Sherwood Hockey making a comeback?

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Sherwood Rekker Element 1 is (supposedly) out. Can't seem to find it anywhere though? Looks like Alex Debrincat is on the Sherwood team.

This may be a crapshoot, but how do people on social media get these hockey boxes with the sticks, skates, hoodie/shirt?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Sherwood Rekker Element 1 is (supposedly) out. Can't seem to find it anywhere though? Looks like Alex Debrincat is on the Sherwood team.

This may be a crapshoot, but how do people on social media get these hockey boxes with the sticks, skates, hoodie/shirt?

Detailed reviews with followers, videos, and it doesn't hurt to play tournaments where you know sponsors. I use to receive Mission inline skates before the Bauer crossover. They originally asked to send them back to inspect durability but stopped that pretty quickly.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

I see it here on IceWarehouse.

As for how to get those boxes, I think they usually send them out to people with followings or sponsorships, who then use/promote and review the product which I Guess might help the company it.

I don't think they just sell/give them to an average Joe who doesn't have a big channel or page, bur you could try PM'ing/Tweeting them about buying one

Last edited:
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Been using Sherwood's for the last 2 years (Rekker EK365, Rekker M90 are my current rotation and a Code V I've yet to use ) and they're amazing quality at their price point, probably the best bang for your buck sticks on the market, especially at the rate they go on 50% sale.

The newest Bauer line is amazing, especially the Hyperlite but they're at CAD$400 a stick which is ridiculous.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Been using Sherwood's for the last 2 years (Rekker EK365, Rekker M90 are my current rotation and a Code V I've yet to use ) and they're amazing quality at their price point, probably the best bang for your buck sticks on the market, especially at the rate they go on 50% sale.

The newest Bauer line is amazing, especially the Hyperlite but they're at CAD$400 a stick which is ridiculous.

I’ve been using the Nexon N12 for a year exclusively for ice and I love it. I’ve been wanting to get a Rekker (which is based off of it) for a long while

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Unsure if anyone is still interested in Sherwood products, but here are some new Sherwood sightings:

Kaako has switched from the Rekker to the FT4 it looks like, but he did give the Element 1 a try the other day:

florida-panthers-defenceman-gustav-forsling-and-new-york-rangers-picture-id1236453342

Big man Rasmus Ristolainen has been using a Rekker E1 exclusively throughout the year:

matthew-tkachuk-of-the-calgary-flames-and-rasmus-ristolainen-of-the-picture-id1354001824

Looks like Nick Ritchie gave the E1 a try last night (with former Sherwood man Trouba in the background)

nick-ritchie-of-the-toronto-maple-leafs-plays-the-puck-agianst-jacob-picture-id1236650186

And finally, Artturi Lehkonen, big Sherwood guy!

artturi-lehkonen-of-the-montreal-canadiens-skates-with-the-puck-kris-picture-id1236651545

Reactions: TheDawnOfANewTage

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
I would too but I’m a huge composite user and have never used wood before. I’d prob not be able to shoot it. But I would kill for them to do a Code V wrapped like a 5030 or something like the EK15 vintage (I own it and love it!)

They made (or make) a composite 5030 with a wood veneer wrap. Was on the budget end called like 5030 CC (composite core). I saw a few different wrap graphics. Never got one, but came close. I actually have a "Torspo" wood veneer composite... it's trash.

btw the 9950 is a better stick than the 5030 with fiberglass and composite reinforcement and 102 flex rating. I've had 2 of them and can absolutely blast clappers with it. Wrist & Snap are never as good as a composite.
You can still buy the 9950 in Canada.

ilyazhito

May 15, 2013
Any goalies using Sherwood today? I've seen a few Sherwood sticks on Pure Hockey, including wood sticks. I think Goalie Monkey might have some Sherwoods as well. Maybe an NHL goalie needs to start using Sherwood as well.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Any goalies using Sherwood today? I've seen a few Sherwood sticks on Pure Hockey, including wood sticks. I think Goalie Monkey might have some Sherwoods as well. Maybe an NHL goalie needs to start using Sherwood as well.

I’m not aware of anyone using Sherwood, but I have seen a goalie or two using Vaughn (?) pads? (Quick from LA and Darcy K from Colorado)

Creepingjeff

Mar 4, 2016
My sons have used Sherwood sticks for a few years. They both are using Rekkers now. They are very good sticks for their price point and I have been recommending them to parents for kids moving into U10 level.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I found a Rekker M90 on clearance for $160 and just purchased it. The stick has great reviews in terms of performance and durability. Am really hoping to be pleasantly surprised asbout the latter. I am a defenseman who plays a lot of games and burn through sticks, hope the Rekker lasts me a while.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I found a Rekker M90 on clearance for $160 and just purchased it. The stick has great reviews in terms of performance and durability. Am really hoping to be pleasantly surprised asbout the latter. I am a defenseman who plays a lot of games and burn through sticks, hope the Rekker lasts me a while.

Let me know how it feels and plays. Looking to acquire that Rantanen M90

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

any update to this? :nod:

Ilya, the only goalie that I found to rep a Sherwood product is Ondrej Pavelec. He used a Black Sherwood BPM (source: ProStockHockey) for a while before he retired

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
any update to this? :nod:

Ilya, the only goalie that I found to rep a Sherwood product is Ondrej Pavelec. He used a Black Sherwood BPM (source: ProStockHockey) for a while before he retired

Yo my bad... I really liked the stick but it broke after 22 days. I probably played 10-12 games with it and a couple open skate sessions.

It reminded me of the Trigger 5 Pro i had. It had the same concave sidewalls on the shaft and was light as a feather, and had that low kick profile where I felt like i could snap it off with some mustard with ease.

I am currently dealing with them about the warranty, at least if it broke early it broke in 22 days and not 31...we'll see what they send me next.

I will be giving Sherwood at least another chance because i liked the stick and got it at a good price but it sucks that it didnt' last me

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
So I’ve been on the hunt for this stick for a while now and trying to find out it’s backstory. My brother hooked me up with a Rantanen Rekker M90!

The backstory part is the interesting one for me. Rantanen had used this when the NHL came back to play. Was he going to rep Sherwood but then didn’t? Did he just enjoy the stick but then switched for something else? This stick is crazy light!

Attachments

• CB04FC22-B988-4CCF-BCC8-E79FBDB94B1B.jpeg
    CB04FC22-B988-4CCF-BCC8-E79FBDB94B1B.jpeg
    329.2 KB · Views: 12
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
https://www.groupehockey.com/public/catalogues/SW 2022 CAT.pdf

Sherwoods upcoming catalog was leaked (or released)

some notes:

The CODE has finally received a much needed design change. Gone is the ‘Christmas Camo’, and hello to a black and blue! (Looks similar to a Bauer One95 scheme).

the Rekker E1 is the stick that came out to market this year. Lekhonen and Debrincat currently sporting those.

Lastly, the T90 was blessed with an update. Still an overall good stick. More for a beer leaguer.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I've been using the Rekker EK365 for multiple years now, and my last one finally broke.
I'm trying to get another one, but can't find it anywhere. Anyone has a re-saler in Canada that holds old models? If not, anyone of you would know what the equivalent to the Rekker EK365 would be now? I'm terrbile with all these specs and technologies!

Thanks fellas

gswift

Mar 27, 2013
I've been using the Rekker EK365 for multiple years now, and my last one finally broke.
I'm trying to get another one, but can't find it anywhere. Anyone has a re-saler in Canada that holds old models? If not, anyone of you would know what the equivalent to the Rekker EK365 would be now? I'm terrbile with all these specs and technologies!

Thanks fellas
The Rekker Element 1, or RE1 would be the new equivalent. It went from The Rekker 365 to the Rekker M90 & The Element1 is the latest, but maybe you can grab some M90 on sale...

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
The Rekker Element 1, or RE1 would be the new equivalent
Many thanks, you juste saved me a bunch of time, I'll think of you when I snipe my 1st beer league goal of the renewed season next week!

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Thanks fellas

did you try SidelineSwap? They sometimes have 365s on there.

but yes, the Rekker line went from the 365, to the M90, and know the E1. It’s still a low kick line, extremely light! The newer model will obviously have more ‘pop’

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad