Proposal: Shaw back to Chicago

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
8 million is more than enough to trade for a star player
forget about a trade. We need like 10.5M+ for Tavares as there's great chances he makes free agency and yoo can count the habs as favorites to land him. Its a perfect match with available cap. But, That cap wont be around for too long once and, if, hopefully, Tavares is signed. They would then have to extend Pacs, Chucky, Lehks, and so on, in the more immediate future, 1 to 2 years (from that point on).
Thats where freeing up to 3.9M per year would be massive.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
A trade that really doesn't benefit either team.

Why would they even consider it?

The question might be what does Chicago have on their roster the equivalent value of Shaw, because it's not a viable trade.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
forget about a trade. We need like 10.5M+ for Tavares as there's great chances he makes free agency and yoo can count the habs as favorites to land him. Its a perfect match with available cap. But, That cap wont be around for too long once and, if, hopefully, Tavares is signed. They would then have to extend Pacs, Chucky, Lehks, and so on, in the more immediate future, 1 to 2 years (from that point on).
Thats where freeing up to 3.9M per year would be massive.

Plekanec's contract will do the work.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Shaw was terrible last season, is on an even more terrible contract and I personally don't like his face at all but there's really no reason to move him right now since he probably has negative value and we have the cap space.

Don't like his face....hmmm....seems like more of a problem on your end...

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I don't think any sane GM would take that contract. Shaw is good at what he does but he's not a guy you invest term and significant salary on.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Why trade Shaw? He's been great in the pre-season, i know it's only the preseason but it's obviously still a good sign.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
As a Hawks fan I love what Shaw did for the Hawks and he was a big part of both the 2013 and 2015 Cup wins. But, he's not a $3.9M player. The Hawks have moved on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad