Boston Globe Shaughnessy wrote a full article on the Bruins - that's a sign that things are good

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

Granted it's everything that we already knew and he somehow included the Bird Celtics and Morgan Magic, but the Bruins are so good that even he can't ignore them. Not a bad summary of the goings on so far for those who don't normally pay attention, like himself.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Granted it's everything that we already knew and he somehow included the Bird Celtics and Morgan Magic, but the Bruins are so good that even he can't ignore them. Not a bad summary of the goings on so far for those who don't normally pay attention, like himself.
“We haven’t even mentioned defensemen Charlie McAvoy and Hampus Lindholm. Or goalies Linus Ullmark and Jeremy Swayman.”

Because he was busy with 7 paragraphs about the Celtics and Red Sox teams of yore.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
How many articles has he written in the last couple weeks talking about how much he just doesn't 'get' soccer and the World Cup?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Couldn't be the Globe water cooler because no one over knows anything about hockey.........They only know how to polish John Henrys apple...........
And how to TRY to dictate their opinion about hockey fights. They haven't had good hockey writers in like 4 decades.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
For a very long time, I was a faithful Boston Globe reader, but if I had a bird, I wouldn’t put the Globe in my birdcage these days.

Dan Shaughnessy’s a punk. Plain and simple. He made his fortune on Red Sox’ 86-year World Series drought, and has been rudderless ever since Boston shed the “Loserville” label in the 2000s. He’s a self-important, self-righteous, condescending twerp. He wants to get on the bandwagon early in case the Bruins are about to kick off a Patriots-like run of titles. That way he can write about how he was there from the beginning and saw it coming before anyone else did.

Or flay them if they falter as another poster said.

F*** Dan Shaughnessy.

PS: He looks like an alpaca.

That is all.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gordoff

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I have mixed feelings about him. On the one hand, I think we share a cynical view of life-and of Jim Rice. On the other hand, he is a band wagoner, and character assassin who has earned the nickname "Shank." His history of the Sox is very mediocre-and I have read a few. He is capable of a good piece on any sport. For example, he did a good feature on Joe Thornton way back. But you have to endure the Shank persona to find one.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I went to the first Rolling Stones concert at Fenway - one of if not the first big concert Fenway had. Randomly, several media members were seated behind us. My family knew Sean McAdam who was there, so we chatted with the group a bit. Shaughnessy never stood from his seat. Not once. Sat there miserable for like three hours. It was nuts. But checks out.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
How many articles has he written in the last couple weeks talking about how much he just doesn't 'get' soccer and the World Cup?
He's been writing the same soccer article for three decades.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
He's been writing the same soccer article for three decades.

If you had a drinking game reading his articles and he mentions "tomato cans" you would die from alcohol poisoning.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
The only thing that pissed me off when the Bruins won the Cup in 2011 was that the Globe allowed him to write the lead article. That wasn't right at all. He didn't deserve it. And the front page that is hanging in my mancave still doesn't look right because of it. That and the article right below showing Sal Dimasi going away for nine years.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I grew up with 3 of his cousins. Two of the 3 brothers died young. When I had the opportunity
to mention it to him (like, 20 years ago) when I ran into him at a celebrity softball game (IIRC), and mentioned how upsetting it was he shrugged and walked away. My wife and I were standing there speechless at his callousness. He's a smug piece of work for sure.

Reactions: mikelvl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad