Injury Report: Shaw

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Would make that Shaw trade again 10/10 times given he was coming off a 47 point season and we needed another top 9 forward that could play with an edge. Its unfortunate he's still experiencing concussion symptoms, which will likely land him on LTIR if he's done. Hawks should be able to recoup the 2nd and 3rd round pick they traded for him if they move Lehner and Gustafsson. To say Shaw was washed up when they made the deal or he was #1 most likely player in the league to have a career ending injury is just looking for a reason to hate on Bowman.

Reactions: Esq and dougd

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
If you have never had post concussion symptoms you have no clue. This isn’t his fault, he’s not injury prone and there’s no predictor of what impact will trigger issues and for how long.

If I were Shaw, I’d retire now. Post concussion issues are torture. Imagine feeling hungover and drunk at the same time for months. Dizzy, nauseous and no short term memory- think about the movie Momento. And you have no say on when you are free from it. It could be years.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Would make that Shaw trade again 10/10 times given he was coming off a 47 point season and we needed another top 9 forward that could play with an edge. Its unfortunate he's still experiencing concussion symptoms, which will likely land him on LTIR if he's done. Hawks should be able to recoup the 2nd and 3rd round pick they traded for him if they move Lehner and Gustafsson. To say Shaw was washed up when they made the deal or he was #1 most likely player in the league to have a career ending injury is just looking for a reason to hate on Bowman.

Actually, it sounds to me like you're in denial. The Shaw acquisition had red flags written all over it. We all have seen how Shaw plays in the dirty areas .... Shaw has a lot of mileage on him - it takes its toll on a smaller guy often giving away 25+ lbs to ops players. And ever wonder why Bergevin chose to trade a player who is coming off of a career year offensively? Could it be that Shaw was being showcased by a team going nowhere in the standings? One thing sure, he got plenty of quality ice time in his career-best season. A shrewd move by Bergevin, if you ask me.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I can’t say I remember a lot of people predicting this season ending and potentially career ending injury.

It was obvious his career year was an outlier and that paying up for him was a mistake.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Actually, it sounds to me like you're in denial. The Shaw acquisition had red flags written all over it. We all have seen how Shaw plays in the dirty areas .... Shaw has a lot of mileage on him - it takes its toll on a smaller guy often giving away 25+ lbs to ops players. And ever wonder why Bergevin chose to trade a player who is coming off of a career year offensively? Could it be that Shaw was being showcased by a team going nowhere in the standings? One thing sure, he got plenty of quality ice time in his career-best season. A shrewd move by Bergevin, if you ask me.

Bergevin is a garbage GM...so good for him

Crow

May 19, 2014
It was obvious his career year was an outlier and that paying up for him was a mistake.
I agree with that. I didn’t expect him to only play 30 something games or whatever it is though.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
No one likes an "I told you so."

Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
If we're being totally honest with ourselves, we shouldn't forget just how awful shaw looked for us in basically every game before he got injured.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Shaw in his prime battled big players who were in their prime on his come up. Shaw never had the size but the heart. I will always give him respect.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I'm a Habs fan, randomly browsing here and... what can I say about Shaw's health? concerning?
I didn't follow the whole story but I know he got yet another concussion during the season.

I liked when he played in Montreal with Domi and Drouin. Domi and Shaw were more rugged and I feel like it helped Drouin feel more comfortable out there. Shaw is a great player to have and in a way I wish he stayed in MTL. That being said, I wonder how much of an impact he can have at this point, especially as he's pretty much a hit or 2 away from retirement IMO.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I'm a Habs fan, randomly browsing here and... what can I say about Shaw's health? concerning?
I didn't follow the whole story but I know he got yet another concussion during the season.

I liked when he played in Montreal with Domi and Drouin. Domi and Shaw were more rugged and I feel like it helped Drouin feel more comfortable out there. Shaw is a great player to have and in a way I wish he stayed in MTL. That being said, I wonder how much of an impact he can have at this point, especially as he's pretty much a hit or 2 away from retirement IMO.

Shaw can have a helluva impact. The problem here, and it's ginormous, the next concussion could cause permanent damage (operative word: could). Obviously, it's Shaw's call, but a large chunk of fans are quite fearful of seeing him on the ice.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad