Player Discussion Sheldon Keefe - All encompassing galaxy brain discussion

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Apparently versteeg missed last years playoffs. Made numerous mistakes which kept the panthers in the series.
His biggest mistake was that he waited too long to switch goalies. I'm guessing he won't make the same mistake(s) this time. This will be Keefe's 5th playoffs. Hopefully he has learned his lessons but many do not seem to think so.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
His biggest mistake was that he waited too long to switch goalies. I'm guessing he won't make the same mistake(s) this time. This will be Keefe's 5th playoffs. Hopefully he has learned his lessons but many do not seem to think so.
+ clifford

Reactions: ToneDog

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I like his defensive pairings for game 1. Which naturally means he will change them for game 2. I also look forward to his first idiotic soundbite of the series.

• Haha
Reactions: thewave

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I don't mind him making adjustments if things don't go well. I just hope he leaves the lineup intact if things do go well.

Reactions: OddyOh

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I like his defensive pairings for game 1. Which naturally means he will change them for game 2. I also look forward to his first idiotic soundbite of the series.
The only idiotic soundbite I want from Sheldon is him complaining the bruins disrespected us in the handshake line after we beat them.

Reactions: Jmo89

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
What is Keefe doing making a comment on Nylander like that. How do you get guys to quit playing for you? Say stuff like that. People think goaltending is the weakness on the Leafs? Head coach is clearly making a case.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
What is Keefe doing making a comment on Nylander like that. How do you get guys to quit playing for you? Say stuff like that. People think goaltending is the weakness on the Leafs? Head coach is clearly making a case.
??

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This guy is the single most criticized coach of all time, yet he is going to outlast nearly every other coach in the league. It's quite a thing.

Reactions: authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
This guy is the single most criticized coach of all time, yet he is going to outlast nearly every other coach in the league. It's quite a thing.

Best winning percentage of any Leafs coach in NHL history and only living person to coach a series win for Toronto has its perks

Reactions: sxvnert

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
If you're trying to imply that bounce goals like that somehow degrade the win because "luck", it's worth mentioning that our opponents this year score around 80% of their goals that way.
I think suggesting that "our opponents this year score around 80% of their goals (on lucky bounces)" is not only inaccurate but poor rationalization.

Yes, we finally won a series, but let's not pretend it was much more than a lucky bounce.

I have nothing against lucky bounces, or winning thanks to them, but I can acknowledge a lucky bounce.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I think suggesting that "our opponents this year score around 80% of their goals (on lucky bounces)" is not only inaccurate but poor rationalization.

Yes, we finally won a series, but let's not pretend it was much more than a lucky bounce.

I have nothing against lucky bounces, or winning thanks to them, but I can acknowledge a lucky bounce.
Nice job completely misreading what I said. No one scores more bullshit bounce goals than the Boston Bruins.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Nice job completely misreading what I said. No one scores more bullshit bounce goals than the Boston Bruins.
I'm not sure what I "misread". You said "our opponents", not "Boston".

I don't think "no one scores more bullshit bounce goals than the Boston Bruins" is accurate either, and even if it were it does not invalidate my point. It actually supports my point - if you can call Boston goals "bullshit bounce" why can't I call a Leafs goal "a lucky bounce"?

Donnie740

May 28, 2021

Coaching has always been the Leafs weak spot ever since Bozo the Keefe was hired by his equally incompetent buddy.

Will be interesting to see how many penalties Toronto takes this series for having too many men on the ice.

And of course the constant shuffling of line combinations and defensive pairings on pretty much every shift.

Bozo the Keefe is a mediocre junior hockey calibre coach at best.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Honest question:

Who of the 8 Eastern Teams coaches do you think Keefe is better than?

Carbery?

Anyone else?

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
If Bozo the Keefe wants to put JarnCrap on the power play, they might as well sign Dan Daoust to a contract tomorrow and roll him out on the penalty kill.

Unbelievably dumb decisions from Bozo the Keefe. Again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad