the Dmen jump up into play and rush the net, and will add a new dimension to the Jets scoring. Add that to reduced ice times, and use of all 4 lines, make us a much improved team. Add to this, we have a great Coach in Bowness who the players believe in, and respect.

Add Ehlers into this mix, and we have a Cup contender.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobble and Jets 31

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
This has made a big difference having the Dmen jump up into play and ruch the net, and will add a new dimension to the Jets scoring. Add that to reduced ice times, and use of all 4 lines, make us a much improved team.

Add Ehlers into this mix, and we have a Cup contender.
I agree with the first paragraph.

I've never seen evidence of Ehlers being a playoff performer; say for 1 game when he scored 2 goals off of fresh legs.

You really know who the pretenders are once the playoffs begin.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Once the analytics and HFboards-darling Ehlers comes back, everything will be enhanced. More problems than not will be solved. He drives a line like nobody's business; everyone has to carry Kyle Connor. No one is better than "exiting the defensive zone" and "entering the offensive zone" than Ehlers. Most underrated Jet, Ehlers.

He never disappears for long stretches of time, he's a phenominal two-way player, he's an excellent playoff performer, he'll someday crack the 30 goal and 70 point barrier; he's not just another blend of Pat Elyniuk and Nelson Emerson.

We're in Year 8 with him, it's time for all of the pretenders to get out of the way, and let Ehlers reach his full potential.

I'd love to see Ehlers drive that Scheifele/Perfetti line; 3 centers. Ehlers is so good in the trenches, along the board, doing all the little things necessary to winning. Dropping the gloves every 2nd year, taking dives every other game, the things that produce winning ways.

The guy's phenominal!

Once the analytics and HFboards-darling Ehlers comes back, everything will be enhanced. More problems than not will be solved. He drives a line like nobody's business; everyone has to carry Kyle Connor. No one is better than "exiting the defensive zone" and "entering the offensive zone" than Ehlers. Most underrated Jet, Ehlers.

He never disappears for long stretches of time, he's a phenominal two-way player, he's an excellent playoff performer, he'll someday crack the 30 goal and 70 point barrier; he's not just another blend of Pat Elyniuk and Nelson Emerson.

We're in Year 8 with him, it's time for all of the pretenders to get out of the way, and let Ehlers reach his full potential.

I'd love to see Ehlers drive that Scheifele/Perfetti line; 3 centers. Ehlers is so good in the trenches, along the board, doing all the little things necessary to winning. Dropping the gloves every 2nd year, taking dives every other game, the things that produce winning ways.

The guy's phenominal!

1668043483421.png

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm guessing it's just to get Wheeler a few reps at C......just in case.

I hope.
Strange and I don't like it. Wheeler isn't good enough to drive a line from the middle any longer. Appelton is OK as a compliment but I really dislike that second line.
Maybe Bowness liked only having one line that can reliably score in Dallas a little too much... :laugh:
I hope to god this isn't a thing
Bowness addresses this at 9:00

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Somebody should tell him that they don't play on Friday.
I'm sure that he knows its a practice day, unlike not knowing that Maenalanen's goal last night wasn't his first in the NHL.

I like the thinking, that's a legit power line, if you need to go that way.

Reactions: Atoyot
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Somebody should tell him that they don't play on Friday.
He opens the interview stating "The only thing that matters right now is we get ready for Saturday night in Calgary"

The quote you're referring to was regarding the Jets next practice on Friday. It's a day off tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buffdog

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Did he say that at some point in this interview? I must have missed it.

He finishes the first question stating "The only thing that matters right now is we get ready for Saturday night in Calgary"
I only started at 9 minutes and he said "on Friday" a few times. I was mostly joking around though, he was probably just talking about practice.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Mitchell Clinton wasn't watching practice close enough.

That should have read Connor-Dubois-Scheifele.

Bowness had Scheifele playing wing.
This makes a ton more sense... although I still don't understand why we are not running KFC-PLD-Perfetti

Maybe there is a rift between Scheif and Wheels... who knows

Would love to see
Ehlers-Scheif-Apples
KFC-PLD-Perfetti
Saku-Lowry-AJF
Gus-Wheeler-Gagner

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
I don't think you hold anyone accountable by being constantly negative, snide, insulting, sneering, and derogatory.

But I do have to ask: do you think any players ever actually read these fan boards?
I know a retired player that loves reading HF. He said the misconceptions are breathtaking and incredibly funny. He doesn’t post here because he is busy driving Laffs fans crazy.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
I don't think you hold anyone accountable by being constantly negative, snide, insulting, sneering, and derogatory.

But I do have to ask: do you think any players ever actually read these fan boards?

I have it on good authority that several players have gone on to have multi-point games specifically after having read posts from Sipowicz. It really works.

I know a retired player that loves reading HF. He said the misconceptions are breathtaking and incredibly funny. He doesn’t post here because he is busy driving Laffs fans crazy.

I actually know a number of ex-coaches who say HFboards posters deserve to get paid for the wonderful work they are doing every day, and they were all 100% serious and this is 100% true. FYI

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I have it on good authority that several players have gone on to have multi-point games specifically after having read posts from Sipowicz. It really works.

I actually know a number of ex-coaches who say HFboards posters deserve to get paid for the wonderful work they are doing every day, and they were all 100% serious and this is 100% true. FYI
Hah, LOL!

Thanks, guys, good to start the day with a great laugh.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

That's just sips 'shtick'. He's actually a huge fan and loves the team. I'm not a fan of toxic negativity either, but it's extremely tongue in cheek with him.

I do think some guys do, but I'd highly recommend they do not look

This makes a ton more sense... although I still don't understand why we are not running KFC-PLD-Perfetti

Maybe there is a rift between Scheif and Wheels... who knows

Would love to see
Ehlers-Scheif-Apples
KFC-PLD-Perfetti
Saku-Lowry-AJF
Gus-Wheeler-Gagner
Lol yeah put our 3rd leading scorer, a perennial nearly ppg guy on the fourth line, but have Appleton on the 1st

Reactions: Inanna and Buffdog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad