Proposal: Shea Theodore to MTL

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Like everybody know, MTL need a good LD. I always liked Shea theodore for his offensive skills. I don't really know if he's good in defense... But my question is :

WHAT SHOULD IT TAKE TO BRING THEODORE TO MTL ? (Not Jose Theodore please...:laugh:)

Does a deal like this could work ?

MTL :
Philipp Danault
Artturi Lehkonen
Cale Fleury
2019 - 1rst - (15th)

VEGAS :

Shea Theodore
David Clarkson's contract (5,250,000$ cap hit next year) Helping Vegas to sign a big name this summer

Like that I think that Vegas is getting a really nice center line and Daneault will be a key player in PK. Lehkonen is also really good in defense and can help the top 9. Fleury is a good futur D (nothing prouved but seams to have a nice futur). Montreal has his LD !

What do you think guys ??:thumbd::thumbu:
No way Habs touch this. Be punching holes in other places. No sense in doing trade

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
The value isn't that bad, top pairing D are really expensive to come by. The pieces of the value don't meet Vegas' needs though.

If players like Petry or Cayden Primeau were swapped in, Vegas would be more willing to consider.

LV Knight Life

Apr 10, 2019
Value-wise, the OP favors Vegas a bit, but it does nothing to address team needs. It would be no different than somebody offering Montreal a good deal on a goalie.....it simply isn't a need. Eakin scored 22 goals as the No. 3 center, so that really isn't anything that needs upgraded at the expense of losing a very good defenseman signed to a team-friendly deal for six more years.

Reactions: Nightrain

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Bad bad bad overpayment by Habs. We will just draft a D with our 15oa pick who might be just as good as Theodore.

I know it will probably take 2-3 years before the player we draft have a decent impact on the team but overpay to save 2-3 years is not a good solution.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
The value isn't that bad, top pairing D are really expensive to come by. The pieces of the value don't meet Vegas' needs though.

If players like Petry or Cayden Primeau were swapped in, Vegas would be more willing to consider.

Petry is a far better D-man than Theodore is ATM, why would the Habs giv you a top pairing RHD, a 2nd line C a top 15 pick and one of the 5 best goalie prospect in the world for a D-man WOSRE then the one we are sending?

Reactions: Alikhan Alizada

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Petry is a far better D-man than Theodore is ATM, why would the Habs giv you a top pairing RHD, a 2nd line C a top 15 pick and one of the 5 best goalie prospect in the world for a D-man WOSRE then the one we are sending?

You really misread that, not even close to what I'm implying. For starters, I'm a Habs fan. Also, I said OR not both and wasn't saying the offer should be Petry, Denault, Primeau and the 15th oa.

I was talking about need rather than value. If you swap Petry in of course the offer looks different.

But yeah, a 23 year old top pairing D has more value than a 31 year old top pairing D. I wouldn't add Denault or the 15 OA and without them Vegas wouldn't say yes to the 8 year difference.

I was talking about need. Vegas doesn't need Denault, Lehkonen, or Fleury. The original offer doesn't address any of their needs. Petry and Primeau meet their needs, that's what I wrote.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad