Sherwood Hockey making a comeback?

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Haven’t updated the thread in a long while, but it looks like Nick Ritchie is on Team Sherwood now!

Ritchie used to use a Ribcore line. I believe he started to get into Sherwood towards the end of his Leaf days, and fully with the Coyotes.

Attachments

• 13660E0E-680F-46D6-AF8C-2BFD04D90954.jpeg
    13660E0E-680F-46D6-AF8C-2BFD04D90954.jpeg
    428 KB · Views: 24
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
This may or may not happen, but here is McDavid using the Sherwood Rekker!

Attachments

• D8D8CCFC-081E-49C1-9D71-9C781BA6BF13.png
    D8D8CCFC-081E-49C1-9D71-9C781BA6BF13.png
    521.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 32206C7F-AFB7-476D-BB8F-0C0387822CFC.png
    32206C7F-AFB7-476D-BB8F-0C0387822CFC.png
    495.9 KB · Views: 25
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I promise you I am NOT a rep of Sherwood (lol) but a big time player has been using the new Code stick for a few games now!

Willy Nylander looks great with the new Code

Attachments

• A9A4FB4A-1707-4827-8CFC-0BB647F9486E.png
    A9A4FB4A-1707-4827-8CFC-0BB647F9486E.png
    692.9 KB · Views: 22

Evergreen

Probably the only one keeping this thread going but is that Connor Bedard posing with Sherwood?! Yes it is!
That would be a huge get for Sherwood. I really like their Code sticks. Only issue for me is their P88 blade is about a centimeter shorter than comparables from Bauer and CCM for some reason.

I wonder if we see Willie Nylander make the move to Sherwood gloves this season.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
That would be a huge get for Sherwood. I really like their Code sticks. Only issue for me is their P88 blade is about a centimeter shorter than comparables from Bauer and CCM for some reason.

I wonder if we see Willie Nylander make the move to Sherwood gloves this season.

I bought a pro stock Rantanen Rekker a while back and it’s so nice.

Laodongxi

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I just got a Rekker Element One from Hockeystickman.ca and tried it out for the first time yesterday at stick and puck. It's a p28 curve 65 flex. I got it just for wrist shots and it is deadly accurate. So fun to shoot with.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Picked up an Element 2 from Pro Hockey life today on clearance for $60. Haven't played with it yet, but the big appeal to me was, I just realized their intermediate sticks come in 50 flex. As s short person who likes to use a really short stick, I only had one brand choice if I wanted a 50 flex stick with a full sized blade, but now it seems other companies are catching on and giving us short folk some choices.

Unfortunately, for a company that has intentions of making a comeback, finding their high-end sticks in-store is next to impossible. You would figure a company owned by Canadian Tire would have their products be plentiful in stores owned by said company like Canadian Tire, Sport Check, and Pro Hockey Life. But nope. Even with the low end sticks, they'll have around 5-10 in a store.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Picked up an Element 2 from Pro Hockey life today on clearance for $60. Haven't played with it yet, but the big appeal to me was, I just realized their intermediate sticks come in 50 flex. As s short person who likes to use a really short stick, I only had one brand choice if I wanted a 50 flex stick with a full sized blade, but now it seems other companies are catching on and giving us short folk some choices.

Unfortunately, for a company that has intentions of making a comeback, finding their high-end sticks in-store is next to impossible. You would figure a company owned by Canadian Tire would have their products be plentiful in stores owned by said company like Canadian Tire, Sport Check, and Pro Hockey Life. But nope. Even with the low end sticks, they'll have around 5-10 in a store.

Weird logic, that would mean those sticks are sold out and are doing well..... with that said I've had no issues finding their top end sticks at SC and PHL....

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I use offname brands like Twig and Custom Hockey Sticks because the big brands don’t sell PM9 anymore.

Sherwood was always a brand that never had many of those. Bobby Ryan’s curve YEARS AGO was the PM9 equivalent before it became the P88 equivalent.

Sherwood’s sticks have always been quality with the overly exorbitant price tags that come with Bauer, CCM, Warrior and True sticks. If they made a PM9 curve available in their regular rotation, they’d gather a TON of customers.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Weird logic, that would mean those sticks are sold out and are doing well..... with that said I've had no issues finding their top end sticks at SC and PHL....

I can tell you this, they have the sticks on their websites but not in the store. So as far as I can tell, they're not selling out. They're just not in the store in great abundance in terms of Pro Hockey Life and Sport Chek. The only store in my area, which is a Canadian hockey city, that's carrying the Sherwood Legend Pro is a Source for Sports store, but it's only carrying the top end stick.

Canadian Tire doesn't have any of the new Rekker Legends or Element series on their site or in store,

Captain Charisma

Jan 18, 2019
I use offname brands like Twig and Custom Hockey Sticks because the big brands don’t sell PM9 anymore.

Sherwood was always a brand that never had many of those. Bobby Ryan’s curve YEARS AGO was the PM9 equivalent before it became the P88 equivalent.

Sherwood’s sticks have always been quality with the overly exorbitant price tags that come with Bauer, CCM, Warrior and True sticks. If they made a PM9 curve available in their regular rotation, they’d gather a TON of customers.

I don't know if they'd gather a ton of customers. Newer generation of players are gravitating towards P29s, P28s. P90s is a relatively new curve that's being added to many brands lineup, while phasing out the P88.

Unfortunately the more traditional curves like the PM9 and P88 just aren't clicking with the current generation of hockey players.

I miss the P38. :(

Reactions: BruinDust

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I don't know if they'd gather a ton of customers. Newer generation of players are gravitating towards P29s, P28s. P90s is a relatively new curve that's being added to many brands lineup, while phasing out the P88.

Unfortunately the more traditional curves like the PM9 and P88 just aren't clicking with the current generation of hockey players.

PM9 sold like crazy. Stores, online, it was a big seller. I would look for it and could never find it lol. There’s definitely a demand for it.

Captain Charisma

Jan 18, 2019
PM9 sold like crazy. Stores, online, it was a big seller. I would look for it and could never find it lol. There’s definitely a demand for it.
There's certainly a demand for it, but unfortunately not enough to justify the economics compared to the other curves. If it was a bigger seller then the other curves, the brands wouldn't have discontinued it.

P88 is also slowly being phased out. Sherwood only offers it in the Senior sticks for their Rekker line, and it's been completely removed from their Code line. True only offers it in their Hzrdus line of sticks and has completely removed it from their Catalyst line.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I can tell you this, they have the sticks on their websites but not in the store. So as far as I can tell, they're not selling out. They're just not in the store in great abundance in terms of Pro Hockey Life and Sport Chek. The only store in my area, which is a Canadian hockey city, that's carrying the Sherwood Legend Pro is a Source for Sports store, but it's only carrying the top end stick.

Canadian Tire doesn't have any of the new Rekker Legends or Element series on their site or in store,

The two hockey shops in my area don't (and didn't) have Sherwood sticks in any capacity during last season. I don't know if they have these shops have a relationship with a supplier, but they didn't even have the Rekker E1 or Code TMP line during this past season.

If they made a PM9 curve available in their regular rotation, they’d gather a TON of customers.

Who though? I'm sure a pro can swing whatever curve he wants through the brand that they're using.

The only people that want it back are us rec level/beer league players.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I was a P38 guy but in 2017 switched to the P29 as the P38 had become hard to find in my area.

Two years later in 2019 I snagged a couple Trigger 3Ds at end-of-season pro stock sale for an ECHL team that are P38 max blades.

And I couldn't use them. My shooting mechanics had adjusted to the higher lie of the P29 and there was no going back so the two P38s just sit there collecting dust.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

People don't buy top end hockey gear at Canadian Tire.. of course they wouldn't stock it, everything at CT is entry level..

Not sure which city you're in because SC and PHL in AB and BC that I've seen have all had all tiers of Sherwood sticks.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
People don't buy top end hockey gear at Canadian Tire.. of course they wouldn't stock it, everything at CT is entry level..

Not sure which city you're in because SC and PHL in AB and BC that I've seen have all had all tiers of Sherwood sticks.

CT doesn't carry high end sticks, but you'd figure considering CT owns Sherwood, they'd carry some of the lower tier sticks in their store.

I"m in Vancouver, BC and as of that post they didn't. They only had a handful of the lower tier sticks at PHL. As of now, Sport Chek only has a few lower tier sticks. And PHL got a batch in of various teirs, but in comparison to how many stick of each of the other brands they have, it's small.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Since this is bumped...

Does anyone know if they've brought back anything resembling that Spezza Curve?

I need that lie, personally.

Turbo, doesn’t look like it - but you may be in luck. Not sure if we can share links but this is their latest catalog:

I think Spezza used a PM - 19 pattern when he was with Sherwood. I believe that’s similar to a PM9 (?). The PM9 pattern has all but disappeared on the market altogether. Closest graphic that looks like it seems to be the PM26. Only difference is the lie. Curve specifications seem to be nearly identical.

They don’t have many curves to choose from honestly. I don’t believe there’s as much variety as there used to be..

(I wonder if my bud @Filthy Dangles could help. He’s sometimes poking around the equipment sections.)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad