Proposal: Shea Theodore to MTL

Hunter31

Feb 4, 2019
Like everybody know, MTL need a good LD. I always liked Shea theodore for his offensive skills. I don't really know if he's good in defense... But my question is :

WHAT SHOULD IT TAKE TO BRING THEODORE TO MTL ? (Not Jose Theodore please...:laugh:)

Does a deal like this could work ?

MTL :
Philipp Danault
Artturi Lehkonen
Cale Fleury
2019 - 1rst - (15th)

VEGAS :

Shea Theodore
David Clarkson's contract (5,250,000$ cap hit next year) Helping Vegas to sign a big name this summer

Like that I think that Vegas is getting a really nice center line and Daneault will be a key player in PK. Lehkonen is also really good in defense and can help the top 9. Fleury is a good futur D (nothing prouved but seams to have a nice futur). Montreal has his LD !

What do you think guys ??:thumbd::thumbu:

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Like everybody know, MTL need a good LD. I always liked Shea theodore for his offensive skills. I don't really know if he's good in defense... But my question is :

WHAT SHOULD IT TAKE TO BRING THEODORE TO MTL ? (Not Jose Theodore please...:laugh:)

MTL :
Philipp Danault
Artturi Lehkonen
Cale Fleury
2019 - 1rst - (15th)

VEGAS :

Shea Theodore
David Clarkson's contract (5,250,000$ cap hit next year) Helping Vegas to sign a big name this summer

Like that I think that Vegas is getting a really nice center line and Daneault will be a key player in PK. Lehkonen is also really good in defense and can help the top 9. Fleury is a good futur D (nothing prouved but seams to have a nice futur). Montreal has his LD !

Holy overpayment batman...

David Clarkson's contract decreases Theodore's value. Theodore is not worth a top15 pick in a deep draft, a 2nd line C, a good young d-man and a good 2-3rd line tweener.

Hunter31

Feb 4, 2019
Holy overpayment batman...

David Clarkson's contract decreases Theodore's value. Theodore is not worth a top15 pick in a deep draft, a 2nd line C, a good young d-man and a good 2-3rd line tweener.

I agree with you ! I don't really know the value of a good LD. What do you see for Theodore ? And if we take back the 1rst ?

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I don’t see how this is an overpayment. None of those pieces have the kind of impact on the game that Theodore has. This makes Vegas a worse team.

Just because MTL needs a LHD doesn’t mean they can just take one that’s not available haha

Reactions: BabyPanda

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I don’t see how this is an overpayment. None of those pieces have the kind of impact on the game that Theodore has. This makes Vegas a worse team.

Just because MTL needs a LHD doesn’t mean they can just take one that’s not available haha
Ya maybe we should just give up the farm for a 33 yr old aging star.HAHA.

Reactions: Kotkaniemi15

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017

That pick alone can pan out a better defenseman than theodore. Adding Danault which would be an incredible 3c for vegas at a really cap hit and adding lehkonen which has the potential to be a 2nd line winger and is a really good penalty killer plus a decent prospect with cale fleury is an overpayment by a big margain.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
That pick alone can pan out a better defenseman than theodore. Adding Danault which would be an incredible 3c for vegas at a really cap hit and adding lehkonen which has the potential to be a 2nd line winger and is a really good penalty killer plus a decent prospect with cale fleury is an overpayment by a big margain.

Danault and Lekhonen would both be 4th liners for Vegas. The pick is no reason for a team that is a Stanley Cup contender right now to trade it's 2nd best dman.

So it doesn't matter how good the "value" may be. It makes no sense from a Knights standpoint.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
We already have Haula as 3C(injured all season long) and Glass coming up, so Danault's meh.

Lehkonen is also meh when we already have Pacioretty, Gusev, Marchessault, Stone, Smith, and Tuch on the wing. He's young but that's it.

The package doesn't address any of Vegas' needs which is... Backup goalie & defense, which means taking away our 2nd best dman that has great potential in Theo hurts us.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Danault and Lekhonen would both be 4th liners for Vegas. The pick is no reason for a team that is a Stanley Cup contender right now to trade it's 2nd best dman.

So it doesn't matter how good the "value" may be. It makes no sense from a Knights standpoint.

Let’s put aside the ridiculous trade offer for a second.

2018-2019 Philip Danault had the thoughest matchup in the entire league this season (this is a fact). He won just a little bit over of 54% of his faceoffs, put up 53 points woth less than 15 minutes of PP time and was top 20 league-wide in corsi.

If this was really Vegas 4th liner, they’ll be waiting on the winner of tonight’s game and preparing for the Western Conference finals.

I wouldn’t even do Danault for Theodore 1v1, let alone add on top of it

Hunter31

Feb 4, 2019

I know that this player is important for Vegas and if you want a player like him you have to overpay... This is why it seam so big. But maybe we could take out Fleury and put a third and not a 1rst ?

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017

MTL :
Philipp Danault
Artturi Lehkonen
Cale Fleury
2019 - 1rst - (15th)

VEGAS :

Shea Theodore

Why in the world would Vegas trade their best defenseman, who is only 23 years old and on a great contract...for nothing intriguing?

Those three players don't make Vegas any better, losing Theodore makes them worse, and they're not getting a defenseman as good as Theodore at #15.

Where exactly do those forwards fit?

Marchessault - Karlsson - Smith
Pacioretty - Stastny - Stone
Haula - Eakin - Tuch

Plus they have Gusev and Glass to replace anyone they trade...and only Karlsson to re-sign.

They can trade Miller, Smith and Eakin to re-sign Karlsson, insert Schuldt for Miller, Gusev for Smith and Glass for Eakin.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Vegas might be interested in some, or all of those pieces individually, but added up that still isn't worth Theodore. I'm thinking that lands us a defenseman half as good as Theodore.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I know that this player is important for Vegas and if you want a player like him you have to overpay... This is why it seam so big. But maybe we could take out Fleury and put a third and not a 1rst ?

Every Vegas fan has turned down the offer as is and you want to propose a deal where they get even less?

In the NHL a pretty good rule of thumb is that if it takes more than 2 pieces to get equivalent value you probably need to offer better pieces and not more. 4 quarters rarely gets you a dollar when it comes to trades.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

MTL :
Philipp Danault
Artturi Lehkonen
Cale Fleury
2019 - 1rst - (15th)

VEGAS :

Shea Theodore

There's no parity.

Hunter31

Feb 4, 2019
In the NHL a pretty good rule of thumb is that if it takes more than 2 pieces to get equivalent value you probably need to offer better pieces and not more. 4 quarters rarely gets you a dollar when it comes to trades.

True !

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Every Vegas fan has turned down the offer as is and you want to propose a deal where they get even less?

That pick alone is worth somewhere close to Theodore. A d-Man like Cam York will have a very similar career anyways and should be there aroudn 15.

THEN, Habs would add a GReat 2way 2nd line C (who's been terrific shutting down opposing top line) AND a young 2nd/3rd liner? Yah no way.

We'll draft York, keep Danault and Lehkhonen, and wait for Vegas to come ask us to take one of their cap dump as, in order to free cap space, you actually have to send back som value in the deal. Trading guys like SMith, Eakin etc... will be way harder then it looks. Heck, you got a FREE Marchessault in order to pick Smith., Do you think that the prics has gonne down since then?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

MTL :
Philipp Danault
Artturi Lehkonen
Cale Fleury
2019 - 1rst - (15th)

VEGAS :

Shea Theodore

yeah..no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad