Boston Globe Shaughnessy wrote a full article on the Bruins - that's a sign that things are good

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I grew up with 3 of his cousins. Two of the 3 brothers died young. When I had the opportunity
to mention it to him (like, 20 years ago) when I ran into him at a celebrity softball game (IIRC), and mentioned how upsetting it was he shrugged and walked away. My wife and I were standing there speechless at his callousness. He's a smug piece of work for sure.
Similar story, my sister in law lives in his neighborhood and asked him to provide something (can't remember what) for a fundraiser, which he did provide. But when she pulled her car over to thank him a short time later, thinking they would have a friendly chat, same thing as you, he just shrugged and walked away, as if he wasn't taking resume's for friendships. She hasn't talked to him since.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Shank has the old boy Boston sports writers attitude down to a 'T'. They actually think since the athletes move on or retire and they (the writers) are still here, the writers are more important.

• Haha
Reactions: KWbruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad