Proposal: Shaw back to Chicago

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Considering the Hawks admitted they missed Shaw badly last season, what would the Hawks give for Shaw?
A 4th round pick?
2nd round pick @50% retained?

Just take him off from us!

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
mtl didn't sign him to that large of a deal just to trade him. also why would they retain on him for like 5 yrs?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Please ignore the OP.
its serious inquiry. As a habs fan I never liked the trade and hated the contract. At some retention he can still be traded. And chicago is the most obvious team for the reasons stated above. I mean, think about it, rumors are Habs trying to acquire Duchene, a top 6 forward. If they do land him, Shaw doesnt even play in the top 9 and we're paying him close to 4M for the next 5 years. Its horrible. With Duchene/top 6 player, HAbs top 9 is pacs, Drouin, Gally, Duchene/top6 player, Chucky, Lehks, Danualt, Byron, Hudon/Hemsky.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
its serious inquiry. As a habs fan I never liked the trade and hated the contract. At some retention he can still be traded. And chicago is the most obvious team for the reasons stated above. I mean, think about it, rumors are Habs trying to acquire Duchene, a top 6 forward. If they do land him, Shaw doesnt even play in the top 9 and we're paying him close to 4M for the next 5 years. Its horrible. With Duchene/top 6 player, HAbs top 9 is pacs, Drouin, Gally, Duchene/top6 player, Chucky, Lehks, Danualt, Byron, Hudon/Hemsky.

That's great and all. Shaw has looked pretty good this pre-season. Why trade him away after one season? There's no rush.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
wasnt he the heart and soul of ur hawks? Apparently, ur gm claimed his loss was massive.
I don't remember ever hearing that, do you have a link I could check out? Regarless, GMs say things like that all the time. I'm sure the Hawks would like to have him, but not at his salary for that term. Hartman fills the same role and had a much better year. I don't see why the Hawks would want him back if he was making more than $2 mil and they had to trade for him. He's likely a 4th liner on the team right now.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
As a Hawks fan, I'd love to have him back. However, don't think MTL would trade a guy like that, with half his salary retained for the next 5 years, for a 2nd rounder.

And I'm not interested in giving up a lot for him either.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
wasnt he the heart and soul of ur hawks? Apparently, ur gm claimed his loss was massive.

Citation needed

The only player who was reported to be missed by members of the org was Saad and that was just reports of Kane and Toews missing him. I never once saw anyone say anything related to Shaw being the heart and soul of the team...

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Hartman nearly matched Shaw's career highs as a rookie with no power play time. Would I love to have an extra Shaw type in the bottom 6? Sure. At his current cap hit? No thanks

The only added benefit Shaw has over Hartman was Shaw could play center in a pinch, but that's it. Hartman has a better head and a higher ceiling

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Shaw is not for sale..... He's going to have a pretty good season if he can avoid injuries.
I'm predicting 20G 20A this season.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Considering the Hawks admitted they missed Shaw badly last season, what would the Hawks give for Shaw?
A 4th round pick?
2nd round pick @50% retained?

Just take him off from us!
"Us?" Bergevin loves Shaw. There's no chance he gets traded this year. Agreed he's overpaid, but Habs have $8 million in cap space, so not a pressing concern at the moment.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Shaw is not for sale..... He's going to have a pretty good season if he can avoid injuries.

yeah i agree. you could play him anywhere in a bottom 6 group. hes good at faceoffs. can be an energy guy on a top line. effective on powerplay in front of net. he'll have a better year for sure.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

Hope he does, he can light up a room despite the fact that his former teammates wishing he had a mute button at times:yo:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
yeah i agree. you could play him anywhere in a bottom 6 group. hes good at faceoffs. can be an energy guy on a top line. effective on powerplay in front of net. he'll have a better year for sure.
hes a floater as well tho. too many shifts with no heart. For an energy guy, thats really something to think about...

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
What a wacky OP. Shaw has been good for us, come on now! Injuries slowed him but when healthy he gave us exactly what this teams needs.
I am looking forward to what Shaw brings to the table this year under Julien!

From some reports apparently he was still feeling a bit dazed from the Krug hit despite being medically cleared to play...just goes to show how little we still now about concussions

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Shaw was terrible last season, is on an even more terrible contract and I personally don't like his face at all but there's really no reason to move him right now since he probably has negative value and we have the cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad