i don't see NYR trading a top 6 F,
unless its Nash for a good short and long-term return,

and i don't see them (or most teams) giving up lots of talent for a rental

guys in their walk year usually get traded for futures,
and maybe a middle player's contract to balance Cap hit

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yeah, I'd say the Rangers should be counted out on Trouba.

From the sound of things from Craig Button's interview. Kevin Cheveldayoff would be seeking only the best comparable D men to Trouba from teams. So like Rielly from Toronto Maatta from Pittsburgh McDonagh from the New York Rangers Klefbom from Edmonton Krug from Boston and i just don't see those teams giving up those pieces for Trouba it would be lateral moves at best for them.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
trouba is the most overrated 3rd pairing d man ive ever seen. if he keeps getting better he could be kyle quincey

dashripdot

Jul 18, 2010
From the sound of things from Craig Button's interview. Kevin Cheveldayoff would be seeking only the best comparable D men to Trouba from teams. So like Rielly from Toronto Maatta from Pittsburgh McDonagh from the New York Rangers Klefbom from Edmonton Krug from Boston and i just don't see those teams giving up those pieces for Trouba it would be lateral moves at best for them.

Teams are unlikely to make such a lateral move unless it's for the same reason that that is the Jets' asking price: they want the same age and talent coming back on the opposite side of the blueline. Good luck finding a trading partner to match/mirror that criteria without creating a another hole.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Pass. Gorton is all about getting younger and the Rangers are trying to get Trouba. If that happens, it's highly doubtful there will be pieces left over to trade for Shattenkirk and at this point they might as well wait for free agency to see how serious he is about being a Ranger.

Where did you hear that the Rangers are trying to get Trouba? Not trying to be sarcastic. Serious question, as I haven't heard anything about it.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

Trouba isn't comparable to McDonagh. Trouba isn't nearly as good defensively, nor is he as experienced. McDonagh is on one of the best contracts in the entire league and is a better defenseman at this point.

Winnipeg would have to add a lot to get McDonagh, things they would not want to add.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Wouldn't Trouba or Shattenkirk be exposed during the expansion draft? Mcdonagh, Staal and Girardi.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Not gonna give up alot of assets for Shatty Who would want s big contract next summer. If we Are giving him alot of money we Are not giving up alot of assets to get him

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't know how they could sign him, they have 62 million committed to next year as it is and they have to sign Zabaneajad that's going to cost another 4+ million so now we are at 66 million or more I just don't see how they fit in his salary which won't be less then 6.5 million and he could get 7.5

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
easy

I don't know how they could sign him, they have 62 million committed to next year as it is and they have to sign Zabaneajad that's going to cost another 4+ million so now we are at 66 million or more I just don't see how they fit in his salary which won't be less then 6.5 million and he could get 7.5

easy cause next year nash and one of girardi or staal won't be on the team anymore. klein as well will probably be traded by the deadline for picks because they don't want to lose him in the EXP draft.

so next year nash gone 7.8 million 1 of girardi 5.5 staal 5.7 klein 2.9 glass 1.45

conclusion, plenty of money

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I think Shatty will flourish in the EC...Hitch's system doesn't really play to his strengths...he's a legit offensive force as a D-Man...could really explode if he were given more latitude to be aggressive.

It's fine to say wait until UFA but he will probably be more expensive next summer than now and there will be competition. For instance, Boston or one of several other teams could easily steal him if NY makes a stingy offer. Any team that could use a primo PP QB and an offensive minded D-Man is kind of silly to play roulette with the situation.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Luckily, you don't have a car. That's awful.

A middle of the road D prospect and a second liner, for a 22 year old, with three seasons in the NHL, who projects as a #1? Yeah that's an abysmal trade, what was I thinking?

If you ask other fans in this thread, the names coming up are Zuccarello and McDonagh. Only Rangers wouldn't do Miller + Skjei for Trouba yesterday.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
agreed

I think Shatty will flourish in the EC...Hitch's system doesn't really play to his strengths...he's a legit offensive force as a D-Man...could really explode if he were given more latitude to be aggressive.

It's fine to say wait until UFA but he will probably be more expensive next summer than now and there will be competition. For instance, Boston or one of several other teams could easily steal him if NY makes a stingy offer. Any team that could use a primo PP QB and an offensive minded D-Man is kind of silly to play roulette with the situation.

they will probably push hard for trouba. if nothing can be worked there i see them dealing for shatty this year. i think he would be great there as well but they would probably only offer nash and picks. they won't bust up a young top 9 for a UFA. they would peobably just roll the dice and wait until after EXP draft

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
The NYR have a glut of Forwards.
Shatty isn't gonna re-sign there.
What would it take for the NYR to pry Shatty from the Blues?

I am thinking Zuccarello or Kreider...

Your thought?

Let me help you, feel free to read any of these threads....

Shattenkirk to the Rangers :deadhorse
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2023305&highlight=shattenkirk

Shattenkirk for Nash :deadhorse
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2112519&highlight=shattenkirk

NYR+ in on Shattenkirk :deadhorse
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2109407&highlight=shattenkirk

Shattenkirk to NYR (again) :deadhorse
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2108917&highlight=shattenkirk

Rangers to Trade for Shattenkirk :deadhorse
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2107511&highlight=shattenkirk

Shattenkirk to NYR (again) :deadhorse
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2101603&highlight=shattenkirk

....mercy....mercy....please!!!

Group Chat Legend*

Definitely wouldn't move Kreider in a Shattenkirk trade. Or Trouba.

As a matter of fact I'd rather stay away from both of them.

Why?

No offense to Kreider but he certainly is worth less than Shattenkirk in a 1-for-1 IMO

Just curious, could be as simple as you dont agree with that assessment .

Last edited by a moderator:

cwgatti

Mar 3, 2006
I dunno...I get the idea that a big trade is on the horizon. Too many forwards with contracts. Buchnevich-Kreider-Mika look very promising. Pirri, Buchnevich could conceivable fit in if Zucc were to be moved for a Dman....depth is one thing, a glut is another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad