Player Discussion Sheldon Keefe - All encompassing galaxy brain discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I don’t know if people talked about this already, but supposedly Babcock contacted Montgomery to give him tips on how to stop the Maple leafs PowerPlay. What a douche.

It was other way around. Jim contacted Babcock and Cooper

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
They have studied this. The best guidance after a goal is to go after a second goal with your top players. Not put a 4th line against their motivated best.

Its actually stupid person shit that we laughed at I think Ron Wilson or Carlyle about. Either way hilarious

Source? Also, what lines had just come off?

Sullivan is an awful coach

He's better than Berube, so that's an issue...

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I don’t know if people talked about this already, but supposedly Babcock contacted Montgomery to give him tips on how to stop the Maple leafs PowerPlay. What a douche.
Guess he knew what he was talking about huh?

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
f*** it, bring in Joel Q. I can even live with the core all coming back. Need a legit goalie, too.
Actually thats all they had to do this year and they win that series. Goodbye Keefe but 1 round against an old and tired TB that was way overdue? You are done son! With Brodie,Bert and Samsonov off the books they could sign a Pesche/ Tanev and get a proven goalie easily. We breed wingers(Cowan,Greb) like flies anyway. Bert aint worth $5.5M to us.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
It's past 12pm. I thought he'd be fired by now.
Maybe Shanahan is waiting to find out his own future first. The last three games of the the series may have confused the Board. Fingers crossed but I think the hammerhead is coming back.

KaN19

Jun 25, 2023
He's probably gone, but it won't be announced for another week or so.

Shanny needs to trot out a sacrificial lamb for the exit interviews/presser.

Reactions: fahad203

weems

Jul 3, 2008
PP playoff numbers since 2019-2020 season

Toronto 15.4% (37 games played)
Edmonton 34.4% (41 games played)
Boston 29.8% (45 games played)
Colorado 28.7% (57 games played)

How is it even possible to have such a horrible powerplay when you have elite offensive players like Matthews, Marner and Nylander?

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
He's probably gone, but it won't be announced for another week or so.

Shanny needs to trot out a sacrificial lamb for the exit interviews/presser.
Shanny has to run it by NHL HQ first, they don’t want the Leafs stealing a news cycle from the playoffs.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
that is czy. In fact, why should Montgomery need any help from others? I do not know who runs the PP now. It has been the same since Babcock was the coach, drop-pass. Now, the Leafs do not have the "speedy" players, and it is Domi or Reily carrying the puck in. Their speed does not scare the shxt out of the PK.

Reactions: saffronleaf

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Source? Also, what lines had just come off?

He's better than Berube, so that's an issue...

I could not find the exact article. It is real and gets commonly talked about. I asked AI for you...

After scoring a goal, it’s common to change lines to maintain momentum and keep the opposing team on their heels. Considering the search results, here’s a suggested approach:

• Top line: If your top line is the one that scored, consider keeping them out for another shift to try to capitalize on the momentum and score again. They’re already in a rhythm and have the opposing team’s attention.
  • Second line: If your top line is gassed or needs a rest, consider putting out your second line. They can bring a fresh perspective and potentially create new scoring opportunities. This line is composed of players who can add value in the second-team offense, as mentioned in the search results.
  • Third line: If you want to change the pace and create a different look, consider putting out your third line. They can bring a physical presence and grind out possession, potentially wearing down the opposing team.
Remember, these are general guidelines, and the specific needs of your team and the game situation will influence your decision.

I have know this for years though

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I could not find the exact article. It is real and gets commonly talked about. I asked AI for you...

After scoring a goal, it’s common to change lines to maintain momentum and keep the opposing team on their heels. Considering the search results, here’s a suggested approach:

• Top line: If your top line is the one that scored, consider keeping them out for another shift to try to capitalize on the momentum and score again. They’re already in a rhythm and have the opposing team’s attention.
  • Second line: If your top line is gassed or needs a rest, consider putting out your second line. They can bring a fresh perspective and potentially create new scoring opportunities. This line is composed of players who can add value in the second-team offense, as mentioned in the search results.
  • Third line: If you want to change the pace and create a different look, consider putting out your third line. They can bring a physical presence and grind out possession, potentially wearing down the opposing team.
Remember, these are general guidelines, and the specific needs of your team and the game situation will influence your decision.

I have know this for years though

I guess the Leafs have different data or it is ignored then...

I will just say, I think our 4th line is more of a traditional 3rd line (minus Reaves).

AI is also not reliable at all, I will just take your word for it.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010

How is it even possible to have such a horrible powerplay when you have elite offensive players like Matthews, Marner and Nylander?

Because your elite offensive players are Matthews, Marner and Nylander.

TonsofPuppies

Pack your shit, Shanny!
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto, Ontario

Beyond the fact that guys like Matty, Mitch and Willie have a difficult time adjusting to pressure and physicality, one of the biggest reasons is that Rielly is the PP quarterback. I am as much of a Rielly defender as there is (mainly because up until this year he always found that other gear in the playoffs) but the guy has an absolute muffin of a shot. It's not a threat, just a complete non-factor.

That means that other teams can (and will) simply collapse down low and block our forwards from finding the soft areas in the middle where you score goals from. They will happily leave that point open for Rielly to take as many shots as he wants, because the only thing he ever hits with them is opponents' shin guards. In essence, any leafs PP is really just a 4-on-4 for 2 minutes. This is why they, in pure desperation, signed Klingberg.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Since Keefe took over, Toronto is dead last in PP% among the 19 teams that have played at least 20 PO games in that span. (15.4%)
Yes he most likely has input, but Keefe doesn't run the PP. That was Guy Bouchers job this year. Last year it was Spencer Carbery.

They keep changes pieces behind the bench, but results remain the same. Wonder what hasn't changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad