Injury Report: Shaw

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
He’s not piling on the injured player he’s piling on Stan and his love of previous hawks injured/washed up or guys who can’t play anymore for one reason or another.

Yes, I'm sure our GM sits there and says -- "who can I reacquire that has a unreasonably high risk of injury?"

Of course Shaw has a concussion history. A lot of guys do. Doesn't make them "washed up."

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Yes, I'm sure our GM sits there and says -- "who can I reacquire that has a unreasonably high risk of injury?"

Of course Shaw has a concussion history. A lot of guys do. Doesn't make them "washed up."

Obviously that’s not what he says in his head, but he thinks he’s smarter than everyone and he’s gonna get this player at a cheap price and they will be healthy from then on. It’s just wishful thinking, too much risk, it’s kinda like many fans too much “positive” wishful thinking without a calculated thought of the risk that had presented itself many times in the case of DeHaan and Shaw.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Maybe washed up isn’t the description, but if a list was made of the most likely NHL players to have a career ending injury, Shaw likely would have been No.1. It wasn’t some big secret.

It seems like Bowman was so desperate to cheat the rebuild and skip a few steps that he paid big for a player that had chemistry here and ignored the risks. Lesson: Never go full Holland.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Maybe washed up isn’t the description, but if a list was made of the most likely NHL players to have a career ending injury, Shaw likely would have been No.1. It wasn’t some big secret.

It seems like Bowman was so desperate to cheat the rebuild and skip a few steps that he paid big for a player that had chemistry here and ignored the risks. Lesson: Never go full Holland.

Maybe it isn’t the description? Shaw was coming off a career year so there is no maybe about it. Washed up is just 100% the wrong description.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Maybe it isn’t the description? Shaw was coming off a career year so there is no maybe about it. Washed up is just 100% the wrong description.

I agree, on his way out of the NHL is the description.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Savard played 41 games in his 2nd to last season.

Shaw’s games missed were not all concussion related either. He has injuries.

No this is a bad take.

The take was that Shaw would probably poll as the most likely player to suffer a career ending injury, not your frivolous argument about use of descriptive words.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I can’t say I remember a lot of people predicting this season ending and potentially career ending injury.

Reactions: Section88

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I can’t say I remember a lot of people predicting this season ending and potentially career ending injury.

No shit. Why would anyone do that in that environment?

A Montreal fan posted their consensus opinion, which was Shaw seemed like he was a concussion away from his career ending.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Shaw was not washed up. He cannot help what is happening to him and it was a bad descriptor by me. I was trying to point out Stan’s propensity to go back to the old ‘Hawks well often with little to no success.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I am not a Bowman fan anymore and like Q was I think Bowman is past his expiry date in Chicago. That being said I do not blame him for the Shaw trade. It was a solid idea at the time and with Shaw coming off a career year he had something this team sorely needed. You could use the concussion excuse as a reason you wouldn’t trade for Sidney Crosby but everyone in here would love to have him. Bad luck for Shaw and the team but I don’t pin that one on Bowman. Now the Seabrook contract is another story.......

Crow

May 19, 2014
No ****. Why would anyone do that in that environment?

A Montreal fan posted their consensus opinion, which was Shaw seemed like he was a concussion away from his career ending.
Seems like a lot of bullshit hindsight in both teams fan bases to me. Easy to say now that we all saw it coming.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Seems like a lot of bull**** hindsight in both teams fan bases to me. Easy to say now that we all saw it coming.

Sorry about the way I responded. Your take is fair if predictions are a prerequisite to criticizing later. I respectfully disagree with that.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Sorry about the way I responded. Your take is fair if predictions are a prerequisite to criticizing later. I respectfully disagree with that.
Well I could have worded it better.

Anyway, I am not absolving anyone of criticism entirely just saying it’s more forgivable to make a mistake when more foresight is required.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad