Shed of Vengeance (Memorial of Vengeance)

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Mission accomplished.

Vengeance MD
Congratulations! How does the next step work for you in the Czech Republic? Is it like the states where you have an intern year followed by multiple residency years? Do you get much say where that occurs? Do you plan to specialize or do you plan to be a general internist?

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
THANKS
Congratulations!
THANKS
Congratulations! How does the next step work for you in the Czech Republic? Is it like the states where you have an intern year followed by multiple residency years? Do you get much say where that occurs? Do you plan to specialize or do you plan to be a general internist?
WELL I DO HAVE THE TITLE, BUT I HAVE TO FIRST DO ABOUT THREE YEARS OF “STEM” AND THEN SPEC IN TWO TO FOUR YEARS.
TO AN EXTENT, IF HOSPITAL OF CHOICE DEVELOPS MUTUAL INTEREST, THEN YES.
SPECIALIZE, BUT DEFINITELY NOT KIDNEYS.
Congrats. Onward and upward!
AND FORWARD.
Congratulations, brother. Well done.
VENGEANCE IS MY ONLY SOLACE.

Sweet! Good luck going forward.
THANK YOU.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
983e45c299ddc2cd60fb2771406aec6d.png

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Do they have private practices there like we do in the US? That seems to be the best way to go for doctors here. Oh, and congrats!
That is not necessarily true here. It really depends on where you are located and the proximity to a major health system. For example, here in the extended “Triangle” area, a lot of the “private” practices across disciplines are being gobbled up by the UNC, Duke, and Wake Med conglomerates. If the practice refuses to be assimilated, they often get “shut out” of referrals or insurance networks by those entities.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
From one healthcare provider to another, congratulations! Just remember nurses are your friends!
BOTH OF MY PARENTS WERE/ARE NON-DOCTORS, BUT AFFILIATED TO HEALTHCARE. AND TBH, NURSES ARE OUR SUPERIOR FOR SOME TIME AFTER WE LEAVE SCHOOL. HI @PredsV82 WHILE WE ARE AT IT.
HELL MOTHERf***ING YEEEEEEAH

Time for your name change?
I CONSIDER IT. I KINDA LIKE HAVING THE SAME NAME. I HAVE A LEGACY TO BUILD.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
That is not necessarily true here. It really depends on where you are located and the proximity to a major health system. For example, here in the extended “Triangle” area, a lot of the “private” practices across disciplines are being gobbled up by the UNC, Duke, and Wake Med conglomerates. If the practice refuses to be assimilated, they often get “shut out” of referrals or insurance networks by those entities.

I've been an employed physician all my career and couldnt be happier. No financial risk, no hassles of running a business. Just show up, fix people, go home.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
May I humbly recommend "DrMrazeksVengeanceMD"
I keep the name. THIS MIGHT BE THE FUTURE TEXT BELOW IT.

Welcome to the club!! Start working on your golf game:naughty:
EH. I TRIED GOLF AS A KID (DAD PLAYED WELL FOR AN AMATEUR, HAD HCP BELOW 10 FOR A LONG TIME). BUT I AIN’T BUILT FOR SUCH A SILENT SPORT. I AM MORE LIKELY TO WATCH IT. ONCE I OVERCOME THE PAIN ASSOCIATED WITH IT.

Well done sir!
THANK YOU.
Canes team doctor?;)
NAH, NOT EXACTLY CLOSE TO RALEIGH AS OF NOW AND MORE OF AN INTERNAL MEDICINE TYPE.
Dr Vengeance, not sure if it’s a villain or hero name

YES. VENGEANCE IS MY ONLY SOLACE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
So... I have to say my December and January of 2021 and 2022 are very easily superior to December of 2020 and January of 2020.
As in I am super fu^king happy right now.
I am MD. We sold the house. And the optics stuff was mostly solved.
Thank you.

Threefold... Alright, let's make a wish list. I won't go with the ones that are global/countrywide (people getting vaxxed, humanity getting rid of this shitass pandemic + our government getting slashed in the next elections).

Sis' getting married with everything going the right way and making me a biological uncle. (I am four times step uncle).
Finishing the fu^king school on time and getting work at the pulmonary. This was one's mostly on me, I'd better take care of that one MYSELF.
Get into the game. Hell knows that if you enter a global pandemic single, you are likely to stay single for some time. To be fair I think that in the past year I have matured the most I have done in a long time. Also grew older much more figuratively speaking (I even look older. Shorter hair, less shaving.)
Thank you.

Threefold... Alright, let's make a wish list. I won't go with the ones that are global/countrywide (people getting vaxxed, humanity getting rid of this shitass pandemic + our government getting slashed in the next elections).

Sis' getting married with everything going the right way and making me a biological uncle. (I am four times step uncle).
Finishing the fu^king school on time and getting work at the pulmonary. This was one's mostly on me, I'd better take care of that one MYSELF.
Get into the game. Hell knows that if you enter a global pandemic single, you are likely to stay single for some time. To be fair I think that in the past year I have matured the most I have done in a long time. Also grew older much more figuratively speaking (I even look older. Shorter hair, less shaving.)
Thank you.

So yeah. My sister is 6 weeks away from her term and while she and the kid (expected to be a girl) are making things exciting, I have full faith in our gynecologists and obstetricians.

I am actually getting that pulmonary job. Partially because I finished uni "at the wrong time". There aren't many new doctors in winter and they need one. To avoid selling myself short, I will bring back the fact I haven't worked there for more than two months as a student.

And for fu^k's sake... Yeah, I am still in a relationship that started in April. And I am still fu^king in love. Funnily enough, for you (probably), I am the calm one.
She's as brilliant, caring, and lovely as she can be furious.

I will be starting work on the 1st of February, so I am trying to make the most of January. That involves playing board games and getting smashed on Monday.
It must be said that in this session of Game of Thrones I managed to kill two dragons and retake my capital. And I invoked my dad. I am way too OK for someone who weighs 140 pounds (64 kg in normal units) and drank 3 shots of 54% rum and 4 beers.

Which reminds me. It saddens me each day he won't meet either of you people. I mean... If I ever introduced him to @Negan4Coach he'd be blown away. (He'd respect the hell out of your National Guard status and Afghanistan experience).

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Ok, so a lot has happened again.

My trial period is about to end and since I am expected to do some afternoon shifts in May, I can safely assume they count me in. It's stressful and some weeks have been a mild degree of hellish. It's been fairly chill this week though as we have been given reinforcements at our ward by Special Forces by which I mean a colleague who has 4 years of experience in the clinic (three of us regulars have less than a year and a half combined), is really smart and helpful. More interesting cases include a man admitted for examinations to be admitted on a waiting list for lung transplantation, a non-tuberculous mycobacterial infection, and people with chest drains. And we are getting Ukrainians with suspected TBC now and then. Gonna have a 4 day holiday and 1 day of vacation starting this Friday. I will be visiting Missus' family on Easter... so that's gonna be curious for my Easter-ignoring-beyond-atheist ass (I obviously don't mind people celebrating it).

I also had a 1-year anniversary with her. I still have to buy that toaster... (not a surprise, we need a new toaster, the old one broke down).

And as has been mentioned in some GDT before, I am an uncle. To a niece. She's a little ball of thirst, hunger, cries, and intense baby staring, but she's cute so she's forgiven. Didn't see her since maternity hospital, since work is a handful at times and I am still... without a car. Not that big of an issue with the current gas prices and the hospital being this close to the current place, but it's a bit more complicated to reach mom/sis. Yeah, because right now we are living together, because my step-sister, her husband, and two kids are currently waiting for their new house to get finished, so my flat is kind of occupied. And my own sister... is gonna be there at the end of summer/start of the autumn because of window renovation, so before I commit to any interior changes that involve us two living there I need these two events to be out of the way.

And for the first time since... In December 2017 I actually scored a goal in a league match. It was sweet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad