Value of: Shayne Gostisbehere

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Was trying to gauge the value of Ghost and wondering what he would bring in trade.
Gostisbehere (24) shoots left, (can play left) but plays RD on the Flyers defense.

Ghost makes 4.5mil x 6 years AAV.
Stats from last 2 seasons in NHL
(15-16) 64GP 17G-29A-46PTS
(16-17) 76GP 7G-32A-39PTS

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
Was trying to gauge the value of Ghost and wondering what he would bring in trade.
Gostisbehere (24) shoots left, (can play left) but plays RD on the Flyers defense.

200.webp

We're not trading him anytime soon.

Edit: Unless we're packaging Ghost to get a more well-rounded, young defenseman someone like Ekblad or Jones. This is going to end badly.

Last edited:

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I'd definitely take him in MTL. What do Philly would need? Would a Galchenyuk++ for Ghost+Couts would be doable or Couturier is off the table?

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
200.webp

We're not trading him anytime soon.

Edit: Unless we're packaging Ghost to get a more well-rounded, young defenseman someone like Ekblad or Jones. This is going to end badly.

I didn't say the Flyers were trading him anytime soon...

Gauging value for a future trade 2-3 years down the line when Provorov, Morin, Hagg, Sanheim, Myers and Friedman are all on roster.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Probably unmovable barring something extremely unfathomable.
That's what I though haha I'm just a fan of his and you can understand me wanting him in MTL with the poor line of Cs we have.

Now, I think Galchenyuk>Ghost, which forwards would be available in that kind of trade, baring an add on our side too?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Gauging value for a future trade 2-3 years down the line when Provorov, Morin, Hagg, Sanheim, Myers and Friedman are all on roster.

That entirely depends on how he looks over the next 2 to 3 years.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Gauging his value today for 2-3 years from now makes no sense, things change.

I'd definitely take him in MTL. What do Philly would need? Would a Galchenyuk++ for Ghost+Couts would be doable or Couturier is off the table?

Counts is off the table. Hell Ghost is too so this thread is odd. Now in another year if Myers and Friedman have good AHL years, who knows. At that point, we possibly have a logjam.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Couturier is off the table. I dont think it'll translate to the majority of the season - and will only be used for select situations - but Couturier is playing 1C with Giroux on his LW and Voracek on his RW in pre-season. He isnt likely to move.

This thread is at least a year, probably two, early. In 2019 we can talk, after Myers, and to a lesser extent, Sanheim, proves over the course of a full NHL season that they are NHL ready, but not before.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA

There is almost no chance that all six of those guys end up being regular NHL players. Law of averages says at least one is going to be a bust.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011

I'm not one of these people who think Couturier is untouchable, that boggles my mind really, But sadly I think the Flyers organization are of that thinking right now. He's a good player but thats about it. I see him as a 3rd line player at best so we'll see how it goes. Good kid so I wish the best for him

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

What is the point in gauging his trade value?

He just signed a 6 year extension at a reasonable cap hit.

He is not getting traded anytime soon.

I don't get it..

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
There is almost no chance that all six of those guys end up being regular NHL players. Law of averages says at least one is going to be a bust.

Well Provorov, Morin, Hagg and Sanheim will all be regulars this year at some point if not on opening night.

Myers and Friedman are starting year 1 in the AHL but both are on an upwards trajectory towards being NHL regulars.

It's actually very likely that all 6 are NHL regulars, whether it be here or somewhere else via trade to plug another hole.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

That's why we wanted to keep them all for the last few years. But none have dropped off yet and all have gotten better. That's all you can ask for.

Galchenyuk for Ghost straight up?

Nope. If Chucky had not signed that contract then it would be something to debate. Him only having 3 years left kills the deal.

ghost for carrick, leivo and a 1st?

lol...just awful.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Nope. If Chucky had not signed that contract then it would be something to debate. Him only having 3 years left kills the deal.

Lol what? Since when 'only having 3 years left'' is a thing? I know Ghost got 6 but 3?.. Lots of things between now & 3 years.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Lol what? Since when 'only having 3 years left'' is a thing? I know Ghost got 6 but 3?.. Lots of things between now & 3 years.

Let me explain.

The Flyers are building for the future, so having Chucky become a UFA right when that future is becoming the present, is bad. Hell we just traded Schenn who has 3 years on his deal for futures. Clearly Hextall does not have the next few years as the "win now" window. If he was a RFA and Philly instead had the chance to sign him to a long term, team friendly deal, then that makes a difference.

And I am not saying this because this is a Ghost thread. I said the same thing earlier this summer in another thread(no idea which one).

I think Chucky can be a good winger capable of 60-65 points. But his contract FOR THE FLYERS, is a bad thing. Just like it would be for another re-building team. For a contender, it would be great. Of course that contender will be wanting to trade picks/prospects for him to keep their contender roster intact.

Make sense?

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I know he wouldn't land Ghost now, but the only thing we've got that could interest the Flyers in the long run is Charlie Lindgren.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad