Proposal: Shattenkirk to Toronto

Marner93

Jul 15, 2015
This has been discussed so much the past year. Now that we're a quarter into the season, what do blues fans want for Shattenkirk? Throw out some trade proposals so we can see how much each team wants for their guys.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Pay no assets, offer him lots of money when he hits UFA and a team that is on the rise to play for. That's my offer.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Just wait for him to be a ufa

Exactly. That's why I don't buy any of these shattenkirk rumours at this point. Everything the leafs have done so far has been with the big picture in mind. Giving away assets for somebody you could just sign in the summer is beyond stupid IMO. Especially when you factor in they'd have another player to protect in the expansion draft (assuming extend him).

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Pay no assets, offer him lots of money when he hits UFA and a team that is on the rise to play for. That's my offer.

This would be ideal, but somebody may trade for him prior to FA giving them a higher probability to sign him. That said, i don't think we have what the Blues would need to move Shatty....that we would be willing to move.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
A third round pick for his negotiating rights after the playoffs.

I don't really see Toronto and St. Louis being a good fit before then.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
We back the money truck up to his front door on July 1st.

Isn't he too old for the Leafs core? Also, you already have Zaitsev and Rielly, how many offensive minded dmen you guys need?

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Yeah, wait for Ufa. We have a ton of $$ coming off the books this year and next. Sign and trade though.... for sure I'd dicuss that (depending on term and aav). I can see him going to Boston though and Chara retiring.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Wasn't it revealed that Shattenkirk wanted to remain in the US? Or am I thinking of another player...

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Exactly. A team destined for another bottom 10 finish shouldn't be going after rentals. We could certainly use Shattenkirk next year and after that but this year the Leafs shouldn't even be discussing deals for short term players that'll cost assets. If a team is looking to move a salary dump that's short term and is an improvement over the fire tire players like Polak,Marincin and Hunwick, then I'm sure Lou would be all ears.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Shattenkirk is going to be a busy man the next few years when he signs with the Rangers, Bruins, Leafs and Devils. How is that going to work when one of these teams is playing another? The team that trades for him before the ASG will probably have triple the odds of signing him long-term than the next closest team.

If the Leafs were allowed to set up the framework for an extension prior to a trade, I would absolutely be holding out for Nylander, even if it meant taking back Michalek and adding another "+". If we're talking about the Leafs simply taking a leap of faith and hoping he would be open to re-signing, I think a Shattenkirk for JVR swap is about the best these two teams could do and I would hope that the Blues would look elsewhere.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He's going to join the legion of overpaid vet D men on July 1st.

Don't think he falls into the Leafs vision of a younger core

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Dont really want him, he's another smaller, more offensive minded Dman. We already have Rielly, Zaitsev, Gardiner and Carrick on the Leafs. Hunwick is small too but he's gone after this year

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
hes very good...but only contending or near contending teams should give up assets for a rental

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Dont really want him, he's another smaller, more offensive minded Dman. We already have Rielly, Zaitsev, Gardiner and Carrick on the Leafs. Hunwick is small too but he's gone after this year

Smaller offensive defenseman that has a CA60 of 42.46.... Guy's easily a top-30 defenseman.

He would be unbelievable beside Rielly.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Putting aside all the supposed talk that he will assuredly be a Ranger.....

..... Toronto and St. Louis are terrible trade partners. What is Toronto going to offer that helps the Blues? They obviously aren't offering a Matthews, Nylander, or Marner. The Blues are stocked full at LW so JVR doesn't work. What is the enticing piece for the Blues to do a trade with the Leafs?

And on the flip side, why is Toronto trading for a rental player? Doesn't fit their timetable at all.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Shattenkirk is going to be a busy man the next few years when he signs with the Rangers, Bruins, Leafs and Devils. How is that going to work when one of these teams is playing another? The team that trades for him before the ASG will probably have triple the odds of signing him long-term than the next closest team.

If the Leafs were allowed to set up the framework for an extension prior to a trade, I would absolutely be holding out for Nylander, even if it meant taking back Michalek and adding another "+". If we're talking about the Leafs simply taking a leap of faith and hoping he would be open to re-signing, I think a Shattenkirk for JVR swap is about the best these two teams could do and I would hope that the Blues would look elsewhere.

Nylander for an extended Shattenkirk? You'll be hard pressed to find any leafs fan interested in that. Nylander is a core player, is
Shattenkirk? I don't think he is personally. He's a very good player who I'd like to have but Nylander is a potential franchise guy. Shattenkirk isn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad