Player Discussion Sheldon Keefe - All encompassing galaxy brain discussion

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Anyone know which Leaf had the most ice time 5-on-5 in Game 3?

Joel Edmundson.

Bozo the Keefe is an absolute joke.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Not making changes to a PP that's been anemic for months is absolutely a fireable offence. I don't know who made the call on Boucher to be the PP coach but it's like getting Scott Stevens or Adam Foote to run your most creative, offensive-minded players.

It's like having Alex Kovalev or Ziggy Palffy run the PK...sheer and utter madness.

1709759659624975.gif

Carlo is a Keefe fan :laugh:

I think it's more likely he's pissed off at the players and doesn't want to give them a free pass lol

Reactions: egd27

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
In his first season, in a pseudo playoff series the Leafs, after a miracle from the Hockey Gods, found themselves with a winner take all game against CBJ

Leafs were struggling to score against CBJ's shut down pair so Sheldon Keefe did the following to increase the offense
  1. Loaded up a single line of 34, 16, & 91 so CBJ could fully focus on who to shut down
  2. Moved Nylander to 2nd line C for the first time all season
  3. Scratched one of the two players to score a 5 on 5 goal in favor of player who was coming off a lower body injury and hadn't played a game in something like 5 months
Oh yeah, they were beat 3-0......oops

Last edited:

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Sheldon should take some blame. He still doesn't do much to impress anyone. He only has 1 playoff series win. Many times TOR had opportunities to close out series and never did.

There's issues beyond coaching though. We are experiencing it right now: when you pay so few players half of the cap and those players get injured or struggle. You're left with mediocre players in important positions to 'carry the mail'.

This long time futility is on Shanny just as much.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Sheldon should take some blame. He still doesn't do much to impress anyone. He only has 1 playoff series win. Many times TOR had opportunities to close out series and never did.

There's issues beyond coaching though. We are experiencing it right now: when you pay so few players half of the cap and those players get injured or struggle. You're left with mediocre players in important positions to 'carry the mail'.

This long time futility is on Shanny just as much.

To say he has had many opportunities to close and couldn't is an understatement. He has 1-8 in closing games
He had 4 chances to close the Habs out

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
What is Galaxy Brain? is it a replacement for *etard*d because we cant say that anymore?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

Listen from 11:30 onwards. Pk Subban sums it up perfectly. Mitch Marner may have despised Babcock and hated his guts. But he was willing to through a wall for him on the ice. PK talks about how when Babcock was coaching, Marner was blocking shots like crazy in the playoffs. A lot of Marner’s and other playoff issues were magnified once Keefe got here.

PK feels coaching is a big issue right now.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I really don't think Keefe is the root issue with this group. Not even close. He will still get fired but that isn't going to change anything on its own.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Sorry guys, don't blame Keefe. MLSE has been a ClubHouse for decades and Keefe can only do so much to send a message.

Ultimately, he can't make his stars score. This is and remains on the core and the hockey illiterate owners who allowed the same core to stick around when changes needed to be made immediately after the Habs series.

Hey, I said my part for years here. Suggested a trade of one or both of Marner or Nylander to free up space and find the right types. Suggested Leafs sign Petrioangelo when he was a UFA, think about that NO asset costs needed to give away a once in a lifetime situation and they could have walked away from Reilly with a legit #1 for a couple million more.

Dubas did all he could to boost this team regardless of peoples opinions of his asset management. He should never have signed the RFAs to those contracts.

The prisoners run the asylum and it will not change until ownership decides they will bring in the hard asses and tell them "you do whatever you want".

Brad did well, I hope he sticks to his guns. He should have the cap space of Marner and Brodie next year, he will have to assess what to do next.

Keefe will land another job and he had the extra year of security. You can't turn water into wine. I kept hearing the same EA SPorts fans on here talk about how Marner made Matthews the player he was...I mean...guys...

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Sorry guys, don't blame Keefe. MLSE has been a ClubHouse for decades and Keefe can only do so much to send a message.

Ultimately, he can't make his stars score. T

He still HAS to go.
No one said coaching was fair.

KaN19

Jun 25, 2023
It's crazy how this classless, clueless slob with no pedigree got to sit behind the bench of the Toronto Maple Leafs for half a decade with ZERO success.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00