Player Discussion Sheldon Keefe - All encompassing galaxy brain discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I can fault Keefe and the staff for the lack of PP contributions. But, the lack of production throughout the last 2 series is on the players as a whole, not on coaching staff.

I can see him being let go, and would agree with it. I just don't believe he was the reason they lost the series, it's on the players. If you'd have said Sammy was going to give up only 1 goal in regulation time, I think everybody would have jumped on that chance. They didn't score enough.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
It would be insane for him to survive this off-season again based on "good effort." Vegas would have canned this goof 4 times already.

Gerard Gallant has had more success in the regular season and playoffs than this fool and he's been canned three times. How Keefe has survived so long with zero true regular season accolades or even one deep playoff run is unfathomable.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Right... not true.

Dafuq are you even talking about? Any team can fire their coach, so any coach still in the playoffs could be a potential candidate. What part of that isn't true, or do you just not understand how firing people works?

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
Taking out Robertson for Gregor was an all time stupid Keefe decision. Gregor cost us the game by getting cute in the zone instead of chipping the puck out 5 seconds before Lindholm scored. Man I hope Keefe is fired
Gregor also took a bad angle shot that wrapped out around the boards with the other two forwards in deep which led to the breakout that resulted in them getting trapped and conceding that goal

Reactions: Oscar Peterson

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Dafuq are you even talking about? Any team can fire their coach, so any coach still in the playoffs could be a potential candidate. What part of that isn't true, or do you just not understand how firing people works?
Why would those other teams fire the coaches? Most have just hired new coaches, and actually meet some sort of expectation. Just because a team loses doesn't mean shit.

We are in another stratosphere with our situation.

Also, my point still stands, the guys available will be better than the ones who could become available. You still haven't even named one guy? Get bent.

Reactions: seventieslord

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
I can fault Keefe and the staff for the lack of PP contributions. But, the lack of production throughout the last 2 series is on the players as a whole, not on coaching staff.

I can see him being let go, and would agree with it. I just don't believe he was the reason they lost the series, it's on the players. If you'd have said Sammy was going to give up only 1 goal in regulation time, I think everybody would have jumped on that chance. They didn't score enough.
That's where your wrong.... Sammy and his mental issue was the route for this loss. 2 weak goals after the team took the lead he got rattled . Nervous all night and it showed... How many times did he lose his stick for know reason?... How many juicy rebounds he gave up all night. U can't win in this competitive leage with margin of error being so thin with mentally challeged goalies. Leafs don't lose with Jones in net let alone Woll. the Mistake is sticking with mentally challeged goalies and praiseing them for fighting through it like it's some type of good thing for the team. That's not a position for the mentally challeged, it impacts the whole team in front and it showed. All 4 losses fall on goaltending just like the previous sereis.

The only reason why it was low scoring game because of how well the team competed defensively. There goaltending let them down when the other guy on Boston wasn't giving up the softies.

Switch the goaltending and the Leafs sweep Boston.

To let manny know the type of goaltending the Leafs got this year they shouldn't have even made the playoffs. They overcame that huge whole. Over came the huge whole down 3-1 only to lose the guy that was going to get them over the hump with 0.1 seconds.

Keith is more than likely to get fired which really I don't know if any replacement can do any better. Show me a good goalie and I'll show u a good coach.

Shanahan showld be let go though... He's shown zero Leadrship over these years. Many times over the years he had opportunties to speak out, take the fine on the bogus calls. the only time u herd of him was to ctritize rather it was his GM or players to re-sign theres next to zero public support from him. Fire his ass..

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
His time has come. Came in with huge expectations, flames out not getting anything out of this core. He was supposed to be a huge change (for the better) from the predecessor. Anything but.

He can now re-unite with his buddy in Pittsburgh.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
At least Keefer knows he is done here .. his comments are in past tense .. he might have already been let go .. who knows maybe Shanny will stay in US with his family .. exit interviews are not required .. thanks for trying boys .. don't let da door hit you in da *ss on your way out of TO

Reactions: OddyOh

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Production was already difficult to come by from a number of places during last season's playoffs and this season even marked a regression from that. The responsibility for that has to be a two-way street between the players and coach(es).

Reactions: Suntouchable13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad